Brown discolouration/patches on breast? Help!

Intertwining

Hi all,

I've recently noticed that I have small, light brown patches of skin that's around my nipple area- they look like patches of dried skin, but I've been gently exfoliating and moisturising to no avail!

I'm really worried they're going to be permanent- has anyone experienced this?

I've been noogling, taking Zoft gum twice a day, and applying a breast-enhancement oil (containing dong quai and wild yam) every night before I sleep..

Do you think any of these have caused it? They aren't itching or sore or inflamed or anything, just unsightly brown patches :(

Aim4c

Hi Intertwining,

I have a similar issue but mine are in the region where the tape/or bandaids usually are...Typically when I remove the tape/bandaid, that area is usually red...now I remove the tape more gently to avoid making things worse.

that1spaztichik

OOOOOHHH, when I first read this I knew I'd have nothing helpful to say, but...I DO!!! Ok. You tape your nipples, right? I don't, but back in high school I had to tape down my belly button ring because I was a cheerleader, and we did some crazy stunts and things where we'd throw the flyers in the air. I was always a base, so I had to catch the girls, and I didn't want my belly button ring getting ripped out. I, too, got these "brown" patches you're describing! It's the adhesive, definitely. What I ended up doing was trying to move the bandaids every day. Like...one day I'd lay it parallel to the ground, straight across. Another day I'd stick it diagonally. Another day the other way diagonally. That way, my skin had a few days to get better before it got stuck with adhesive again. I taped my belly button every day, like you are with your nipples, so it's just the adhesive getting to you. So try varying up the tape...I also cut off portions of the adhesive part of the bandaid so there wasn't that much adhesive to pull off, but enough to stick. Not sure if that would work, as they might come off during noogling from the suction. Anyway, I hope that helped! Oh, and so you know...as soon as I graduated and no longer taped my belly button, the brown spots just acted like a scab. They came off with time, and never came back. My belly looks normal :)

Aim4c

Hey That1spaztichik,

I do cut the bandaids/tape as short as possible. Maybe I will try pumping without taping every now and then just to give that area a break from the adhesive.

secret

i think i know what your talking about, cause i have them too. Well not around the nipple more around the breast, its marks from the bandages,and my bandages are hugeee.... so i get this brown scapes that looks like scars. ITS SO UGLYYY :( i just started using this cream about 2 days ago, it seems like its fading away. anyways i think what you have is the same as me its marks from bandages. Try to upload some pictures if you can. ohohoh start using scar creams, before its too late to use it.

A

alexis

oh i have them too!!on the nipples itself, so i tried rubbing them off and they came out like flakes of dried skin..i rubbed it when my skin's dry though..

Intertwining

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the late reply! Thank you all so much for the responses- I really had no idea it was because I've been taping my nipples! I haven't noogled for about a week or so, and sure enough, the discolouration is fading away..

So frustrating.. If I don't tape them, my nipples'll grow huge, but if I tape them, I get disgusting marks around them.. *cries* :'(

Has anyone found a solution to the marks?

I mean, if I just position the bandaids differently whenever I pump like that1spaztichik said, doesn't that mean I'll just get the marks ALL AROUND my boob instead of two lines around my nipple? ::)

I can't shorten the adhesive part either, because that would mean that the hold on my boob would be loose when I pump and my nipples will ESCAPE! lol!

Thanks! :D

Lily13

I have really huge areolas already and I honestly haven't seen any difference in their size with noogling. They look a tiny bit bigger immediately after noogling, but I think that's because of all the blood flowing into the breasts/nipple from the suction. After an hour, I don't see any difference in size.

I don't have any ideas for you though. :'( Sorry!

that1spaztichik

About the all-around brown spots, I don't know. All I know is that for my belly button situation, it helped because the adhesive was in a different place every day, rather than ripping off my skin in the same spot every time. It may or may not help. Just a suggestion, I can't test it out as I don't tape my nipples :)