Bra Sizes

JanetCD

Male crossdresser
Best method for wearing the correct bra size is to go to a retailer and have the 'bra lady' measure you. Victoria's Secrets is one that has a 'bra lady on staff most of the time. Call ahead of time to make sure or schedule an appointment. Have been to Nordstrom at Mall Of America, Bloomington, MN and had a fitting and I am a male. Was a great experience.

Teeny Tiny

Measurement method isn't always correct. By measurement I'm a 34C-D, but I can wear 36 band size much more comfortably, and my breast structure doesn't look or feel good in a 34 band size bra because I have wide breasts that don't fill a 34 band size cup properly, they get squished and hurt. I stopped and got a bra fitting one day when I was wearing a 36B, they had me try on a 34C then a 36B. By measurement the 34C should have been the right size, but after trying on both they said I was definitely a 36B, so I had been wearing the right size. Which was a very good improvement over the 36AA (if that) that I started out with, and had enlarged all the way to a 36C. But now I'm holding between a B and C cup because of dietary changes, losing 10 lbs, and getting ready to start a 60 day juice fast to try to make me healthier, which will both drop weight off of me and probably make me lose most if not all of what I've gained, so I may have to start over from scratch in a couple months or so. I'm hoping that noogling through my fast will help keep me from losing everything I've gained, guess I'll have to wait and see.

lexuswoman

Bra sizing is a weird thing isn't it? When I was in high school, my mother had me wearing 36B bras, she assumed since I was tall and had wider shoulders and wasn't totally flat chested, that was the right size for me. The band always rode up in the back, even on the tightest hook, so years later, I just figured that I'm a 34B, not a 36B. Then when I began my first attempt at NBE back in 2004 which never really got off the ground, I said I would be thrilled if I could get to a 34C. I finally got measured at Victoria's Secret before I tried to start my program, just to get a baseline of where I was, and the girl told me, You're a 34C. Wow, a C cup, but I didn't feel big at all. I do remember jumping up and down and hugging her and telling her that she had made my day, that I couldn't believe I was a 34C. She probably thought I was some kind of weirdo or something. I've been on my NBE program since Jan 30th, starting with listening to breast enlargement without surgery every night, then I began massaging every night, 360 inward rotations with bio-oil, then for the past month, I've been using my brava like an NB with higher manual suction trying to do it everyday for 30 minutes to an hour, somedays I can do more, somedays I don't get to do it at all. But I've grown an inch. I was at 37 around the bust, now I'm at 38 and guess what, I still don't feel big! I tried on a 36C bra on Sunday, the cups fit me, but the band rode up in the back. I think now I could probably wear 34D bras, but I don't have the money to buy any, I've spent most of my fun money on Brava's, Greenbush herbs, etc!

rby

lexuswoman, what's your underbust measurement? It seems like you could go down in the band and up a cup. But of course, it's ultimately more important that you feel comfortable in a bra.

Bra sizing IS bizarre. Victoria's Secret's method of measuring the band size is actually taking a measurement over the top of the breasts and then down where the band would go, so you'd get a weirder measurement. Some manufacturing companies use different measurements. Also, like with jeans, one size in one item might not be the same in the same model and make. And because our boobs/weight fluctuates it's not always consistent. It would be really helpful if clothing manufacturers could just standardize sizes :p I think even in "vanity sizing" someone always ends up feeling less beautiful than they should.

Congratulations on your growth btw! Hope it continues!

Do you guys wear bras most of the time?

lexuswoman

Thanks rby, I keep measuring myself several times a day to make sure its still there!! I used a drop of the Greenbush enhancement blend in my massage oil last night, just to make sure I'm not going to have any allergic reactions or anything, then I'll eventually ramp up to the 1/8 tsp they recommened. The stuff has a very strong maple smell, from the Fenugreek I think. I even wore my Brava for about 3 hours or so last night, I actually fell asleep in it, which was nice, wish I could do it for a whole night.

I measure about 30 inches underbust. When I was able to wear my Brava for about an hour and 45 minutes Monday night, I measured 40 inches around the bust when I took the thing off. I grabbed every swimsuit in my dresser to to try on. Wish that would stay! I got measured at Victorias secret at the first of April and they said I could wear a 34C or a 32D. I was surprised by the 32D as I haven't lost any weight or anything that would make my underbust get smaller. I wanted to try on a 32D, but the store was so crowded, every dressing room was taken and nobody was leaving. Because I work, I have to wear a bra everyday, but I try to take it off as soon as I get home. I've actually ordered a NB Extra large system, I tried a CL last month and it didn't work so I splurged and bought a Brava, now I want to alternate, so I sent Lucy photos of my breasts and she said definately go with the XL cups. I just want to alternate what I use. I think really as far as bra sizing is concerned, its more about what is comfortable and fits and its going to vary from brand to brand.

SequinDreams

I've been wearing a 32A for years, but have noticed recently that I always need to have the back straps on the tightest setting, which I read somewhere is incorrect - you're supposed to start on the loosest setting then work inwards as the elastic of the bras weakens. So I did some measuring and researching online ... but because there's 2 different ways of working out bra size I could either be a 34AA or a 30B!

I've read that the method of adding 4 or 5 is outdated, which would mean I'm a 30B. That makes sense to me since, as I said, a 32 band is a bit big on me (I'm pretty skinny). But 30B doesn't seem to be a very common bra size at all - I could only find 30Bs in the 'beginners bra' section of some shops! So I could keep wearing a 32A, but I like the idea of being a 30B ;D

It's so damn confusing! It also means, though, that if I am a 30 band size, no matter how much my breasts increase with Noogling, I'm always going to struggle to find my 'proper' size, since 30 doesn't seem to be a band size that's particularly common. SIGH.

Ex

??? It makes my head hurt. I usually wear between a 34B/BC and a 36B/C depending on the bra. Even different sizes of the same bra can fit very differently. I go for what is comfortable. Last time I had a fitting, the lady said I was a 32 something, but even she could barely fasten the bra and that was at Victoria's Secret. Add to that the fact that each bra style can vary, as can manufacturers, and it makes my head hurt. Then everyone's body is different, including ribcage and breast shape.... I figure if it's comfortable, and I can breathe, I'm happy. What the heck is all this exhaling stuff either - I inhale also while wearing my bra.

As I am writing this, my service dog has her head in my lap, and she is snoring loudly. I am sure she would tell us that this is all just nuts - she couldn't care less, as long as I don't move and wake her. ;)