Can I take bovine ovary while on birth control?

Lory

I've been on the NuvaRing for about 9 months now and I don't want to take anything that could lessen its effectiveness... I'm pretty worried about how the other hormones will affect it. Is anyone in here taking BO and BC simultaneously? The hormones in NuvaRing are etonogestrel and ethinyl estradiol if that matters.

Also, I have been noogling for 3 days now (1-2 hours a day) and I wonder if I'm doing it right. If I pump all the way my boobs reach almost the end of the medium cups and I feel a pinch in my nipple but my boob is the same color skin as the rest of my body, not the reddish pink I see in a lot of pics. Am I doing it right? It feels tight and it doesn't hurt although it itches where the dome meets my skin. I'm using coconut oil and it works great. I will still grow even though my boob isn't pink/red, right? (I'm 34 A/B so the medium domes I'm using are the right size, I think...) Thanks for any responses to either of these questions!

Lily13

Yeah I am certainly not a doctor by any means, but I don't think it would be a good idea in my opinion. I would definitely ask your gynecologist! That is something you don't want to make a mistake.

And about the domes...Anytime I feel any pain in my nipple it means I am overpumping. When I first started noogling, I actually split open my nipple because the domes I was using were too small and the suction was focused on my nipple rather than my boob. I am wondering if perhaps that is what's happening with you? A 34B would probably be large enough for the Large or CL domes in my opinion. But of course Lucy is better at judging size!

Lory

Hmm... I think I'll pass on the BO until I'm no longer on BC! I could ask my nurse but she'll wonder why I'm taking it I think, though I will definitely ask to be on the safe side.

Split open?? Ouch! :-[ That sounds awful... when I feel the nipple pinch I release some air until it doesn't pinch anymore, so thankfully I've been careful that way... I also have foam rims to extend the dome about an inch up so there's a little growing room there. I should probably order the large domes already if that's the case, even though they look so small, I bet I'll grow into them. Thanks guys.

Lily13

If your ribcage is wide enough, you may want to look into the contoured L domes too. It's funny because I tried the L domes the other day just to see if the fit changed at all (since I grew a little bit) and nope they still do not fit right. The suction isn't as good either! The CL domes are just amazing...lol I can't say enough good things about them.

CookieBunny said:
Hmm... I think I'll pass on the BO until I'm no longer on BC! I could ask my nurse but she'll wonder why I'm taking it I think, though I will definitely ask to be on the safe side.

Split open?? Ouch! :-[ That sounds awful... when I feel the nipple pinch I release some air until it doesn't pinch anymore, so thankfully I've been careful that way... I also have foam rims to extend the dome about an inch up so there's a little growing room there. I should probably order the large domes already if that's the case, even though they look so small, I bet I'll grow into them. Thanks guys.

Basicly any hormones can cancel each other out. you see they have similar functions (i dont mean that BO will keep u from being pregnant lol, but as BCs side effects can be similar to BOs real effects) and if u dont want to ask a gynecologist, as it makes u uncomfortable, you can read simple hormone biology on the net. Simple A-level biology will work, cause now as a medicine student, and taking A levels in biology in high school, I can tell you that I studied it in HS.

xoxojenny

Honestly, I'm a nurse and I have no idea if taking BO renders BC ineffective. In nursing school, we do not talk about herbs/natural remedies at all. I'm not even sure if a doctor could give you an answer right away either. The answers I've found on this forum certainly makes sense, but I haven't seen any concrete proof that x does this, y does that, from a peer-reviewed scientific journal.