breast forms at airport?

T

teebalane

Hi,
i happen to wear breast forms often to add on some extra assets and i'm planning to travel overseas.
If youre unsure what breast forms are, theyre also called 'Silicone Mastectomy Replacement Breast Forms' and are made for mastectomy patients or crossdressers. They can range from c+ breast sizes and from what i'm aware; are filled with recycled silicone rubber.

So my main question; do you think its advisable to wear the breast forms in the airport?
I'm worried when i go through security check-ins, the breast forms will trigger an alarm or walking through the scanning will detect some 'other form' on my body? im sure that those scannings at airports only detect for metal? But then again, some airports are very strict with security? I'll let you know that i'm travelling to an asian country from sydney, australia.

I'm very very worried that the 'breast forms' will get detected and i'll have to shamefully step aside and be more 'thoroughly' searched by security ???

Maybe i'm just being paranoid.

Replying asap will be great!

Thanks so much :)

Anastasia916

Well I have no idea about asian or australian airports, but my hubby is in the US Navy and I can tell you, US military airports are very strict. You have to take off your shoes, belt, etc. before going through the scanner, and their detectors even picked up my belly button ring, I then had to lift my shirt to show what it was. And I often wear padded bras, gel bras, silicone inserts, etc. and I've never once been asked about them. So I would say the scanner your body goes through only detects metal. hth

D

DeeDeeN

Jip, Anastasia is right. Airport scanners only pick up metal and all things metallic. Many bra's have underwires. I would be more concerned about that.

Hugs
Dee

T

teebalane

Oh ok, well thats relieving. Because surely, people can smuggle drugs and whatnot within the breast forms =/ scary to think? i'm just more so worried of them 'knowing' im wearing breast forms. I'm extremely conscious and i'd prefer to stay completely undetected lol. Ridiculous the way my mind works -.-

but im quite aware that scanners only detect metal? im just getting crazily conscious.

Anastasia916

I'm sure people have tried to smuggle drugs that way, there are also such things as "moles". Moles put cocaine inside them, they swallow certain balloons filled with cocaine and by the time they get to the destination if all goes well and the balloon doesn't burst inside them, they poop it out. If it bursts, they die. Now this way of smuggling is non detectable because it's inside the body, but they sometimes do cavity searches for this reason, because sometimes they use females and they put the balloons in their vagina. Now they will not try to search you like that unless they are suspicious of you, and if a police dog smells that you have traces of drugs on you. So no worries hun, you are over worrying yourself. Reason I know all these things is because I know ALOT of cops back home, and my husband is a cop in the Navy. And he often does security for the airport here.