Venting about girls!

GingerNub

I had just recently got a new job as a hostess at a restaurant. I had been a hostess for over a year at another higher volume restaurant so I felt like it would be a good fit. This new place was a little "nicer" more fancy but not as busy.

The first day I took to it like a fish to water. My trainer was great and I liked him a lot. Very nice guy. Everyone seemed optimistic about how fast I picked everything up.
The second day of training however I met the most ridiculous lead hostess. She had this attitude like she was a delicate genius at work and a person being trained was the biggest inconvenience to her. (How DARE they expect her to work with new people) She was rude, snappy and refused to answer questions without taking an impatient attitude. (how dare I have questions on my second day!)

Well I heard from everyone that worked there how she's just a total b***ch to anyone who is new, and that I shouldn't take it personally. After all she had been there for 3 years and was entitled to be a snappy rude a**hole to anyone who would be working "below" her. Why would she be so "entitled"? YOU SEAT PEOPLE IN RESTAURANTS!!! This isn't a difficult job by any means, and not one you should get a superiority complex over. I've only seen this kind of super-alpha-dog behavior from young girls though. The crazy hostess was likely around my age maybe a little younger. I'm 22. I've never witnessed a guy being catty in this way...maybe it's a girl thing?

I quit after my second day. Plus on my way out I told the managers exactly why I would not be coming back. I think it was the right thing to do. They should know what kind of a trainer they have. It makes me nostalgic for the last place I worked where all the hostesses respected each other (and I was in charge). Yikes.. Try not to leave good jobs for shitty jobs that pay a dollar more an hour. lol...

I may go back to my old job. I left on good terms and the managers keep asking my boyfriend (who is a server) what I'm up to.

OK.. my rant is over.

Lily13

There is always one bitchy person at every job. That's just what I've decided over the years. You cannot get away from them...lol

jnorton22002

Hi Gingernub,

I really DO understand your feelings. Try not to let this case bother you too much. People with that kind of behavior, usually are very unhappy people or are people who love to make others uncomfortable. They tend to enjoy others being uneasy as this gives them pleasure. History, though will prove you to be far more enduring, than the stupid idiot called the lead hostess. I'm proud of you for walking out, although sometimes that could backfire. Telling the managers was a good choice although, they must not see what you do or they would have fired the numskull.

Hugs my dear ;D ;D :-* :-* :-*

Jadie15

Hey Gingernub,

I totally know what you mean with the superiority complex thing, I had that in my last job. It was in a homewares store. All the girls there were around the same age as me about 21, and they had been working there since they were 15 or 16. They had that I'm so much better than you thing going on. Tried to make me feel stupid for asking questions and explaining things to me like I was a 5 year old. I think Jnorton is right, these people are usually quite unhappy. I felt quite sad for them, they acted like this store was there whole life!!! and that no one could possibly understand how things worked there, when its just a stupid retail store... its not rocket science. I find it quite funny that they act all high and mighty when their job is really simple. I haven't really seen it in males either, they are usually alot easier to work with I find.

Good luck with getting your old job!! It makes such a difference working with good people.

GingerNub

OH I didn't expect they would fire someone who has been there for 3 years. I just figured they might want to reconsider her "training" people. Not everyone has the patience to be a teacher. :p

My old work said they would be damn glad to have me back ;D