Dermawand Questions

D

Dixieland

Debs,
I will as soon as I start using it....wish I could take a before pic...but don't have anyone to take one...I will try but it probably won't come out very well since I have such short arms! LOL!
Hugs
Dixieland

D

Dixieland

Debs,
Well, I've been using it about a week now, twice a day and people are already noticing a difference in my slight wrinkles disappearing! I haven't been using their creams and lotions, I have been using my own since my skin is soooo sensitive. I haven't gotten past 3 yet. But I love they way it feels!!! :eek:
Also, I bought some bio oil for my friend....his skin on his face looks fantastic! He said he actually likes the way it feels to, cause it soaks in so easily...so great news on both fronts! ;D But I will keep the Aqueous cream in the back of my mind just in case...
Hugs and Kisses :-*
Dixieland

Anastasia916

Dixie, are you sure he has psoriasis? I have it and it's not as you describe, but then again every case is different. I get it on the back of my knees normally during the summer. I have a cream that is prescribed that works instantly. As soon as I have a break out, I put it on, instantly the itch goes away and by the next day it's completely gone. I've used the same cream since I was little when I had my very first break out and back then it was worse and happened more often. I forget what the cream is called, when I get back home I can see the name of it and tell you. I have never heard of it being on someone's face though, that's crazy!

D

DeeDeeN

Heya Dixie!

So glad everything is working out so well! Don't forget to send some pics of how your skin is progressing.

Hugs
Debs

D

Dixieland

Anastasia,
That's what he called it....I don't know...he gets these awful dry scaly patches all over his face and neck...I don't know about other parts...lol! but they are quite itchy and dry looking and drive him absolutely insane! Yes, please let me know what the cream is that you use...

Debs,
Yes, I will try and get family to get some close ups of me during the holidays and try and post them on here....I can't believe what it has already done to my laugh lines around my eyes! All I can say is wow!!! I don't know about using it down there during the holidays though...I'll have to see if I can get any privacy for that as well as noogling! Yikes! no noogling...I don't know if I can handle that!
Oh, and I found that Aqueous cream on ebay...that is the only place I can find it...no one here in the US carries it??? ??? I don't understand why...though.

I won't have access to a computer while I'm gone...unless I go into my sisters house and we usually all just stay out at my mom's house...

Happy Thanksgiving to both of you! ;D
Dixieland

D

DeeDeeN

Dixie,

I too sometimes get the scaly dry patches behind my legs (knee) and on the inside of my arms and on my neck. My doctor used to brand it as a type of excema tho. Sometimes it even comes out on my hands. Hey prescribed elocon ointment and cream for it, it works virtually instantly but the down side is those contained cortisone. With time you skin becomes so thin and and you scar in a sense since that skin always stays very white in those places, in relation to the rest of your skin. So just be careful in telling him to stay away from cortisone.

Find out by your locally pharmacies about the aqueous cream or go here
http://askville.amazon.com/buy-aqueous-cream/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=1517710
you will find some info on where to get it in the US.

Anastasia,
pls send me the name of the ointment / cream, would love to try it.

Anastasia916

I don't think the cream I use has cortisone in it, but then again I'm not a Dr. and it is a prescription cream, you cannot buy it over the counter because it has a steroid in it (one of the reasons I think herbal BE didn't work for me, the steroid in the cream I use probably counteracts with it). It's not a strong steroid and it doesn't make me bulk up or angry or anything like that lol, plus I only have to use it maybe a few times a year. I believe the dry scally stuff is excema, my cousin has that and she used my cream before and it cleared it up. Then she went to her dr and got a prescription for it. The type of psoriasis I have is where I get this big red rash behind my knees, as a child I got it on my lower tummy and on the fold of my elbows (on the inside) pretty much anywhere sweat was the majority of the time. The rash is red, and I wouldn't say dry cause when you touch it it has this moisture coming from it, I guess the puss? And when you itch it, it burns like you are on fire, but if you don't itch it, it itches worse than ant bites, chicken pox, etc. if you ever had any of those. And I had one of the worst cases of chicken pox in the history of my home state when I had it at I believe 9. And the psoriasis itch is worse than that. So it's like you have the urge to scratch it, but as soon as you do, you are in so much pain, and it will start to bleed as well. How my dr described it is your skin is thinning while you have an outbreak, so pretty much it IS burning your skin off! Then when you scratch, there isn't much skin so it bleeds. The cream I use never thinned out my skin, never made it white or any of that. Now my cousin with excema, her elbows are permanently white and she is hispanic, well she's half white half peurto rican, but she is naturally very dark. And her elbows are whiter than me, that was from letting her excema go untreated for long periods of time and using other creams that bleached her skin as you are talking about. The next time I have an outbreak, I'll let it go a few hours before I treat it so it shows up better and I'll take pics to show you what psoriasis looks like. But anyways, I forgot I did pack the cream in my son's suitcase, and the name of it is... Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream USP, 0.1%

I get big tubes of it when prescribed it, and before I met my hubby I had shitty health insurance and had to pay for some prescriptions, this was one of them, and my son also has the same psoriasis I do (it's genetic) and he was prescribed the same exact cream, but when they give it to him it is the same price as mine, but his tube is very tiny, and mine is 80 grams. So I just would get it for myself and use it on us both. A tube lasts me a few years, I normally end up throwing it out due to expiration before I get to use it all. The tube I have right now I've had for 2 or maybe 3 years and it expires in Oct. of next year. It is really a good cream, never had any bad side effects. My break out is always gone within a day with it, without it it spreads and spreads and doesn't stop. The longest I had to go without treating it was 3 days and it covered half my leg it had spread so much. The good thing about it is, someone else can touch it and not catch it, it's not contagious, and if I'm broke out on lets say the back of my knee and I scratch it then scratch my arm, it won't spread to my arm or anything. It will typically stay in it's location, it just spreads bigger, but doesn't show up in a new location it's never been. I've never had it on my face, or genital area, thank goodness, only legs, tummy, and arms. Hope this helps.

D

DeeDeeN

Thanks Anastasia, that was such a good description. Sounds exactly like what I get. Do you find that when you stress you get breakouts? Mine seems to come with avengence when I stress.

The Elocon cream and ointments are schedule 3 or 4 prescription treatments aswell, but the stuff you use sounds amazing. Will definately ask the doc bout that when I need again.

Hugs
Debs

Anastasia916

No doesn't come from stress, just from extreme heat and sweat. If the area sweats alot and stays that way too long I get a breakout. Sometimes I get a breakout just once a year, just the way it works I suppose.

D

Dixieland

Hello Ladies,
Well he must have eczema then because his gets red but not weeping or anything like that, well not that I have ever seen, but I've never been with him on a daily basis. I went to that site Debs, and the shipping is horrible! I will end up paying like 12.00 (US dollars) and the cream is less than 5.00! No one in the US carries it that I can find, so I guess I will order it from there. Does he have to use it every day or can he just use it when he has a breakout? I thank God that I was born with great skin and that my parents did not pass anything like that down to me. I understand that it is very painful, and I cannot imagine because I have had chicken pox, and have been bitten by fire ants....OMG! The prescription he had was one with Cortisone in it and it stopped working so we are on a quest to find something that will not stop working (something natural), if that makes any sense at all.
hugs
Dixieland

D

DeeDeeN

Hi
Yes he should use it everyday as a soap (a little goes a loooong way so don't worry).

African potato cream is excellent for exzema (only heard of it recently).

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/17048816/The_Miracle_Healer_AFRICAN_POTATO_CREAM.html

follow that link, see if bid or buy ships internationally, if not register and then send the seller a message (by ask seller question) asking if he or she would be prepared to ship to you etc.

Great thing about this is that here in South Africa our currency is much weaker than the pound or dollar (we work in rands), so buying from sellers on bid or buy will be so much cheaper for you

Hugs
Debs

D

DeeDeeN

Btw, if you are still looking for aqueous cream, here is an online South African shop that might ship to you, just go to contact details section to find e-mail addresses (then e-mail them and ask).

www.peppina.co.za

You will find all the aqueous creams under skin conditions section. They start at R7 which is less than one british pound.

hUGS dEBS

D

Dixieland

Debs,
I found it on e-bay really cheap but cannot find out how much the shipping is so I e-mailed them. Waiting for a reply. Is 500G a good sized tub? Just wondering.
Hugs and Kisses
Dixieland

D

DeeDeeN

Yes I would say 500g is a good size. The tubs I used to buy where like 250g.

What did you decide to go with? The aqueous cream or the potato cream?

Debs

D

Dixieland

Debs,
If they ever get back to me, I want to get the aqueous cream. Sorry I haven't been on here...I have been having finals for a couple weeks now and studying complete books takes a lot of time...lol!
Hugs
Dixieland

D

DeeDeeN

Hey Dixie

Hope you had a great xmas. Haven't been on lately either, 2 busy with family etc.

hugs
Debs

D

Dixieland

Debs,
Just got home from Christmas with my family (or at least part of it) had a great time with my mom and my sister and her family...especially my niece ;D
Hope yours was good too! :)
Dixieland

D

DeeDeeN

Hi Dixie,

Glad to hear you had a good time. I still have family here, not sure when they leaving tho lol. Had
a very quiet xmas this year. Was nice tho.

Huggles
Debs