wax

I have been waxing for like... ever since I can remember, and I dont think wax goes bad..? I mean, how can it not function really... You just warm it up and it should function no matter the date.. I believe it shouldnt go bad :)

amelie

I´ve been waxing forever too (for the more delicate areas), and I don´t think I´ve bought new wax more than once or twice. It will go bad if it gets wet, though. That´s when reheating won´t work. But otherwise I don´t think it´s any problem to use it again and again.

Cheryl1989-1989

Hi, hope you dont mind me butting in abit lol, wax normally has a 24month shelf life after its opened depending on what type you use, also if its a pot wax you use with spatulas everytime you you put the spatula back in the wax it actually puts bacteria back in aswell so after a while you wax can be quite horrid and you might not realise, it can cause skin issues and other nasty problems so just be carefull ;D check your wax for a little jar picture on it with one of these numbers on it 6, 12, 18, 24, thats the months the product is ok for after opening.

Hugs Cheryl xxxx

amelie

Really???!!! I didn´t know that... yuck!
Wouldn´t the bacteria die every time you reheat the wax? Or maybe I´m just using the most old fashioned type? I haven´t seen any expiration date.

Lily13

What kind/type of wax are you all using? I have always used sugar waxes in the past, but it does not work for the coarse hair along my bikini line. I'm getting sick of shaving it because it never looks good even immediately after. The sugar wax works great on my upper lip, arms and everywhere else though. :)

Cheryl1989-1989

All wax is different, if you want less mess and something more hygienic just by a roll on system or a system like eggpot or Phd they use applicator heads and the wax is in sealed tubes and containers. Its only pot waxes that can be a problem and i find them abit messy sometimes lol. Overall i hate waxing but its better than being a hairy ape lol.

Hugs Cheryl xxxx

Lily13

Thanks Cheryl. I will look into all of this. Yeah I hate waxing too, but I feel it's a necessary thing as you said.... One day after I got a bath, I forgot to rinse the bathtub out and my husband was like..OMG look at all this hair in here. I told him, well better to be going down the drain than ON ME! hahahha ;D

I've thought about getting my bikini line done somewhere, but I'm too shy. ;)

amelie

Lily: I´ve had my bikini line done in a salon and it hurts like hell! LOL!!
But once you´ve done it, it´s so much better than shaving, you´ll want to do it again. What I do is, I go once about every 2 or 3 months and in the meantime I just pluck out the little hairs that are growing back. It´s a lot less painful that way.
Oh and don´t be shy about it, those girls are used to seeing anything. It seems there´s some women who even have their boobs waxed (Ouch!!).

Cheryl1989-1989

I have had mine done in a salon aswell and it was painful but it was a nice experience, i never felt nervous or un-easy when they actually got started, i was just a nervous wreck before it lol but i want to get electroliysis and get it gone completely, but its expensive and painfull as ive had it done on my chest and face a few year ago, well worth it though lol.

Hugs Cheryl xxxx

Cheryl1989-1989 said:
I have had mine done in a salon aswell and it was painful but it was a nice experience, i never felt nervous or un-easy when they actually got started, i was just a nervous wreck before it lol but i want to get electroliysis and get it gone completely, but its expensive and painfull as ive had it done on my chest and face a few year ago, well worth it though lol.

Hugs Cheryl xxxx

do u know whether electrolysis makes a woman infertile? cause i wanted to do it on my bikini but i have heard myths and now im scared :/

Cheryl1989-1989

I dont really know chick, i guess you would need to ask that at the clinic you have it done at, they tell you all the risks and complications before hand. When i had my chest and face done i was told about scarring and permenant sensitivity and so on but i had none of that. Just look into abit more but i havent really heard of anything like that.

Hugs Cheryl xxxx

Lily13

If I am ever in a position where I have extra cash lying around, I plan I getting electrolysis done too. I guess I'll take the risks involved...haha Oh the things we do for beauty! ;D

Cheryl1989-1989

It is quite expensive for the full course but well worth it, im the same as you if i get any spare money ill do it lol it is quite painfull though. Im a wimp when it comes to pain lol

Hugs Cheryl xxxx

amelie

Wow Cheryl, is that your pic? You look stunning!
I also kinda enjoy having my legs and bikini line waxed, except for the part when they pull the hairs out, lol. I don´t know why, it just makes me feel I´m becoming prettier and being pampered.

As for electrolysis and laser, I´m not sure, I always thought with electrolysis they burn the hair shaft so it won´t be able to grow hairs again. But it may be the same with laser, maybe someone else knows?

Cheryl1989-1989

Yeah i think the idea is the same, destroy the hair at the route so it dont come back, either way sounds good to me lol waxing is abit of a chore for me so the less hair the better ;D and Amelie i need all the help i can get at looking prettier so im with you on that one, getting pampered is brill ;D

Hugs cheryl xxxx