cracked cup.

bexy

one of my cups has craked slightly at the side and over the rim. Its usable, but im not sure how safe it is to use? time to get a new cup maybe? im not sure.

BustyBabe

Hmm, what are your safety concerns? That it might shatter? I've never heard of that happening, but if it looks like it's on the verge of breaking I would definitely stop using it.

The only problem I've heard about cracked domes is loss of pressure, but even those were still usable. People just had to use pump and release instead of pump and hold.

James

I can't remember the name of it, but there is a special type of plastic glue that is thin, and when applied to the crack will soak in, NOT superglue (superglue does not work on plastic).

The only danger of the crack is that if it opens up a bit, some skin can get in and the pinching could be very painful.

What are you using for lubricant? Most oils are fine with plastic, but there could be an additive that is reacting with the plastic and making it brittle and crack. You should consider changing the type of oil you use. Or if you are using a lotion switch to oil.

Matt B

Hi James,super glue works great on plastics,that's what is was designed for.It actually welds the plastic.

Matt