Pregnancy during period??

annalove

Is it possible for me to get pregnant during my period? I'm on birth control pills, ortho tri cyclen lo, i skipped the last set of green ones in order to delay my period, which it worked. Where i messed up was when i skipped 3 days afterward in order to catch up because the days were off. Stupid move, I shouldn't've done that because i know that messed my cycle up. I ended up having sex with my husband the third day i was off the pill, he came in me, and i had realized the next morning the mistake i made. Then i started my period. Can i still get pregnant? I've heard no because of the shedding that's happening, but i also heard that you're at higher risk especially during your period. I'm confused!

Anastasia916

Depends on your body, when you ovulate during the month, and how fertile you are. I've had a friend that thought the same thing and would have unprotected sex with her bf during her period, after only a few months she found out she got pregnant one of the times. It does happen, but it's not as likely as other times of the month. You can always take the plan B pill or whatever it is, I think the day after or so and it stops it if you are pregnant. I take ortho tricyclen lo as well, and whenever I skip pills I tell my hubby that way he knows to either A wear a condom, or B get himself off outside of intercourse. Communication lol that's the key lol.