Anyone else get this?

cleo

I've been pumping for nearly 7 months and last week noticed little red thread veins had appeared on the top part of one breast. I've been pumping long enough to know how much pressure to use so don't feel like I was overpumping or anything. I've been putting arnicare cream on the area and haven't noogled for 4 nights to see if it would fade but its still the same. I feel like its permanent now and isn't going to go away so a bit scared to start pumping again as I don't want anymore to appear. Anyone else experienced this? :-[

kitkat09

Hi Cleo,

I have been pumping for around 7 months like you. I got a bluish looking color type of vein but it went away after 20 min or so. I am wondering why you are getting the reddish looking vein. Hope everything will be ok....

Kitkat

M

Mumma Bear

Hey Cleo - are you taking any kind of hormonal NBE or the pill? Little spider veins etc can be hormonally driven. I've ended up with all sorts of little squiggly patterns on my legs from pregnancy - and taking PM and BO has made them a little more noticeable. I figure they are a trade off for two beautiful children ...and growing breasts!

D

daylight

just give it some time...
and make sure you "DO NOT" noogle.
since haveing no gain is better than having marks on your breasts.

cleo

I've been taking PM for the last 4 weeks so don't know if this has anything to do with it. It's not too noticeable at the moment as I tend to have high colour on my chest area anyway but certainly don't want to make it worst. Would really be disappointed if I had to stop noogling though. Just hope the PM kicks in and gives me a bit of swelling so I won't feel so bad!

cleo

Had a good look at the redness on my chest tonight and what I thought was just redness from noogling appears to be a lot more spider veins than I realised but I can't really remember when i started having this problem as I thought it was just the NB rash. I've been reading up on spider veins and you're right Mumma Bear that they can be hormonally driven but nobody mentions them appearing on the chest area, although it does say they can show up anywhere on the body. Even though I'm 48 it's not something I've ever suffered with before. The problem is, has the pressure of noogling caused the veins in my chest to weaken and caused the spider veins or is it the PM that I've been taking for the past month. As it's on my chest I'm thinking more likely the pressure of noogling, if it was the PM it would more likely appear in a more common area like face or legs, which are more prone to spider veins. I haven't noogled now for 5 nights but I am still taking PM. I don't really want to stop the PM as I'm 5 weeks in so if it's going to work I should start to see some signs soon but also don't want to make the problem worse if the PM is causing it :-\ And I'm so disappointed not being able to noogle :'( Anyone have any thoughts on this? Or has anyone used anything that has gotten rid of spider veins? Help!! :(

M

Mumma Bear

Having your veins on your breasts appear more noticeable can be one of the first signs of pregnancy - ie a hormonal affect very common to that area - I'd say it's the combination of both the PM and the NB. You'll prob get much more growing from the NB, so if you're really concerned about it, then perhaps ditch the PM? Let us know how you go xoxox

itsjust4fun91

I ended up with a lot of those little spider veins on my legs after my last pregnancy and just had them removed yesterday! Not the most pleasant experience, but it takes a matter of seconds to get rid of one. Today I'm thrilled with the results, yesterday I was wondering if I had lost my mind to have just done that to myself. LOL

cleo

I've just been researching treatment for these darn things!! lol. I have noticed a few on my legs but I guess its my age and I don't think they'd be noticeable to anyone else at the mo as I'm normally quite tanned. The ones on my chest are above the breast right where the domes dig in and only on one side, which is the side of my smaller breast and where I have had most discomfort from the domes so I really think it's down to noogling. I noogled last night cause the withdrawal was so bad!! lol. Really red in that area this morning though so won't be doing that again. Luckily the PM seems to be kicking in and I've had a growth spurt in the last week so that makes me more optimistic. :)