Weight gain with herbs

Boodles

DD has been taking Wonderup for about 3 weeks. There is no visible difference in her breasts yet abd she has not had any tingling or pains as many report. However she does seem to have gained a little weight (not a good thing - she has to watch what she eats anyway) and if seems to be hungry more often. Sh has only gained about a pound but she does look and feel a little bloated.

Does anyone else have experience of weight gain with herbs? Is it likely to be mainly fluid retention which will go away when she stops or something more permanent?

Many thanks for your help.

Kat

Hi boodles, what kind of herbs does she take? I know some of them are used to gain weight like fenugreek. I used some herbs last year, but didn't gain any weight and unfortunately I didn't gain some weight in my breasts either ;)

roadrashes

Hi boodles, I definitely gained weight on fenugreek. I hope she is not getting discouraged. Please tell her to think positive thoughts. It's way too early to tell on that herb yet so encourage her to eat healthy snacks like carrott sticks, non fat popcorn, etc. We are rooting for her and please keep us posted.

Boodles

Hi to you both and thank you :)

Kat - She is taking Wonderup which is a prepared formula but does contain fenugreek (about 450mg per day in total) among many other things. Do you known if the weight gain tends to be tempoarary, like water retention, or more pemanent. On the plus side she said yesterday that she thinks her breasts fell fuller at the tops, but I guess this too could be water retention. :(

Roadrashes - thank you so much for your kind works :) We know that it is early days yet :) Just hope that the weight gain does not make her have to stop. She had complained about being constantly hungry but she says these past few days that seems to have subsided so hopefully things mihgt be settling.

Once again thank you both so much :)

Anastasia916

Boodles, as many know I have had experience with different methods of NBE even way before discovering Noogleberry. I tried things that didn't work and some that did. Before finding Noogleberry and going on BO the products I tried before then were herbal. The first product I ever tried was called at the time Breast Gain Plus, it's now called Breast Actives, they changed their name because of lawsuits and other stuff I believe. Well it didn't work for me, despite their claims, I took it to the T did everything right as instructed for 6 months, had shelled out $300+ for it, and I was promised a money back guarantee, empty bottle one, but never got my money back, only kept getting the run around. After that I stopped for a while, came back and tried Zoft breast gum, I took it for 6 months, did everything as instructed and I grew 2 inches that were permanent, I never had weight gain with these first two things. Then I did a cleanse, took a break, came back and tried individual herbs, Fenugreek, Saw Palmetto, and Wild Yam. Within 2 months I started getting HORRIBLE side effects and no breast gain or growing signs, I got weight gain, loss of sex drive, hair loss, severe acne, mood swings, etc. So I stopped did a cleanse (this was when I first started NB). And then I got on BO, well Ultra Breast to be exact. And as everyone knows with BO and NB I grew 2 1/2 inches and went from a 32B to a 32D. So maybe the Wonderup has the wrong amount of herbs for her. Herbal NBE is a VERY tricky thing, the wrong amount of herbs can cause chaos, the wrong amounts can be ineffective, and finding the right amounts to the individual can be extremely hard to do for it to actually work. This is why I refuse to do herbal NBE. Also, isn't your daughter under 18??? You do realize her taking herbs for NBE can mess her up right? I do not recommend ANY herbal NBE to anyone under 21, it's said you can do it at 18, but honestly I think 21 is a better age because it should NOT be done until you are completely done with puberty and for some people that's not until early 20's. I didn't start any NBE until I was 18 and of course didn't know how herbs could mess your system up back then. From all the research I've done, I seriously don't believe anyone under 20's should do it. Now Noogling, massage, and BO I believe are safe as long as the person has had their period for I believe it's at least 2 years. For me that would have been at 15. Hope this helps!

Btw, the weight gain I got from the individual herbs was permanent I'd say, it didn't go away when I stopped and I have yet to get rid of it since stopping eventhough I work out like crazy. I'm about to try a diet supplement a body building friend of a friend's recommended and see if it helps, she said it only helps if you work out and eat healthy, which I do, so here's to hoping haha.

Boodles

Thank you Anastasia
Oh dear I thought I had been so careful :( My daughter is 17. I/we did do lots of reasearch (or so I thought) and as Wonderup said that it had been tested on 17 year olds and on the forum there are lots of 16/17 year olds taking it it seemed safe. I also felt hat as it is a UK based company and had been on TV etc it seemed safe. They also answered my multitude of questions quickly and at length, with no hard sell which I also liked.

We did look at BO for her, but, if I am absolutely honest, it is CJD that worries me. I know that they say that the product comes from countries that have not got mad cow disease but I guess they can only say that they don't have it now or that they know of. By the time it is discovered it could be too late. Don't get me wrong, if it were for myself I would take the tiny risk but it is different for my child.

In what way do you think that it could mess her up? To be honest so far she seems 'bright eyed and bushy tailed' apart from the possible slight weight gain, but her skin is still clear (she is blessed with beautiful skin) and her mood is fine. She has not yet had a period but not because of the herbs, just not time yet! Her own hormones are surpressed anyway as she is taking the pill. Why would BO be safer seeing as it its also hormonal?

Sorry for all the questions :( but I really want to understand. I only bought one tub of tablets and a cream at first and have just ordered another pot so could easily stop now. However she is convinced that they are helping over the past day or two.

Many many thnks for your help

Anastasia916

From all the research I've done herbs mess with hormones more than BO does. Herbs for NBE work on phytoestrogens, they give you simulated estrogens in your body, meaning they add to your already existing hormones. For someone who has not finished puberty yet, this can be VERY confusing to the body and it can cause all kinds of havoc, to tell you what all it can do, I'm not sure exactly. I think it could make her estrogen dominant, which is not a good thing. BO on the other hand does not give you estrogens or other hormones, it lets your body naturally create more that you need for booby growth, so it works completely differently. I'm not sure why 16/17 year olds are taking wonderup when it is completely herb based if I remember correctly. Everyone I know that has knowledge of NBE knows that's a big no no. I say use your gut instincts, if you think it's okay for her to take and she thinks it's okay, go with it, see what happens. But I was always told to wait until 18 to take herbal NBE (this was before I heard of other methods) and I waited until I was 18. Now that I've done research, I would just strongly suggest that people under 21 not try herbs unless they are 100% sure they've stopped puberty. Now I understand your concern for the mad cow disease. But honestly if we were to try to avoid it completely, we would have to not any ANY beef at all, this includes beef broth. There have been cases of mad cow in the US, UK, and many other countries, there is no way of telling for sure if that steak you are going to eat is mad cow free or that lowly stew. So that's why I went for BO, cause to me, if I were to get mad cow I would have already gotten it from the food I eat.

Now my question is earlier you stated she can't gain more weight, why is that? Also why do you feel only UK based companies are to be trusted?

Boodles

Hi Anastasia

Thank you so much for your reply. Let me answer your last question first. I in no way meant to imply that I thought that only UK companies are safe. I would equally trust a US based company for example and apologise if it seemed that way and I caused offence. What I meant is, as I live in the UK, I know that there are strict rules about what can be marketed (as I am sure there are in the US and many other countries) and the fact that Wonderup is saying that it is OK for 17 year olds, openly, and UK TV have shown articles on it made me feel safer.

With regards to my daughter's weight, all I meant is that she is not skinny and whilst she does not diet and eats a (mostly!) healthy diet she is not some one that wants to gain weight and would not be happy if she started piling on the pounds!

With regard to CJD I take your point and totally agree with it. We cannot know 100% that we are not eating infected meat or have not doen in the past. I guess it is just the fact that BO is a glandular concentrate which soemhow makes me more cautious about it. But as I said, if it were me taking it, I would do without hesitation. But it is slightly different somehow when it is your child ....

Thank you again Anastasia. You have given me a lot to think about and I will neeed to more research. In the meantime I will watch her like a hawk for any ill effects. Once again I am sorry if I have in any way caused offence. This was never my intention :(

Anastasia916

Haha, no you didn't offend me, I was just curious ;)

I'm half German half Russian by blood and I have talked to some German family members that only trust German doctors and medicines haha. Why? Because they feel Germany regulates it more effectively than any other country, and that's their opinion and right to do so, I don't look down on them for it or take it offensively haha. And I don't know how much the US regulates what is marketed to be 100% honest but I know we do more than China does!

I understand about being hesitant with your daughter, I'm a mother, I know when doctors say my son needs this or that I ask a million and one questions before I put anything in his body or even topically. For example, I have psoriasis, my first breakout I had at 6, I have since had to use a steroid cream that is prescribed whenever I have breakouts (probably part of the reason I'm a slow grower with NBE) and I've used it just fine since. But when my son was born, within weeks he had his first breakout (psoriasis can be hereditary) and they suggested the same cream. Me knowing it had steroids in it I pestered the dr like crazy with questions before I would put it on him lol. I do love the cream, I get a breakout and put it on, next day gone completely. If you've ever had red ant bites... a psoriasis breakout itches just like that. You scratch and instantly it hurts after but it itches so much you can't help but keep scratching until it eventually bleeds. The breakout untreated will spread and spread, my cousin has it also and she went untreated too long and now has scares, really bad ones on her elbows. But haha going off topic and my point. So I understand you being hesitant, I would be the same way if it were my child.

And haha yea, I don't need to gain anymore weight either so understand! I'm still trying to get the bit I have off but it's being stubborn and I do workout!

Oh, on the note of wonderup themselves saying it's safe for 17 year olds, I've never heard of an herbal NBE product doing that, so it would be the first! Most say 18+ I say 21+ because some people don't finish puberty until their 20's. Maybe they are saying 17 cause they feel that's when most people are done with puberty? Could be why.

Boodles

Thanks again Anastasia :)

Glad I did not offend - somtimes typing on forums or e mails things can not come across quite as you intended and I was worried that that was the case here.

And as for you being a slow responder I would beg to differ! Your progress has been amazing! :)

Anastasia916

Amazing yes, but took alot of time and patience. People seem to think I grew within a few months, which wasn't the case. I did NBE for years before getting where I am now.

Boodles

Point taken Anastasia :) To label you as a fast responder sells you short - your commitment and persiverence is to be applauded and should give inspiration to others. It is easy to see people who have an amazing result like yours and forget about what it took to get there :)