Lash grow progress

Anastasia916

Nadir, I forgot what thread it was on, but I remember you posted a link to that dye for the eyelashes and eyebrows...well I always use the leftovers from dying my hair to do my eyebrows, when I go darker than my natural color. So I decided to try to use some black dye I had that was collecting dust on my eyelashes. I put vaseline under my lower lashes, then on my eyelid so the dye wouldn't dye my skin. Then I used a eyelash brush I had out of a make up brush set I have, I mixed a little in a small dish, dipped the brush in it and applied the dye like I would mascara, I left the dye on I think about 10 min, and washed it off gently with soap and water. And they turned out perfect! I don't even have to put on mascara now, just had to use an eyelash curler. Do you know how often you are suppose to dye them to maintain them? I have a whole tube of dye so should last a long time. I only had to use very little. I know with my eyebrows I only have to redye them maybe every 4 months, sometimes longer, but I'm not sure what the growth cycle of eyelashes are.

By the way ladies, I do not suggest you do what I did unless you have experience with dying your eyebrows and mixing dyes correctly. I've been dying my own hair and others hair for years and my aunt is a beautician, she taught me what I know. Using dye that close to your eye should only be done by a professional, if the dye gets in your eye it could cause BLINDNESS!!!

I can post some pics of my eyelashes without makeup on if need be.

D

Dixieland

Anastasia,
Where do you get black "tube" dye at? Never seen it. I dye my own hair...but I always go blond...lol!
Hugs and Kisses :-*
Dixieland

Anastasia916

By going blonde do you use bleach? Do you buy the box kits in stores or do you go to an actual salon supply store and buy everything individually? There are many ways to go blonde so you have to be more specific. The way I use to do it was I used bleach, I bought a big thing of bleach powder and a developer, I'd mix them as they needed to be then put them on my hair for processing time. Then the next day after bleaching I would put a toner on my hair to give it a nice tone. Now some people get tube dye or liquid dye for blonding, which would give you the tone and all in one, but it won't get you as blonde as I use to go lol. Have you ever dyed your eyebrows? Or ever went any other color besides blonde?

By "tube" I mean it's a cream dye which comes in a tube. Liquid dye comes in a bottle. I prefer cream dyes because they aren't so watery when mixing with a developer and applying. Also they tend to condition and protect the hair better. Everything I buy is from a salon supply store or site. So I buy everything individually and mix them. If you don't know how to mix dyes right then I wouldn't recommend doing it. And again, using dyes near the eyes, eyebrows or eyelashes is dangerous.

D

Dixieland

Anastasia,
My original birth hair color is dark brown/black....I buy the kits in the store. I have never dyed my eyebrows or anything besides the hair on top of my head...it is a little hard since my hair grows really fast...to keep up with the maintenance of the blonde b/c of my dark roots showing so quickly...but it's worth it. I wouldn't know how to mix it myself...although it would probably be much cheaper! I started out just streaking my hair, then it just got to be more blond than black...so I went completely blond..(long story) anyhow, I would just like to have my eyelashes dark again...they are really long and pretty, but have lost most of their color due to age and using mascara for so many years...lol! But that is all I wear...don't like anything else on my face...
Dixieland

Anastasia916

Oh yes, if you could mix the dye yourself, it would be ALOT cheaper. Store bought kits are about $8 to $12, a salon visit can be over a $100, and the cheapest you could go for quality to get your hair dyed would probably be about $30 just for the roots! But if you bought each thing individually and mixed only the amount needed for maintenance, then each session would probably come out to at most $5. I'm only estimating. Going to a salon you are only paying for their labor and work basically, the product they use on each person, comes out to a few bucks. And when buying the kits, they normally have more product than needed for just roots, and you are paying for the name. I buy top of the line hair dye, I go with Goldwell for the brown on my hair now, and the pink I had, for bleach I go with Wella. It is really hard to find salons that use those products, the ones that do are high end and charge and arm and a leg. But since I buy it myself and do my own hair, I buy a tube of dye by Goldwell which is $13, and a big bottle of developer which is $10, so $23, and that one tube lasts at least 3 dying sessions, and I only have to redo it every 3 to 4 months. The color doesn't fade like others do. So divide 23 by 3 and that's the most I pay for my hair every few months. And it's the best dye there is. Also the developer from goldwell lasts through about 3 to 4 tubes of dye, so about 9 to 12 dying sessions of the entire head. Now with Wella...I got a big thing of powder for $25 and a big thing of developer (bigger than the goldwell developer) for $15, ok so about $40, and when I was a platinum blonde and bleaching my hair, I used that product a total of 6 times, for my entire head twice, then touch ups, and I also did someone else's hair 3 times, and I just took the bottles out of my cabinet (I still have them in case I want to blonde anything) and I still have a 1/4 of the powder left and 1/2 of the developer left, so I did 9 processes and still have plenty left, so you see what I'm saying that each process is very little money. I could tell you how to mix things properly and do the processes, but you would be risking it in case you did something wrong. Wella bleach can be bought at Sally's beauty supply in the states. Now goldwell hair dye (if you planned to go any other color) can only be bought at professional stores where you need a cosmetology license to buy it, or I know sites where you can buy it without one, but again you're risking your own hair. Now the black I used on my eyelashes is called jet black from the Ion brand, it can be bought at Sally's as well, I originally got the black cause I was going to do streaks in my hair with it when my hair was blonde and pink. (the pink I had and still have is from Goldwell and was permanent) Ion is a good brand for dark colors like black, but I would only get the cream dye, not the liquid and you can either get the ion developer to use with it, or the sally's brand works just as well, which is called salon care. Oh and same with the wella bleach, you can get the wella "wellite" bleach powder and either get the wella developer or the salon care developer, they both are good and work the same. With developer when going from a darker color to a lighter color you need a higher level of developer, when bleaching dark brown to black hair I use a 40 volume developer. When you are going from a light color to a darker color you need a lower volume. The higher volumes take pigment away, the lower volume add pigment to the hair, that's the best way I can explain it. For example, when I dye my hair the brown I use, since the color was bleach blonde prior, I used a 10 volume. Now if you're going from a dark brown to a lighter brown you wouldn't need a 40, you could use a 30 or 20 and be fine. Confused yet? lol. Now with a cream dye you generally mix one part cream dye to one part developer, and you just mix what you are going to use for the process. You have to make sure you mix it very well though. With a bleaching, you mix one part powder to one part developer as well, but like with mixing cake mix...when mixing the dry part with the wet, you are going to have lumps, you have to mix it for a WHILE until you get a smooth consistency. And if you have been mixing a while and it's still lumpy, just add a little more developer. Now, like I said, dying near your eyes is dangerous, so if you are going to do it, be extremely precautious. For eyebrows, I normally use the left overs after doing my hair, or I mix a very small amount, I then use Q-tips and apply it carefully to the entire eyebrow, after 10 to 15 min wash it off with a warm damp wash cloth and soapy water, then I jump in the shower. For the eyelashes, what I did was I used a brush I have that is for eyelashes, the same brush that is in mascara. I mixed a small amount of black dye, rolled the brush in it and applied it like mascara, left it on for about 10 min and very carefully, with the eye closed, wiped a wash cloth with warm water on it over the lashes pulling downward. I did that until it came completely clean, then I took a shower and washed my face thoroughly. Oh, before I used the dye on my lashes, I put vaseline under the eye right under the lash line and did the same on the top eyelids and applied it all the way up to my eyebrows, as if you are putting on a cream eye shadow, so that the dye wouldn't come off my lashes and dye the skin around my eyes. The fumes from the dye did irritate my eye, just like bleach does when I clean or onions do when I cut them. You just have to make sure to close your eye when that happens, but don't rub, and try not to let the eyes water or you could get dye in your eye or on the rest of your face. In the new pic I uploaded on here I'm not wearing mascara, only eyeshadow, face makeup and lipstick. Just to give you an idea of how it turned out.

So do you like being blonde better than black/brown?

D

Dixieland

Anastasia,
Wow! Thanks...yes, that does sound somewhat complicated...LOL! When I buy the kits, I usually only use half the kit to do my roots...and like I said, I started out just with streaks of blond...and then it slowly became more blond than dark...and I liked it and got so many compliments! (Except for the x) Sometimes I add carmel colored highlights throughout my hair to tone it down alittle...hehehe! Yes, I like being blond more so than brown/black....the dark color washed me out and I always looked pale and sick (even when I was tanned from summer), with blond I don't...I have light hazel eyes which may have something to do with it as well. Probably because I do not put anything on my face except my face lotion. I don't wear any make-up except for mascara and a small mark of eyeliner. I will never be daring enough to do colors in my hair (pink,blue, etc)...I would probably get fired if I did that...LOL! I pay about $7-10 dollars for my kits at Wal-Marts and I usually can get two root dyings out of a kit...is that bad? I would love to go to Sally's and buy that stuff and have you walk me through it though, because that would save me tons of money!!! I don't know if I'm brave enough to try dying my lashes though...that sounds kind of scary and I really like having my eyesight...wonder how much it costs to have a salon do it? I don't even know if any of them do it around here...I'm in a somewhat small community. But that would be great if I didn't have to put on mascara all the time! ;D
Dixieland

Anastasia916

I'm from GA and lived in AL for a while, so I know how small country towns can be. If there is a big city near by they probably have salons that do it. My aunt who worked in a salon, the salon she worked in charged $10 to do the eyebrows and eyelashes. They don't have to use much dye, so basically you are paying for the time, which isn't much either lol. And I've been about every color there is except for black, silver, and green, those are the only colors my hair hasn't been lol. Going black is a big step because it's extremely hard to go lighter from there. That's why the darkest I've been is a medium brown, like now. Right now it's called Chestnut, which is a medium golden brown. I have a light skin tone when not tan, so I know how the "washing out" can be. If I don't go for a golden brown, then I get washed out. If you go brown, get a golden undertone as it will make you look tan. The darker browns and the redish browns washed me out. And yes I've been red before, hated it. I've been all shades of blonde, all shades except dark shades of brown, I went a deep red once, then lightened it to a medium red, still didn't like it, I've been pink, purple, blue, orange, yellow, lol basically the rainbow. Most of the wild colors I did were semi permanents and washed out in a few weeks, the pink was the only permanent one I did, and had it for about a year. I like the brown it is right now, so probably going to keep it this color for a year at least. And I've done highlights before and after a while it ends up all over the hair, that's because you are using a cap and hook, right? If you do foil highlights, then you just redo the new growth, and with foils you can control how big each highlight is, how many you have and where they are. But I could never do foils on myself lol, have to get someone else to do them, that's why I trained my hubby on the art of hair dying :D he helps me do the things I need another pair of eyes and hands for. I also cut his hair and my son's hair so. I can do a mean buzz cut lol but as far as any other type of cuts, not so good at. I'm good with chemical treatments. Since you do box kits, what brand is it? And what color does it say it is? Before you mix the two things together in the box, is there a powder and a liquid, a cream and a liquid or two liquids? And yes, it's find to mix half the product and use the other another time. But you can definitely buy things in bulk and save more money. That's what I do, but then I end up changing my color and end up with tons of bleach, or dye left in my cabinets lol. Right now I have bleach powder, 4 different developers, 2 different brown dyes (the color I have now, chestnut, and a light golden brown), I still have the pink dye (the permanent one), I have a little left over blue (I do my son's tips during the summer with it, his hair is medium brown and it lasts 2 weeks then I cut it out), and I have the small tube of black. So I have quite the collection lol. I'm thinking about buying some of those clip in hair pieces and dying them the different colors and whenever I want some of that color in, I can clip it in lol. I seem to get compliments no matter what color my hair is lol. I don't think it's your hair as much as it is your confidence, if you feel you look better with a certain cut or color, then it's going to show more in your confidence. When I was all pink, I got alot of compliments and "where did you get your hair done?" lol, I also got a few nasty looks from stuck up people and people whispering to each other "did you see that girls hair?" when they do that I turn around and say "yea, did you see it?" lol I'm a bit of a smart ass. The fondest memory I have with the pink is I went out to eat with my family and this guy complimented me on it, and with a smirk asked if it was natural, lol I said yes, it's my real hair color, is that your natural hair too? he said "nah, it's normally green, I dye it like this so no one thinks I'm an alien" then he asked me if he could rock the pink, if it would look good. I said well I could send you some dye and you can dye it and find out lol. And the town I was in had a big gay community, so he said, nah, then I'd get hit on more than I do now by the guys around here lol. Where I'm from you don't often see people with wild colored hair walking around lol. Most everyone is cookie cutter, I never have been lol.

And here I go rambling again lol. Well if you need to know anything else, just ask.

D

Dixieland

Anastasia,
I like your new color! ;D The brand I use is Loreal, and yes it comes with a cap but since I do it all over now, I don't use the cap...just the wand...it's the only one that really blonds my hair out...everything else tends to give me an orangy color and tone....not very becoming...hehehe! Yes, when I get ready to go to the city that has a sally's I'll contact you to get a list of what I need and directions...lol! I am willing to try it...has to be cheaper than what I'm doing I guess.
Thanks;
Dixieland

Anastasia916

ty wannabecee, and dixie, if you are using loreal and getting good results with it, it's probably best you stick with it, sally's sells loreal products, and you can buy them in bulk as well and mix what you need, anyone that works at a sally's (at least the manager) has cosmetology experience, so when in doubt, ask them! Most of the workers there are in cosmetology school, or have general knowledge like I do, the manager typically finished cosmetology school. When I don't know something, I use to ask the manager, who finished cosmetology school, and was trying to get a business loan to open his own salon. If you go with Loreal, when I was blonde (before I went platinum blonde, I was a golden medium blonde) I used Loreal's mega blondes, they sell it at sally's you will need the mega blonde color of your choice liquid or cream color and their developer, and typically it's mixed the way I said before, but you can read the bottles and be sure. If you no longer use a cap, sally's has mixing bowls and applicators you can buy, you just wash them after each time and reuse them.

D

Dixieland

Anastasia,
Yes, mine comes with powder and liquid in the kit it's frost and glow kit if that helps, I just use half of each and save the other half for the next time. I think it costs me around 7-9 dollars per kit, so it's only costing me half that cause I do my roots about every 1.5 months, cause my hair grows so fast...lol! and black roots with extreme blond hair looks funny! I will check at Sally's next time I go to the city to go to Sam's. Sometimes when they are out I buy the Revlon brand of the same thing...frosting kit...It does the same thing. I have several different tools that have come in various kits over the years to apply it...I just wash them up and reuse them. I'm getting quite a few caps though...cause I don't use them anymore. I usually give them to my girlfriend b/c she does her moms hair.
Dixieland

Anastasia916

Oh, ok, if it's a frosting kit, then it is just like the wella bleach I told you about, I was under the impression it was something different when you said loreal. Loreal feria or however it's spelled is also good and sally's has that as well, like I said just ask someone there what you should get. And I bet when your roots grow out you look like Shakira does when hers aren't bleached yet! lol

wannabecee

I'm a medium ash blond and anytime i wanted to go blonder (like you had, Anastasia - that beautiful cool light blond color), I'd get goldeny blonde that would go brassy by the next shampoo. I used to use l'oreal excellence blonde supreme in the lightest color w purple drops and all that. never could get that light. so i envy you two for getting there!

So you would use the highlighting kit on the entire head and then just touch up the roots as they grow? would your hair break if you redid a part that was bleached before? Does it hurt? Some of those strong peroxides can make the scalp really tingle...

Anastasia916

wannabe, I'm not sure if you were talking to me or dixie on asking if I used a kit, I don't use store bought kits, I use what salons use. I'm going to upload a pic I have where my hair is platinum blonde and hot pink underneath, this is when I was using the wella bleach, just to give you an idea, my natural hair color is a light brown, during the summer and in the sun it turns medium blonde, I used the wella bleach powder and a 30 volume developer, for darker hair like dark brown or black I'd recommend the 40 volume, and you will need to leave the bleach on at least 30 min, but you can look at the hair and monitor how blonde you want it, the max you should leave bleach on is 45 min. I left it on my hair for 15 to 20 min and it got as light as it is in the pics. As far as it effecting the scalp, loreal products messed with my scalp, so did the store bought kits, but wella bleach doesn't do that to me. And when I needed to do my roots, I would just mix enough needed to do the roots and I would use an applicator brush and only brush it on the roots, how you do this is you part the hair in sections and keep parting the hair doing only the roots until the entire head is done. Kind of the same way you part it when straightening with a flat iron or curling the entire head with small rollers or a curling iron.

Oh also, bleaching your roots is bleaching new virgin hair, so it won't make your hair break off as long as you don't bleach parts already bleached more than once. You can bleach already bleached hair after about 4 months and be okay, I did that to get the pink out of my hair and it was fine. But I also have pretty strong hair, it's been through alot with me lol. I have a different color about every year.

Attachments

• ana3452.jpg
    ana3452.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 169
  • 12 ana.jpg
    12 ana.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 170

wannabecee

THanks Anastasia for the info!

You look gorgeous. I love the pink underneath! I wish I could do that too. maybe if i were 20 years younger i could. :p

I was wondering ...do you think I could add a little bit of the bleach powder to my usual blond box hair color and have that lift me a little bit? It would be tough to go totally platinum now since my hair has been colored (30 vol peroxide) before...

xx
wannabecee

btw I can see how you were a model before. You look sooooooooooo different w different haircuts/color and yet always look great!!

Anastasia916

Thanks, and as far as adding the powder to a cream or liquid color, umm...that would chance many things. I've never done that and have no idea what effects it would have, so I would have to say no. You can just do your roots for now with what you're using, then in a few months after the hair has had time to recoup, do a deep conditioning treatment prior and then go platinum blonde and do a treatment after, or you can always go to a salon and see what they can do or what they suggest.

D

Dixieland

wannabecee,
Yes, I use the kits, but I don't color my whole head, just the roots, unless I want to have some sections lighter than others, then I put on small strips all over my head for the last 10 minutes or so...It gives me more tones to work with...sometimes I use caramel or some light color of brown that will compliment it and do lowlights. It has been bleached to harshly to use darker shades like my original. Like Anastasia said, I don't touch my scalp (or at least I try not to) because the bleach/peroxide is so harsh...it will mess up your scalp and make sores on your skin...although I have in spots and came out with a bleached scalp before...LOL! That doesn't look so cool! The regular kits that you buy for all over just turn my hair orange...they aren't strong enough but the frosting kits that I buy (Loreal and Revlon) are strong enough to take my color down to blond. Yes, if you use it all over it would definitely break your hair from overprocessing...that is why I just do my roots...my hair grows so fast that I have to do my roots about every 4 weeks. Apparently I have alot of dead cells, because that is what your hair and nails are made from...and my nails grow really fast too, always has (I'm ass backwards because most women's grow like gangbusters when they are pregnant, mine did not grow hardly at all when I was pregnant). But I like them long....they are about 1/2 inch right now, which is just a tad too long because of all the typing I do on homework. Oh, also I agree with Anastasia, I wouldn't mix them together...if you want to go blonder by the kit or the one made specifically for dark hair that makes you platinum. Don't mix the products...to dangerous with that many chemicals. :eek:

Anastasia,
I absolutely loved the way you had pink underneath! How awesome! :D I could never do that because of the field of work that I am in, but I can dream! I read your other post...good luck with your son! I pray it turns out that he isn't, but if he is, there are lots of organizations out there now that wasn't there a few years ago, that will be able to help you. I know you said you already had family that had this, but it is different when it is your own baby. When they thought something was wrong with my son many years ago...there wasn't much out there in the way of support, but today there is...I have many organizations bookmarked that I give my parents...if you would like some of them, let me know. :)

Dixieland

Anastasia916

Oh, I know there was barely anything for autism back in the early 90's when my little sister was first diagnosed. She also had to fly to other states to get help, the only reason I have to fly is because this is just a base, and they have general doctors here but not specialists. If I were back in my home state I'm sure there would be specialists there. I plan on taking psychology and specializing for autism. We are looking into some grants and things for me to do that. Before I got married I applied for a student loan and was going to go to school that following fall...but I met my hubby and we got married, so my plans changed. But since he is in the military we are looking into what help I can get for school before I go and get a loan or something. I've always wanted to either get into performing, like singing and dancing, which use to be my passion before life happened, but other than that my interest is psychology and helping handicapped children. I've always wanted to become a specialist for autism, after I seen what my sister went through. Heck, who knows, since my life is starting to calm down a bit, I might start making music and studying psychology. Who says you can't be a singer and a doctor? I really miss singing, I haven't been on a stage for singing since I was 16. I also use to be in dance, I was in tap and ballet from 3 till 9, then I got into ballroom, latina, and hip hop. I had to stop all that at 15, when I had to get a full time job, ended up having to drop out of school at 16. Got my GED though. Hopefully soon I'll be able to start doing something with at least one of my passions. But here I go babbling lol. Oh, and as far as the blonde with pink underneath, I was working in a bakery, I'm a cake decorator, so they don't care cause you're in the back with a hair net on lol. And I had it like that for about a year, then I dyed it all over pink. Well it was multitonal pink, cause I did it in strips and there were some darker pink and some lighter pink. When I got to the base here, no bakery, so the only job I was qualified to do was a desk clerk at the vet, so I dyed my hair a natural color, the brown, ended up not getting the job, but eh, I didn't mind the change anyway. A few people around here found out I'm a cake decorator, and as soon as I get my baking pans that I need, and other supplies, I'm going to start doing cakes from my home. Might start doing portraits as well (I paint and draw). And a couple of people who have dogs don't have time to walk them, so going to start doing dog walking as well, yep I'm a busy person lol. So much to do and so little time! Good thing I noogle while doing other things or I'd never have time to do that! Oh, and you said when the bleach hits your scalp that it causes sores...that is because it's a store bought kit, it's not as easy on the hair as the stuff I recommended. The wella bleach I told you about, when I had my hair blonde, I would rub it in on my scalp, never any sores. But if I use Loreal bleach or store bought kits, I get sores. So definitely depends on the product.

D

Dixieland

Anastasia,
Is your sister older or younger than you? I have worked with a few Autistic children in the last several years, I be no means am an expert though. They are learning more and more about the spectrum and the many different directions that it can (and does) go, so it's an ongoing learning experience. I haven't met two that are alike in all my years in the system. That's really great that you got your GED, I am very proud of you! That is a feat within itself, I tutor adults for the GED and it isn't a very easy test to pass. I've also been kicking around the idea of tutoring ESL adults, we need something like that in the town that I live in. Just biding my time until I have enough to spare to start something like that. I also think that you can do whatever you want to do, you can be a doctor and a singer...although the two usually are not very cohesive together b/c of the long hours that both careers require. Psychology is a great degree, just make sure you are willing to go and get your masters, because it isn't worth much without it, about the only thing you can do with a four year psychology degree is be a counselor under a Psychologist/Psychiatrist or work as a social worker. The only reason I know this is b/c of my daughter.
I've never had a sore from my kits (knock on wood), only because I am very careful with them. I don't want scars on my head...LOL! but I have had it touch my scalp on the top and it bleaches my skin as well as my hair.
Dixieland

Anastasia916

My sister is 5 years younger than me, I pretty much raised her. At 5 years old I was changing diapers making bottles giving her baths and putting her to bed with me after school. Main reason I had to take care of her was because my biological mother was a drug and alcohol addict at the time, and she was always high, drunk or out doing whatever to get the money for the two. My aunt and uncle that lived with us were the same, except with only drugs, so they were either high or out dealing drugs to make money to keep their supply. And my adoptive mother was working nonstop to cover bills. So, though my sister was left in the care of these 3 adults, they were in no state of taking care of her. I took care of her until my real mother went through rehab, became clean, then I started showing her how to take care of her (my mother is mildly autistic and has no motherly instincts, hints why I'm adopted by my adoptive grandmother, confusing I know). Then after she became sober, shortly after she met her husband, he is a wonderful man, he took on marrying her, taking care of my sister, and unconditionally loves them. The world needs more people like that. Cause even when someone is handicapped they still feel, and still want to feel loved just as anyone does. And when I was in highschool I had a 3.7 GPA, I was in the top 10 of my class, and that was with working and going to school, falling asleep in classes because of lack of sleep. So the week I had to quit school, I also went to get my GED the same week, I passed it without any prior GED classes, and I got one of the top scores for the test in my state, I believe my score was the second highest, the highest was from a woman who was 50 something when she took her test. She had a rough life and she wanted to get a diploma before she died, as she had cancer. And she has the top score in my home state. I actually went to the education facility for the classes for the GED to see if I needed classes, I took their test that determines your intelligence level and what classes need to be taken. They had night classes which was perfect for me and I stated a day time job. And after I took the test, they said you passed this test with 100%, that has never been done here. The pretest or whatever it's called was really easy to me. The GED test was a little challenging, but I finished before anyone else taking the test that day. Since I finished so soon, the teacher asked me to check over my answers to make sure I made the right ones. Oh, and I took a IQ test in school when I was 15, and my IQ level at that time was 136. I have no clue what it is now.

And yes there are many different levels of autism, and what exactly it effects. My sister, it's basically her communication skills, social skills, and determining what is reality and fantasy. But she is extremely intelligent and loves reading and books. Most people can't understand her when she talks because she talks weird, and as I said she confuses her fantasy with reality, she often puts herself in movies and shows, and stays in them for weeks, months, and years. For example...she use to watch the apprentice all the time, and she would tell her teachers they were fired when she got mad at them. She is also a drama queen lol. She often acts out movies, shows, and books. But I do remember in 4th grade she was reading at a 7th grade level. And as a freshmen in high school she was reading at a college level. Lets see I'm 22 so she's almost 17 now, her bday is in december, and last time I heard, she was taking college courses as well as her high school classes. And they are talking about putting her in a program where she would be living in a house with other girls like her and going to college, and they are going to give her a part time job, and everything. So hopefully she will be able to become something great and lead a somewhat normal life. The program puts them in jobs that each individual is good at, I think she would be good in a library. That or she loves animals, so maybe an animal shelter.