Cups keep cracking, what to do?

I have only used my large cups a few times and already one of them has cracked. I know I can temporarily fix it with some tape but I would prefer If they didin't crack at all. I don't feel like continuing noogleing when they break all the time. What could I be doing wrong? ???

noogleberry

Noogleberry Admin Team
Hi littleswedish, its not common for the large cups to crack like this but we are producing ones from thicker plastic but in the meantime, please email me off forum at : lucy@noogleberry.com and i can replace the large cup.

best wishes

Lucy :)

Rachiex

Hi

Mine have little cracks in them but this doesn't affect suction for me. I ordered a spare cup (and pump) in case they crack or break completely but touch wood they haven't yet (thank goodness as they were sent back to Lucy by the Post Office here!) and I can use them as 'normal' (if there is something as normal as strapping some big plastic domes onto your chest and pumping your boobs until they swell!)

x x x x

But mine have big crackes and I get more and more crackes everytime i pump, now both my cups looks like a mess with crackes and tape all over them. And i don't feel like I'm pumping too hard, you must feel the suction otherwise there's no use! Someone else that has experienced the same thing? Any tips to keep this from happening?

Rachiex

True- normal is boring!

LittleSwedishGirl - I have little tiny cracks all over mine and they still work as they used to. Don't worry about it so much. Go gently so that you pump and then stop when you feel a pull and then stay there for a while, pump a little more just until you feel a pull and then stop etc. If your'e really worried and can afford to pay for the shipping and cup then order a spare cup from Lucy for if/ when it finally gives up and cracks completely (I did this but my cup was sent back to Lucy so if mine go then I have no back-up cup).

I think there is a bit in the forum where someone was talking about what they use to mend the cups if there are bigger cracks but I can't remember where - I think it may come up in the search?

x x x x

P

Philli

It was me who offered advice on how to repair the cups but you need to know a little about plastic modelling techniques. My husband is a professional model maker for museums and collectors. Here's what you need. A product available at model shops is ABS plasticard..it comes in sheets of varying sizes and thicknesses. The thinner sheets are usually 0.15 or 030 thou. It can be cut very easily. Rough up the surface of the dome along the area of the crack with sandpaper, cut a strip wide enough to span the crack...apply glue, which is designed for use with plastic...modellers glue, and press the strip into place and allow to dry. That should seal it 100%.

J

jellyDeeeee

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH.... thankyou Philli !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love jellyE.