I think mine's defective. Plus there's big gaps everywhere

tinyone

I wear a 32A bra and I'm 30 inches around under my bust. I ordered a medium breast pump because I read that I should buy a little over what I think I needed since my breast would grow into the cups. Unfortunately, these contoured cups do not fit, no matter what position I am in. There are big gaps no matter how I try to do it. Also, I never feel any suction, even when I use it on a different part of my body such as my stomach (just to see if it works). I feel like it does absolutely nothing. It leaves no ring mark, nor do I feel anything from it even if I press really hard for a long time. I even put my finger up to the tubing to see if I felt any suction when I pumped and I felt nothing. Is it possible my pump is defective? I'm pretty sure I ordered too big anyways. I don't know if I can get my money back. I am extremely dissapointed and I was looking forward to this so much.

James

Yes, something is wrong. You should try using just one cup. Just run a single tube from your pump to the single cup you are going to use. Do not use the Y connector, just pull the tube off it to use by itself.
You should find it much easier to place on your chest, so you can gain a seal all around the edge. The fact that you couldn't even get suction on your stomach, proves there is a leak somewhere. Inspect your tubing carefully for cracks or pinprick holes. The tubing should be tight on both pump and dome. If all this doesn't work, you may need padding on the cups to get a good seal, either buy the rings from Noogleberry or make your own. There are several designs described in various posts on this website including http://www.noogleberry.com/forum/index.php/topic,1919.msg17162.html#msg17162
Foam tape, yoga mat, and plumbers pipe insulation (closed cell) all work. Best of luck ;)

PS use flaxseed or safflower salad oil to aid good suction.

tinyone

I have used just one cup plenty of times. I disconnected the Y tubing too. It still had big gaps. I inspected everything and there are no holes or cracks anywhere. But there is a knob on the pump right by the word that says "Noogleberry" and the knob just turns and turns. I don't know what it's for. The padded rings are out of stock here for medium. But I guess I'll try to make my own even though this thing doesn't have any suction. Thank you very much for your response.