Lash grow progress

Z

Zenity

I have put together some pics to compare my progress,

All what I have used have been a mix of few drops of Lumigan, castor oil and other enhancing products. I haven't been really constant 'cause I got ill, but still results show!

Attachments

• Progreso pestañas 2.jpg
    Progreso pestañas 2.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 295
S

sissy2345

Great results. Thanks for posting. Can you give more details, like your exact recipe? Does it have to be done continuously or like every few months as the hair cycles? Your lashes look like they have perfect mascara on them, I bet they are fabulous when you do put it on.

Z

Zenity

sissy2345

I haven't post the exact recipe 'cause I really haven't follow any.

I started usin Lumigan on June, but got sick, and really forgot entirely about using it day and night, so instead I got few ingredients I have at home as:

Castor oil

Abeñula blanca (I doubt you can find this product out of my country, but it is an old granma formula for conditioning lashes)

Canmake eyelash essence (another conditioner)

And few drops of Lumigan (can't remember exactly how many)

I mixed all the ingredients, make a batch and place it inside an eyeliner container, previously cleaned and boiled.

I applied the mixture every other day, or when I remember.... Sometimes I would just put lumigan at night and abeñula... some days i would just put the canmake as a day conditioner mascara, and most of them the mix every night I would remember.
That's it, not a magic formula

S

sissy2345

My lashes are kinda naturally thick and long, and used to be dark. Last couple of years I noticed they are getting lighter. I heard about the side effects of Latisse, and decided it would not be worth it, but if you have used a milder version and still had results, I might look into it. Thank you.

Z

Zenity

Oh! and not following any hair cycle or whatever... just doing it when I remember and just lately a bit more often as I noticed the grow and got excited about it.

I never wear make up, but did put mascara on, like a week ago, and everyone told me about my fake-looking eyelashes.

Then is when I realized I "did something"

Z

Zenity

Yes, same here. I did read a lot about latisse/Lumigan and decided to try it just for fun, but watching carefully any side effect.
When I first got it was by may, but didn't use it until June. As I was not very constant with it, I figured it would do nothing to my lashes and before throwing it at the garbage took the chance to mix it with other ingredients that were acumulating dust at my cabinets. Now I am glad I did it! No side effects to me, just longer and darker lashes but not thicker.

S

sissy2345

Last question promise.....Did you notice any darkening of the iris or eyelid? Mine are brown already, but I like them the way they are. Thanks.

Z

Zenity

Nope. As you can see mines are brown, but no darkening at all. Have to say that when I have been applying the product containing the lumingan, I did it just at my upper eyelashes and just at the line were they grow, trying to not to touch my skin either, just in case....

T

tavia

hi nadir,

lovely lashes,
i use the generic active ingredient that is in lumigan its called bimatoprost its a lot cheaper just buying the active ingredient.when u buy lumigan, you are sort of paying for the name, thats y its more expensive
i squezze my eyedrops in to an old revita lash tube, and it lasts 4 ages,
1nce i get my lases to the lengh i want, i then just use it like 3 times a week, and rub pure vit e oil on my eyes and lashes every night, to condition the so they dont shed
no side effects at all.
BUT when i was using revita lash a few years ago, i ended up with really dark marks under my eyes (was horrible), but using the formula on its own i havnt had any side effects, its perfect.
this stuff is great,

Z

Zenity

TT,

At my country I can get Lumigan from the social security and is about 10 bucks.

When I was researching Lumigan I remember it was said to apply only at your eyelashes line not at the lenght to avoid product spreading on your lids, hence the darkening. Also it was said your eyelashes would get dry and bristle.

That is why I put all the ingredients together and, yet has worked for me. And believe me, the amount of Lumigan used was just few drops.

I really like he abeñula blanca for conditioning your eyelashes. It makes your white brighter and whiter and your lashes so nourished!

T

tavia

hello,

yeah i only ever applyed it to my lash roots never the whole lash.
i suppose it must of been some extra ingredient in the revita lash that caused the darkening to happen so quick.

but now i make sure i have my vit e all around the eye and try and put some on my lashes for nourisment.

infact i really need to order dome more....

think ill google abeñula blanca never heard of that b4 ;) ;D

Z

Zenity

I hope you can find some info in english. If not just let me know and will try to translate it for you. ;)

----------------------------

ETA: Never mind here is the link of their website in english:

http://www.nicolich.com/index2.htm

cleo

Great lashes Nadir, very impressive. Had my lashes tinted this week and the difference is amazing so I'm determined now to find something to get them thicker and darker again as they have definitely gone lighter over the years, although they are still quite long.

TT where do you get your Bimatoprost from and how much do you pay?

Z

Zenity

Cleo

I do tint my lashes too. I use 1000 hours lash tint. I think I posted something about it on another thread.
My natural eyelashes are not short. Indeed the upper ones are as long as the lower ones, wich has always caught the attention of all the makeup artists I have work with. However, they have never been thick, and latelly they were thinner than ever. Could have been 'cause I went to an hepatitis A this summer and got really ill.

I have tried this to see how thick they could become. Not much.... just longer and darker, but that could be 'cause the tint as well. At least they are not thinner! ;D

I am now only on the abeñula and the castor oil regime. I like to give things a break so my body doesn't get used to whatever I am putting on.

T

tavia

having a break is a good idea,
i dont use it often now, because my lashes are very long and i dont wanna over do it, plus i dont want them getting dry or shedding (i heard they can shed if u use it to much after u get the lengh u want)

cleo,
ive gotta buy some more soon aswell, i think i will get my lashes tinted aswell, i got them done 1nce b4 in a salon but i dont think she did it right, because my lashes were not different in colour,

cleo

Just saw an advert on TV for a new eyelash gel to promote growth by L'Oreal, so you can get it over the counter. Might have a look tomorrow see if i can get it locally and if its not too expensive I'll give it a go.

cleo

Well a friend picked up the Renewal Lash Serum by L'Oreal for me. For those in the UK its on offer at the moment at Boots for just £7.76. Definitely worth a try for that price! It does not come with any instructions and not much info online about it at the moment as its a relatively new product. Found a bit of info that said to apply to eyelash root and length before applying your mascara, than again at night before bed. I'll give it a go anyway and see what happens. :)