Nutrition

Karmatrip

So I have noticed a lot of discussion concerning nutrition and would like to post my 2 cents worth. But first I want to put out there that I have over 2 decades of considerable professional experience in the area of health and fitness here in the states so you can trust that what I say is a bit more than simple conjecture (or I am full of crap.... it is up to u to decide). But first a disclaimer.... I have had way too much rum tonight and cant sleep, so keep that in mind when you read this. Also none of the statements contained herein are meant to diagnose, treat or cure any medical condition. You are encouraged to do your own research.
For skin, hair, and nail growth there are (not limited to) 3 important nutrients to consider.

1) Collagen (basically gelatin desert). Collagen is the most abundant fibrous protein based building block in your body and is essential for the creation and repair of structures such as of hair, skin,cartilage, spinal disks,tendons, ligaments and nails (to keep it simple). Also it is important in maintaining the elasticity of you cells that is lost with aging... helps to fight wrinkles. Collagen is a protein that is essentially nothing more than rendered animal joints. Ever notice the wiggly goo that ya get when you fridge a cooked chicken or a turkey? Collagen. When you see "protein infused" shampoo and lotion..... collagen. So, basically, eating a butt load of "jello" should/will help with tissue growth.... as in bigger boobs. keep in mind that collagen in its most basic form gets largely destroyed in the gut during digestion, however partially hydrolyzed collagen .... "jello", is relatively easily absorbed by the body and is considered a "safe" food product by nutritionists... as in you can't o.d. on it. As a final note, collagen hydrolysate is now being successfully used in the treatment of osteoarthritis and osteoporosis.

2) Dietary Sulphur or MSM (as in methylsulfonylmethane, or DMSO2 ). Is important in the synthesis of what...? Our friend collagen, as in skin , nails, blah, blah, blah... It also scavenges free radical, helps the liver produce choline, and is very strongly believed to help relieve the swelling associated with arthritis, generally repair damage caused by inflammation... as in Noogling... muscle cramps, it is important for wound healing and the metabolism of carbohydrates.... the list goes on and on. I don't remember the author but I suggest that you look up a book called "The Miracle of MSM". There are some specific dosing recommendations but I cant mention them here with out getting sued so you are on your own there.

3) Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid or L-ascorbate). Is an essential antioxidant and a co-factor in about eight or so enzymatic reactions. Most notably for our purposes the creation of..... yup collagen. "C" is important in the healing and protection of the interior (plasma and cytoplasm) structures of your cells that get damaged when doing what?.... Noogling. "C" is an important "key-way" nutrient as it is readally absorbed into the interior of your cells and thus aids in the transportation of essential substances to your cells for synthesis. If you doubt his then do a bit of research into body building products and check out the large quantity of "C" that they typically posses. C can be toxic with a common symptom being watery movements, Old school athletes would use C to purge water weight and trust me it was NASTY.

So there you go, hope his was of some help to someone.

Strumpet

Sounds like you've done your research. Are you saying then that gelatinous products, as in Jello, or dishes made with gelatin packets, would be more readily absorbed by the body than collagen pills (ie NeoCell?)

Lily13

I've taken too much vitamin C before and I wouldn't call it toxic. You aren't going to die from too much vitamin C...you just have to run to the bathroom quick. LOL :D I did it as an experiment and it took less than 5 grams for that to happen. Meanwhile my husband can take 40grams and be fine...

xxbabygirlxx

Are you talking about the three most important for breast growth or in general? Because i'm not sure about Vitamin C...

xxbabygirlxx said:
Are you talking about the three most important for breast growth or in general? Because i'm not sure about Vitamin C...

She is saying that Vitamin C is essential in the formation of collagen and therefore an aide to breast growth

Lily13

http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/collagen.html

Vitamin C is an antioxidant, so I think it is good. I take it all the time actually. Never really thought of it as a good boob supplement, but it makes sense.

Karmatrip

OK, so my post was a late night rambling. The 3 items mentioned are common nutrients related to tissue repair and growth, there are other related nutrients and herbal such as vitamins A-D and K, BCAA's,evening primrose and Anica to consider. The list was not meant to be comprehensive, just some thoughts.
Yes I have done a lot of research in the area..... like two Bachelor's worth :)
The bathroom reaction to C IS most definitely a TOXIC reaction, although a relatively mild one.
Gelatin deserts are a fun, low calorie ,inexpensive, and yummy way to get all the collagen that one is likely to need, and yes, the bioavailability is similar to caps. :-*
Two things that you might want to stay away from are white willow bark (common asprin) and caffeine as they will tend to aggravate the bruising that is sometimes associated with Noogling. As a side note these along with ephedrine were known as a BCA Stack by body builders back in the day.
I hope that this info was healpful and interesting..... I suppose that if anyone out there would like clarification or just further discussion feel free to leave a nota and I will check the post every day or so.
Also keep in mind that this is an open forum and all of you NB brothers and sisters out there dont know me from Adam's cat so be sure to research anything posted here. Also dont do anything that might go contrary to professional medical medical advice based on anything that I may post.
EVER :mad:
Love and respect to all. :-* :-*

Lily13

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on the definition of toxic. :p Something toxic to me is poisonous or capable of causing death. If you get diarrhea just take less and that's it. No harm done and now you know your limit. I know mine is under 5 grams so I am careful when measuring out the powder. Most supplements don't have enough C in them to cause diarrhea. Those who get it, know they are taking a lot more than what is considered "normal" because they are buying it in a scoopable powdered form and are taking 5-20 grams a day if not more.

xxbabygirlxx

ok, so your saying eatting jello iss better the me buying/taking pills? how much jello would i need to eat a day to get my daily recommended needed for boobie growth?

Karmatrip

Hon, what I am saying is that when it comes to eating collagen vs pills there is very little clinical evidence to indicate a significant difference in the bioavailability between the two (if anyone can reference me to a study to indicate otherwise I would honestly appreciate it :)). One is just tastier and the other is more convenient. They are both tools to be used (along with others) to get you where you want to be. Suggesting exact quantities to add to your diet would be, in a legal and ethical sense, inappropriate but about 6 fluid ounces twice a day should do the trick. There are lots of free web sites where you can access the information that you are looking for. For starters you might want to check out www.eatingright.org it is the home site for the American Dietetic Association. If you find something interesting please let me know. And , as always, Love and respect to you. :-*

Anatori

Question for you since you seem to be the expert in the nutrition department. Maybe its just me being uneducated but is there a site out there for a weight GAIN diet? If i eat healthy I stay the same weight and if i gorge myself i stay the same weight. I can pig out on junk food, drink caffeine like its water, eat fast food, and still stay the same. I know this is weird but I want to gain a little. A diet is just a regulated program of certain types of meals right? yet if people go on diets its always to lose weight. I need a gain weight diet. Any tips or suggestions? Or feel free to call me retarded and send me to mcdonalds more lol.

Karmatrip

Hi Anatori ;D. Wow, you might wanna keep the "I can eat anything and not gain weight" thing on the down low or you may end up with some hate mail from those of us who gain a pound just from looking at a doughnut!! :-\ From what you are saying it sounds as though your metabolism is actually working for you as it should. Many people end up creating issues from radical weight loss or gain and from goofy "diets". So here is a fast bottom line for you.... by weight gain I assume you are talking about muscle gain and not fat gain. Our bodies LOVE homeostasis and as such will work hard to maintain a metabolic set point (either a healthy one or an unhealthy one) once it has been established... AND when trying to set a new one it is best to do so over a period of about 21 days... depending. So you should probably focus on a program that includes some regular resistance training of about 3 to 5 days per week with NO MORE than about 20 minutes of accumulated moderate cardio daily. When was the last time you saw a "cardio-bunny" with non-silicone c cups? ;D Your nutrition should be designed to fit the training routine. That being said, your search focus on line needs to keep those basic principles in mind. The best place to start is with a well qualified personal trainer to give you some individual guidance to use as a reference point. I know from professional experience (since I have written for a few of them) that about ALL personal training and nutrition webs have an agenda that gets in the way of objective information.... BUT one of the unqualified best is......drum roll please..... http://.teamusa.org/resources. It is the USOC web. Once there go to the "sport performance" tab then to the "nutrition" tab. Have fun on this site as there is lots of great info and you can get gobs of free stuff too!!! If you need clarification of anything you read there I will try to help out.
Love and respect. :-*

Clovis00

With hair loss problems and bad skin becoming more common, we are often asked what is the most important vitamin for healthy:
The real answer is the one that you are deficient in !!. However Vitamins and Minerals work in the body like a finely tuned orchestra and no single instrument is more important than any other.

Vitamins need co-factors to function fully. Minerals are important in the smooth functioning of co-factors hence a deficiency in minerals can give the symptoms of a vitamin deficiency because the vitamin can not be utilised efficiently without it .

The body has a "pecking order" when it comes to valuable resources and hair is pretty low on the list. Hairloss is not life threatening so it is logical to seen why other major organs in the body take priority.

Put very simply, we need every vitamin and trace mineral in our body to function correctly, but our genetics and lifestyle can impact on the level that we have.

We have dealt with clients that have hair loss and acne for many years and often found them lacking in the water soluble vitamins / minerals: In the West we commonly drink tea / coffee / alcohol and caffeinated drinks which act as a diuretic and flush these water soluble vitamins from the body:
The stress response also burns away a few specific groups rapidly.

The top five we see are:

1) Iron
2) B12
3) Vitamin C
4) Pathothenic acid
5) Zinc
6) Copper

These are explained in greater detail below, similarly we look at the best dietary sources.

Rhys5

Here are few list of essential nutrients:
B-Vitamins
Biotin
Inositol
Vitamin C
Vitamin E
Zinc
L-Cysteine and L-methionine