Dermawand Questions

D

Dixieland

Hey All,
I just read on another boobie website about Dermawand and then I went and watched the infomercial. Has anyone tried this? And if so, does it work? How fast do you see results? How often do you use it? It seemed kind of expensive, that's why I was wondering.
Thanks for getting back to me!
Dixieland :)

D

DeeDeeN

Hi

Yes I have a derma wand but I must admit I haven't used it in ages. It was originally my deceased
mothers. She used to use it regularly in conjunction with a face cream and it seemed to make a difference on her. Her face looked fresher and more rested and her skin was major soft.

Hope this helps.

S

sissy2345

Hi Dixie, where have you been? I mentioned the dermawand a while back on my wish list, if you try it, let me know how it works.

I posted to you on the stretchmark thread, did you continue using the SM Cure?

D

Dixieland

DeeDeeN and Sissy,
Sissy...LOL...I work full time and go to night school 3/4 time and my professors have unloaded on us this semester...and I took 12 credit hours this summer even though your not supposed to...my advisor thought I was crazy!!!

Thanks for the reply, I just wanted to know if it really gets rid of wrinkles like they claim. I don't want to get it, if all it does is puff up my skin...and make me look overweight. DeeDeeN did it work for you? Did you notice any tightening of the facial skin? I know someone talked about using it here on the boards but for the life of me, I can't find it!

No, Sissy I didn't continue with the SM cure, it keep breaking me out all over my belly so I still do the messages but not the skin cleanser part. It has helped with firming it up a small amount but nothing drastic. I will let you know if I get the Dermawand and if it really works. I just don't know, it costs alot of money!

Hugs to both of you!!!
Dixieland

D

DeeDeeN

Well Dixie, I honestly never used mine for that long but I will start up again tonight so that I can give you more feedback. How it seems to work is it creates a static charge when you put it on. It has different settings. If you have it on a high setting and you hold it a bit away from your face you can actually see the electrical spark charge thingie jumping to your skin - kind of like mini lightning to the ground. after using it your skin feels nice and tingly. You get the smell of gentle rain.

Will give more feedback on this as soon as I use it again (will start tonight).

Hugs
Debs

D

DeeDeeN

Hey Dixie

Sorry, I never had a chance to start using the dermawand again tonight, will start tomorrow morning and post.

Hugs
Debs

D

DeeDeeN

Okay, Derma Wand day 1 -

Put it on a low setting. Forgot how much it actually "shocks" a person in the beginning. Don't worry, your skin gets used to this and then you know its time for another setting. Eventually you don't feel it anymore. It doesn't hurt, it just gives a weird feeling. I kind of like it lol.

Done five minutes circular motions on each side of face. Slight (v: ery) red skin after. Used tissue oil (bio oil) as a moisturising base.

Resultng: skin feels soft and tingly.

will post day 2 tomorrow

Debs

cleo

Debs, this sounds very much like a facial treatment I had in a beauty salon a few months back. The beautician used it for about half an hour on my face on a low setting to start with. It felt fine until she got to one side of my forehead then boy did it sting, had tears pouring down my face, the other side was fine on the same setting. Weird eh! My skin looked nicely lifted for a few days afterwards but I was too lazy to go back for the full course of ten (this was just a trial session). It cost £10 per session so wasn't too extortionate either. They recommended an intense course of 10 sessions over about 5 or 6 weeks followed by regular monthly/6 weekly topups. Wish i wasn't so lazy and had stuck with it now. May give it another try. :-\

D

DeeDeeN

Yes, you are dead on correct. All the Derma wand is is a mini version of those machines they use in the salons.

Debs

D

Dixieland

Debs,
Your pic looks like you don't need any lifting...you have a beautiful face...
Dixieland

D

DeeDeeN

Thanks Dixie :) but I do get lines on my forehead and I have a bad dreaded frown line between my eyes (just above my nose). Most of my dads side of the family have this. It is just well hidden on my pic lol. I drink lots of water (well sometimes) and this helps my skin lots 2. I tend to get bad blackheads on my nose if I don't. I call these my strawberries cos they look like seeds on a strawberry on my nose :)

Huggles
Debs

P.S how old do I look on the pic? Just for interest sake cos my niece said something about me looking 18 which is ridiculous.

D

Dixieland

Debs,
I don't know, you look alittle older than my daughter, maybe 25 at most in that picture.....and if it a recent one....then don't use that dermawand on your beautiful skin! I don't want you ruining your complexion!
Hugs :)
Dixieland

S

sissy2345

Debs, have you ever tried Frownies for the lines between your eyes? I use them, they are incredible, you have to keep using them, and I'm not consistant, but I'm trying to prevent the very fine lines there from becoming prominent. Nobody can see them but me, but it's the one place on my face I worry about. I wish they could go in somehow without cutting, and make that muscle not function, like botox does. I don't think I'll ever get botox, but if they ever can disable that muscle that causes it by laser or something, I'd be first in line. No matter how good your skin looks, or how lifted your face remains....those lines can make you look aged and angry all the time.

D

DeeDeeN

Exactly Sissy, I wish for all those things 2! I even tried the botox, which is an utter waste of time. I use other plaster that works the same as frownies.

Dixie, thanks for all the compliments. I am 28 years old (28 and a half lol). U r very sweet.

Hugs
Debs

D

DeeDeeN

Hi All

Okay just an update. Been using the Dermawand for a few days nows. Nothing new to report except skin is a little tighter (slightly) and I got a few pimples on my nose lol.

Hugs
Debs

D

Dixieland

Debs,
Some of the reviews I read said something about it might cause a break out when you first start using it because it is cleaning/pulling the impurities out of the pores. Do you really think that it is tightening your skin? Not that your beautiful face needs any lifting at all! Does it hurt? The electrical impulses or whatever it does that causes the lifting effect? I want some laugh lines to disappear....I am beginning to look old in my face and I don't like it....I have bought several "wonder creams" but they never work like they claim, and the ones I bought were really expensive ones! I will stick with my Avon, I love the way it makes my skin feel, and it doesn't break me out or burn my tender skin. Oh and I started using the bio-oil on my belly again to give it a chance to heal my stretch marks. Do you know if the bio-oil would work for psoriasis/eczema? Just curious, have a friend that has it on his face really bad...little dry scaly patches, the doc gave him medicine but it doesn't work anymore.
Thanks for the update!
Hugs and Kisses :-*
Dixieland

D

DeeDeeN

Heya Dixie!

Jip it definately makes my skin feel a bit tighter after a few uses (BTW thanks for all the wonderfully sweet compliments you give me!). Nope, I won't say it hurts, it feels just like a light static electricity shock. Your skin gets used to it very fast though (thats when you go onto a higher setting). Yes, it is the "static schock" that does all the work. I use avon 2, and like silk.

I used to get very bad excema on my legs and arms (sometimes neck) as a child. Even now I still get
the odd re-occurance. Thats why the doctors (already back in my kiddie days) told me to use aqueous cream as a soap. I also use elocon cream / ointment (ointment is better), when the excema strikes. All that helps me. Haven't tried Bio Oil for that yet really.

My husband used to get bad dry scaly patches on his forehead between his eyes and then he started using the aqueous cream as a face cream after his shaves. The scales and dryness are all gone now.

Hugs
Debs

D

Dixieland

Debs,
Okay, I'm ordering one! I don't want extremely taught skin (that looks like I had a facelift or botox), just alittle would be great! I don't wear make-up b/c I don't like the way it makes my skin feel, except for mascara, b/c with age my long lashes have begun to lose their (very black) color and you can't see them all the way to the tips and they are not as fat as they used to be...most people don't guess me at the right age, they usually guess me way younger than what I truly am.
Which is nice. :D

Yes, his is all over his face and it drives him crazy! The itching part is what bothers him. I have been doing some surfing on the internet and what I have read says that the cortisone in the prescription sometimes stops working. Plus I am a natural/homeopathic person, so if I can find something that is "natural" that will work on his skin then I will tell him about it.

And you are more than welcome....I call it like I see it...You are very beautiful! ;D
Hugs and Kisses :-*
Dixieland

D

DeeDeeN

Hey Dixie!

Congrats! Hope you enjoy your Dermawand!

Remember to let him try the Aqueous cream. It does wonders.

Pls update me (us) once you start using the Dermawand.

Thanks again for being a sweetheart!!!!!!!

Huggies
Debs