Can pregnant women do noogling?

TwisztedAngel

I'm 3 months pregnant and its obvious my breast are gonna grow but they sag. Is it safe to noogle?

If it is. I will buy one. Today!

James

Can't answer your question, mostly just bumping it up to see if someone else will answer.
But I can't think of any reason not to noogle, I say go for it!

dminer84

Fulfilling a dream...
I too don't have an answer and have not found any threads covering the topic in such a way. Pumping shouldn't hinder milk production and may even improve it provided you're not causing tissue damage (overpumping). But I do have concerns about your nipples.

Breast feeding is very rewarding typically but also quite harsh on the nipples. You'll have to be extra mindful of moisturizing and protecting them that's safe to baby too (not meaning covering -- I think this would be a bad course). I've seen dry, chapped, even cracked+bleeding nipples from just feeding a baby and should some sort of skin condition happen then I would reduce or even stop NB.

DJ

TwisztedAngel

Yea ive been doing some searching and I can't find anything about it.
Im not breastfeeding though. For some reason I have trouble producing milk...

I'll keep searching

dminer84

Fulfilling a dream...
I wouldn't expect your breasts to be producing much milk at the moment as I understand you're still pregnant (rather than have given birth). At the time of birth, there is a major hormonal reversal which signals for contractions and for the milk factory to start production in earnest. There are herbs which can help quite a bit should a problem arise; so don't worry too much about this yet.

DJ

TwisztedAngel

Thanks. I just received an email from Lucy her main concern is the milk production. I'm not concerned with that. Even if I start leaking during pregnancy its normal for a woman to leak. And I forgot they do have herbs to stop lactation, thanks!!

TwisztedAngel

I keep seeing articles about how pumping can make a woman produce a hormone that can induce labor..so I'll wait..might use some volufiline because it doesn't have any hormones and keeps the girls up.. I'm too young to sag:-(

James

TwisztedAngel said:
I keep seeing articles about how pumping can make a woman produce a hormone that can induce labor..so I'll wait..
I have to say that this doesn't make any sense at all. First I assume that the pumping referred to is pumping for milk as that is far more common than pumping the whole breast for growth. Also inducing lactation is the only thing I can think of that would change your hormone balance. Second, millions of women throughout history have been breast feeding one baby while being pregnant and bearing a second child. This would mean that all these women would have birth problems with pre-mature babies. Nature just doesn't work that way.

However, I am not the one who is pregnant here, and one would hate to find out that their pre-mature baby was caused by breast pumping. So being cautious is the best approach. Keep reading, maybe you can make some sense of these reports.

I second James. I think if you are not worried about milk production and are not planning to feed your baby then I think actually pregnancy might be a great time to start noogling, your breast skin will be growing and strecthing anyway. You might be in a great position to keep the breast tissue you gain from being pregnant if you are consistent with the NB throughout and afterwards. Good luck with whatever you choose to do xx

TwisztedAngel

Thanks for those encouraging words everyone I think I might start in my last trimester. Looking for herbs to stop lactation incase it happens

TwisztedAngel

flatty_natty said:
I second James. I think if you are not worried about milk production and are not planning to feed your baby then I think actually pregnancy might be a great time to start noogling, your breast skin will be growing and strecthing anyway. You might be in a great position to keep the breast tissue you gain from being pregnant if you are consistent with the NB throughout and afterwards. Good luck with whatever you choose to do xx

I hope this happens..ill definitely post pics since I don't see many pregnant women pumping.

TwisztedAngel

James said:
TwisztedAngel said:
I keep seeing articles about how pumping can make a woman produce a hormone that can induce labor..so I'll wait..
I have to say that this doesn't make any sense at all. First I assume that the pumping referred to is pumping for milk as that is far more common than pumping the whole breast for growth. Also inducing lactation is the only thing I can think of that would change your hormone balance. Second, millions of women throughout history have been breast feeding one baby while being pregnant and bearing a second child. This would mean that all these women would have birth problems with pre-mature babies. Nature just doesn't work that way.

I don't understand how that could happen either because pregnant women do breasfeed their other children all the time. Im not worried about that my only concern was getting engorged breast due to lactation...but I think I will be fine.

However, I am not the one who is pregnant here, and one would hate to find out that their pre-mature baby was caused by breast pumping. So being cautious is the best approach. Keep reading, maybe you can make some sense of these reports.