Bruising

Tina

Hello,

I have been having some bruising on the top of my breast from the domes. I don't over pump, as I have been pumping for 1/2 hour twice a day. I'm wondering if I can still pump while I have these bruises? Or should I wait until they are gone?

How long does it take for them to go away?

Any other comments would be great appreciated.

Thanks.

T

tavia

hi tina,
what kind of brusing do you have
is it the purple blue type or the red dotty rash look.. or just sore when you press your skin?
just thinking that if you have a deep brusing id lay off the pumping till it went away,
i currently have a chest with too rings of red dots lol from thursday, but i think i will have a MILD pump in a bit and report back what happens for you.
im sure others will have better advice for you, but im def sure that discoloured deep purple/red/blue brusing is a call for a break ;)
also what size domes do you have? mabe getting something like foam/rings etc to spread the pressure would benefit you alot,
also try pumping in different positions ie.. pumping while sitting has a different pressure to pumping while lying down,
if you think about it.. if you are sitting up and pumping, the top of the domes are going to push towards gravity ,so pressing on the top of your chest more because they want to go down
if you are lying down the pressure is even so taking some stress off the top of your breasts
hope this helps

Tina

Thanks, Tavia
Actually, I don't know what to call it. I shouldn't call it bruising. It is deep red marks that don't go away after pumping. I have them for at least 4 days. It is NOT sore. It is NOT dotty, and rash looking.

I have been pumping for about a month now and don't know why I got them now. I didn't even pump that long.

T

tavia

no prob ;D
hmm, im not sure, i would say that the red marks are normal, lots of people here get them but as 4 y its only starting to happen now i dont know.
mabe your breasts are starting to react to the increased blood flow, which i assume would be a good thing, or you didnt realise how much you were pumping because it was so dam comfortable lol ::)
he he, i wouldnt worry too much, are you seeing any progress so far, and if not do your boobies(excuse the question) feel any heavyer since your red marks have began to show?
i know some 1 or 1s have experienced some sort of bursting of a vessel, lol not sure, but i think that if this had happened you would possibly be aware of something very wrong.
just to confirm,,, i still have my redmarks from thursday, much lighter now though and not sore at all x

Tina

Thanks, again Tavia.

I want to know if you keep pumping while you have these marks or do you stop and take a break until they are gone? Is there anything I can do to make them go away? What are they from, what causes them?

I was a bit alarmed to see them, but I am feeling a bit better now.

Anastasia916

Okay "over pumping" does not indicate how long you pump, many pump for hours at a time, I personally pump up to 2 hours. Over pumping means causing too strong of a pull, meaning you pumped the handle too many times, thus putting too much pressure on your breasts. This can effect in red dots, rings that last for days, discoloration of the breasts, bruising, and I heard bursted vessels. Now there was a lady on this board if you read through the posts on this main part that said she used a product that was intended for children's bruises. She uses it before pumping and after, and she doesn't get any ring marks now. Also if you take a very warm shower, get it as warm as you can handle, stand under the water where your breasts are under the water, and do that for about 10 to 15, I have found this gets rid of my rings after I pumped for a long time and have somewhere to go. As far as taking breaks after over pumping, it is highly recommended so that your breasts can have time to rest. I'd say take a few days break and see if the rings go away. Good luck.

Tina

Anastasia,

Okay, by me saying I did NOT over pump, I meant that the suction was NOT strong and I did not pump for very long. I usually pump for 2 hours without even noticing, this time it was 1/2 and hour I pumped for.

I have read about people using Arnica stick for bruising but like I had mentioned in one of the post before, it really is not bruising. The marks are a deep red and they are lasting even after 5 showers for 1/2 hour each time. They are not just ring marks from pumping, which I have had. Those type of ring marks usually disappear within a few hours after pumping. The kind of marks that I have DON'T go away until 5 days or more have passed.

I got these marks about a week ago, then they started to disappear, so I pumped again with precaution as I was aware of what had transpired the last time I had pumped. So in the last week I have pumped only twice. Pumping twice a week is not going to do it for me..... Nope, it's not. I need to pump on a daily basis, at least for the first few months. Then, I can start to decrease my pumping time.

Anastasia916

Even if it's not bruising I think you can still use it. The lady that suggested it doesn't get bruising, she uses it to get rid of the ring marks. Or to prevent them. I'm not sure what kind of marks you have if it's not a bruise, not red dots and not the ring marks.

I agree with Tavia, lying down takes the pressure off abit. I have had red rings that last for a while and when the redness fades, I have had slight indentations left where the rings were that are still there 24 hours later (by which time i pump again). I however pump for 3 or so hours at the moment, which is alot longer than you did.

I think arnica gel is a good idea, incase any of it is bruising, but vitamin E oil is also good at fading marks. I use an array of oils that i mix together with a little baby lotion for when i use my NB.

Sorry i can't be more of a help

T

tavia

if your marks last so long, i think you may need a barrier to spread the suction of the cups,
seems like you mark quite easly? :-\
the marks i got from thursday have gone and ive been pumping in the meantime, i currently have a few small red dots on my chest, but nothing very visable.
i think you should be using the rings, or foam or the yoga mat method, just something to spread the pressure,
some people mark more than others and it seems like you have your pumping under control,
look in to the arnica use, and pad up your cups hun, see how that works for you ;)
lol 1nce you have padded the cups, dont get carried away pumping, it makeS you feel like you could pump 4 ever because the suction is so dam comfortable.. dont want you making a new thread.."HOW DO I TURN PURPLE BOOIES BACK TO THERE NORMAL COLOUR" :eek:
;)

Tina

Mycup,
I didn't think to lie down and pump, because I thought I would get better suction (and swelling) if I pumped sitting up. I may try it though. 3 hours is a pretty good amount of time! If I had pumped for that long then I could see why I would have these marks. But 1/2 hour is nothing compared to what I am used to! I usually pump for 2 hours at a time. I don't know why I called it bruising, but it really isn't. I am not sure what to call it. Bruising would mean its like blue or purple, but it is like a bright/deep red. I have been using a camping mat for the past couple of weeks (out of desperation!) and the last 2 times were the only times I got this. I am not sure what I will do, but I will figure something out. Thanks for your input!

Tavia,
I use a camping mat as a barrier, because I can't pump with the bare cups (it hurts too much!). I don't mark so easily, which is why this is puzzling to me. I have been pumping with the mats for a little while (at least 3 times a day, for at least an hour each time for about a week) and have not had any problems. The marks are fading but still not gone. But I really want to pump! I think I will pump again tonight. If I continue to get them then oh well, I guess I will have to deal with it until I find another cushioning method. The foam rings didn't work for me because they kept getting sucked in to the cups, providing no cushioning underneath my breast at my ribs. I thought by now (a little over a month) I did have my pumping under control, but then SUPRISE! I hope I won't be posting that thread, :eek: LOL!
Thanks too, Tavia

T

tavia

:-\ :-\ ??? ???
umm i cant think of any other reason ;D
as long as they are fading then i suppose the marks arnt all bad... if they were staying put , then that would be a worry...
pump pump pump away,,, dont worry..
true bowt the foam, i tryed a few times and i think they are working then,,,fffppppppppurp as they get sucked both in and out of the dome, hmm annoying :)

Tina

Thanks for your replies and help ;)

I started pumping again yesterday night. I just tried to pump without any cushioning at, which seemed to work out pretty well. I can pump for about 1/2 hour at a time, but I take a qiuck break and then pump again. So far, no red marks.

Thats good news :). I decided to buy a cheap yoga mat and some boob/toupe tape and will fashion a little padding for my large cups, so i can wear them all night. (i love a project!).

I have got this fake tan syndrome that others have mentioned. The top part of my breasts look like I have applied fake take in the shape of the domes??. So I think i may try wash off fake tan to see if i can even it up.

Tina

I was looking for a cheap yoga mat too, but only found really thin ones, so I didn't buy any.

Sorry to hear about yout fake tan syndrome, but hope you can fix it.

Thanks

Yes the mat i bought is 7mm thick, which i think will be fine. My plan is to cut it and stick it on with boob/wig tape. I don't think it has to be incredibly think, just as long as there is some padding that disperses the pressure abit.
We will see ;D. Will let you know if it is an amazing success or a disaster lol