Broke a Dress

Strumpet

Soo, ladies, I feel a little silly, but I was wondering if I could get a bit of advice.
I bought this dress online and unfortunately, the invisible zipper was not sewn in properly, or something, because I couldn't get it to zip up all the way, and when I tried to get back out of the dress I couldn't. I ended up having to literally rip the stitches that attached the zipper to the fabric.
It's a shame because it really is a beautiful dress.
Do you think it's possible to get it tailor-repaired? It would just need a replacement with a new invisible zipper.
Or should I send it back? Can I send it back or can I not send back something this damaged?
I would love any advice you can throw at me. Thanks!

Hello,

It doesn't hurt to try asking the company if they will accept it OR you could just try sending it back to them as 9 out of 10 times they won't look closely at it anyway. I guess it depends on what country the company is in because at least the US is pretty good with returns. They would generally rather have a satisfied customer who will return than fuss over details. Personally I've bought a dress for REALLY cheap BECAUSE it had a broken invisible zipper since I sew. I replaced the zipper then THE NEW ZIPPER broke! Since the dress had some stretch I just sewed the seam and slip it on. I hate hate hate invisible zippers! It's easy to put a new zipper- you could call around first and ask how much and pick the place that rips you off the least if you don't want to try sending it back. Good luck!