Celulite cream

L

Lululu

Hi everyone - the other thing I tried last summer was a celulite cream which I'm convinced really worked - I stopped using it over the winter because my legs are totally covered up all the time and it only took a few weeks to work - I was going to recommend it on here but then I thought I dont want anyone to waste money if it was just in my imagination so here's the plan - I will use it one 1 leg until I'm sure there is a difference and then let you know it if it really does work
:-*- wish me luck!!!

B

booler

Good luck, but could you tell me the name of the cream now. I am going to Hawaii in a month, and would rather risk the money than the time. 8)
Booler

N

naturalboobs

Good Luck Lululu,

But I'm with Booler, may you please tell us the name of it. I'm willing to try it also.

Love,
Naturalboobs

L

Lululu

No prob - let me know if it works for you - the above article has a link to the UK and Eire stockist but I googled Karin Herzog USA and found the stockist for the US http://www.karinherzogus.com/

L x

C

catsrule

Nivea has a cream and 2 week supply of tablets to help get rid of cellulite..just saw that today at the drugstore! was tempted to try!!!

L

Lululu

I've tried the Nivea celulite cream (but not with any tablets) - in fact I've tried everything from Dove to Loreal to brands I'd never heard of and none of them worked as well as the Karin Herzog - that's the only one I think really worked more than I'd expected L x

L

Lululu

OK there's good news ;D and bad news :-\!!

The bad news is that I'm giving up on this little experiment of treating just one leg to see if the cream works.... :( the good news is that I'm giving up becuase I can notice the difference already :eek: - it's been about a week and the right leg skin is definitely smoother :) - the celulite is still there :-\ (although I think don't think it's as bad as it was before last summer so maybe I have some lasting effect from the cream last year - isn't it funny how you can go a whole winter without looking at your butt and legs!!) - I can see a difference and I don't want to end up looking permanently like the before AND after photos at the same time. I'm going to keep going with both legs and hope the left will catch up soon!! ;D ;D ;D

L x

D

Dixieland

Lululu,
Thanks for sharing! ;)
I wish it was cheaper, that is going to definitely have to wait! Does it last for awhile, or do you end up using more than the first set/tubes of creams? Just curious because if you have to buy several that would be really expensive.
Dixieland

L

Lululu

I think a tube lasts about 6-8 weeks for me and once you are happy with the result you wouldn't have to use it everyday to keep it at that level - Iwas so happy with the result halfway through the first tubes that I bought a second lot but that's what I'm using now (and I have got a third one in the cupboard for when that finishes. It is expensive but if you don't have issues with the size of your thigh you could try just the Silhoette on it's own (and you definitely use less of that because you don't massages it in so you just need a tiny amount to smooth over) - the Tonus B12 is a cream to help reduce the size by assisting with drainage.

L x

M

Mumma Bear

I've been using the Garnier BodyTonic Caffeine Firming Lotion for a couple of weeks now - it's actually working quite well. I've also just ordered those Bio-slim pants - has anyone heard of these or tried them? They look like bike pants but the fabric has some special ceramic something embedded in it that means they heat up a little. You wear them to bed and/or under your clothes during the day.

http://www.bioshapewear.com.au/how-does-scala-bio-promise-anti-cellulite-shapewear-work.php

will let you all know how I go...

R

Rafferty

Hi Mumma Bear,

Can you let me know how you go with those bio pants or scala, or whatever they are called? I too have been looking at them but don't want to waste any more money on cellulite things that just don't work. I too am from Australia. ;D

Raff

M

Mumma Bear

Hi Rafferty :)

They arrived in the post the other day and I've been wearing them at night. Only a few days so far, so no amazing results to post yet, but they are super comfy and very well made. I figure if they don't end up working then at least I have a handy (and very comfy) girdle-type thing to wear under eveningwear, so it's not really a waste of $ in the end either way.

For the record, my starting measurements are 35 inches around the biggest part of my hips/bum and 20 inches around the plumpest part of each thigh. Not sure how to measure the cellulite-ness factor, but hopefully that gets less obvious.

Will let you know - and will start another thread if I've just hijacked?!

R

Rafferty

Hi Mumma Bear,

That would be great! And good luck. I don't know whether to go for the scala pants or a needling device like the beauty mouse, or another cheaper version on Ebay. Just holding off for now. Going to Bali in August and want to be able to wear a bikini without worrying about my horrible cellulite!

Love Raff

Clovis00

There has been a lot of research into cellulite and possible treatments and cures. There has been no definite cure found, but treatments methods have shown promise in hiding the visibility of cellulite. Most cellulite treatments work to make the skin look better, healthier and mask the dimpled look.

Cellulite cream is used by rubbing it to the area. It must be used on a regular basis as directed on the package. The effects are not permanent so regular use is the only way to benefit from its use. The cream works by increasing circulation and replenishing moisture to the skin, making it plumper and healthier looking. This in turn helps to fill in the dimpled areas and hide the cellulite.

Cellulite cream varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. The active ingredients can range form caffeine to retinal to herbal mixes. Most active ingredients, though serve the same purpose. They all bring blood to the surface and improve circulation which plumps up the skin.

Aminophylline is commonly used in cellulite cream. It is a drug that is used to help open lung passages. It dilates blood vessels, opening them and allowing more blood flow. When used in a cellulite cream, they work to increase the blood flow to the skin, making it plumper, filling in the dimples and reducing the signs of cellulite.

Some cellulite creams contain ingredients that aim to improve the structure of the skin, not just the appearance. These products hold the most possibility for being the most effective. Since cellulite is believed to be partly due to structure damage within the skin, these creams seem to do the most benefit.

The research into cellulite cream has been varied. Many claim the research that has been done is bias because it has been completed by companies that produce cellulite cream. However, some findings have been conclusive enough to prove certain ingredients in some cellulite creams is beneficial.

Despite the demand for cellulite treatments, the abilities of manufacturers to find a cure is still a long way off. For now people are stuck with trying to figure out which treatment methods work best. Cellulite creams may be a good solution, depending upon the active ingredient and how well they are used.