skin

J

janonthemtn

Hello,
I would like to add shark liver oil as an excellent skin oil.
Squalene is the active ingredient. I get mine from iherb, $12/bottle for about 2oz.
It has made a difference in my skin, I use it 2x/day. The wrinkles on my forhead are much
less noticeable than they were. I don't smoke or sunbathe so I didn't start out with a lot.
I'm 55,almost 56 and I would not stop using this.
Janonthemtn

D

Dixieland

janonthemtn,
Is this an oil of some kind that you put on the skin as a topical?
Dixieland

J

janonthemtn

Hello Dixieland!
Yes, it is a fine, clear, odorless oil
It may be spelled squalane, and when looking for it at iherb
you may have to look in the M's as I think the manufacturer's name
starts with m. i threw away the box and the writing on the bottle
came off, so I'm sorry I can't give better info. If you google squalane
there is a lot of info online.
janonthemtn

jccarey09

You should always take care of your skin because it's where people base and see who you are. You should always be aware of what you're buying to avoid skin problems.

junjo

Except for a product to calm down my skin, since I have rosacea, I only use products from Lush. I have a pretty defined skin care routine to take care of everything.
I am quite pleased after I found Lush. No more break downs, skin is soft, without dark spots and less puffy. I've found happyness, hahaha.

xxbabygirlxx

I heard creams/lotions dont work for wrinkles? I heard only retin a, AHA, peels, botox, and fillers can solve that problem, because the lotions act like a moisturizer and once you stop using them you will just go back to where you were.

universallove

I have recently found a routine which is working really great for me. My main problems have been mild acne, mild acne scarring and dull complexion. I have started paying greater attention to cleansing, especially in the evening. Before i cleanse i use cleansing wipes which are specifically for removing makeup. I choose the ones specified for removing waterproof makeup as i often use long wearing foundation and i assume that is harder to get off. I then use a beta hydroxy cleanser- I buy the clean and clear brand, they seem very deep cleaning. I usually cleanse twice with this. every second day or so i follow the first cleanse with an exfoliation instead- usually i use apricot scrub. i have started using a separate face towel to dry my face only instead of the bath towel to be as hygienic on my face as possible. In the evenings I tone with glycolic toner (10%) Sometimes when I'm on the dryer side i use a 5% concentration instead. i think this glycolic toner has been the real transformer of my skin. Glycolic toner is amazing for preventing pimples as it cleans pores like nothing else. In the morning I use a vitamin c toner without glycolic acid, to make sure i dont dry out too much and as less cleansing is needed in the morning anyways. after the toner dries naturally I follow with an anti aging serum both in the morning and evening. my favourite is the prevera cream, it a very light serum like cream. I always spend alot of time in massaging my face, repeating many many circles till its totally absorbed as it helps the cream penetrate deeper and also stimulate circulation. Every second or third evening (depending on the strength and percentage of vit C), I replace the prevera with a good strong vitamin c serum or cream (environ makes the best one, although its expensive) which is also really good also to prevent pimples, but is excellent for other reasons too, especially brightness of complexion. On top of this base of either prevera or vitamin c serum I use environ retin a cream. I'm currently on the second step of the strength which is mild. The cream also has vitamin c and E as well as A. There is a separate day and night cream, the day includes a sunscreen. I usually cover the day cream with an high SPF BB cream (tinted moisturiser) or make up. retin a and glycolic acid increase sensitivity to the sun. Two or three times a week i use a green clay mask in the evenings straight after toning with glycolic toner but before applying serums or moisturising. I leave the clay to dry for 10 to 15 minutes and after rinsing it off i apply my moisturisers as usual. Since starting this routine I get virtually no pimple whatso ever, when before i was battling basically a new pimple every day. it was horrifying. Also my scars have basically disappeared, which of course both glycolic and retin a are great for getting rid of scars because they exfoliate deep layers and increase renewal faster. i would recommend glycolic acid and vitamin C as staples to any ones skin care routine. i think they are miracle workers for so many issues. as for retin a, i know its something that isn't for everyone, but i think environ is really a very quality product and my skin is definitely very radiant since using it and it doesn't seem to be aging at all, despite my late nights and less than perfect diet.

xxbabygirlxx said:
I heard creams/lotions dont work for wrinkles? I heard only retin a, AHA, peels, botox, and fillers can solve that problem, because the lotions act like a moisturizer and once you stop using them you will just go back to where you were.

creams and lotions do work but the major problem is that cheap brands put the active ingredient in way too small dosages. they do work though, just go for the one that has slightly more active ingredient

junjo said:
Except for a product to calm down my skin, since I have rosacea, I only use products from Lush. I have a pretty defined skin care routine to take care of everything.
I am quite pleased after I found Lush. No more break downs, skin is soft, without dark spots and less puffy. I've found happyness, hahaha.

what do u use of lush products?:)