delete

dminer84

Fulfilling a dream...
Indeed, a tear drop shape is nice and should be maintained if possible. Being a B cup, I have a feeling you'll fill the M domes. I'm using them now and I can fill it about 4/5th. With swelling, I get close to a B cup. The L domes are a bit bigger and shaped the same (in fact, I stack them like layered eggshells). I can understand how it feels to see "all that space" and get a bit discouraged. If anything, going smaller domes can helped me in that regard -- I'm so close. :)

DJ

dminer84

Fulfilling a dream...
I've got all the cups and can compare them. I believe you'd fill the M very quickly if not immediately. The L domes have same shape but a bit wider and longer. The CL and XL are similar in sizes where the XL is a bit longer and isn't tappered. The L dome fit completely inside the CL and runs to about 2/3th its length with about 1cm or so extra at the mouth. Since the L tappered pretty fast, you'll be close to filling it as well -- maybe 3/4 - 4/5th of the L length.

So if you wanted to try down a size, L would be it but on your "magic days" you'll definitely fill it. There is nothing wrong with using two sizes but the L will work your nipples as I'm finding with the M. As this is about experimentation, I think trying the L won't be a waste but educational. The M will be a waste until you want to work on the breast lobe or nipples.

DJ

James

It would certainly appear by your picture that a smaller dome would be useless. Actually I think you should consider the larger XL. I have a couple of theories, and to start with, why the pain? The CLs are generally considered to be more comfortable than the other styles, where is the pain, at two points or spread around the dome edge? The contoured large cups are contoured to fit the rib cage better, that is the curve goes around the chest. Do you have them rotated to the most comfortable position? Are you using a generous coating of oil like safflower oil (in your grocers salad oil section)? Are you massaging the skin where the dome presses between sessions? The only reason I mention the XLs is because if you alternated, the larger diameter would not press on the same spot, thus giving some relief. Another possibility is to move the domes to slightly different positions (like lower or closer together) to move the pressure points around.

I also wonder it you are using excessive pressure, not likely since you are not complaining of red dots (broken blood vessels) or bruising, but my other theory is that best results might be attained by pumping hard and long (many 7 minute sessions) one day a week and gently for the rest of the week. The idea is to apply just enough pressure during the gentle cycle to create mild swelling but not stress the body, and try for maximum swelling once a week. The gentle cycle should be completely painless and allow recovery.

Best of luck :)

heydurr

What can I attach to my breast today?
dminer84 said:
I've got all the cups and can compare them. I believe you'd fill the M very quickly if not immediately. The L domes have same shape but a bit wider and longer. The CL and XL are similar in sizes where the XL is a bit longer and isn't tappered. The L dome fit completely inside the CL and runs to about 2/3th its length with about 1cm or so extra at the mouth. Since the L tappered pretty fast, you'll be close to filling it as well -- maybe 3/4 - 4/5th of the L length.

So if you wanted to try down a size, L would be it but on your "magic days" you'll definitely fill it. There is nothing wrong with using two sizes but the L will work your nipples as I'm finding with the M. As this is about experimentation, I think trying the L won't be a waste but educational. The M will be a waste until you want to work on the breast lobe or nipples.

DJ

I totally agree, don't waste your money on the mediums, you'll totally fill them up. I too have pain on the top part of the dome, it feels like it's cutting into the rib when I first pump up. I release as little as possible to get rid of the pain and bring it down to a mild discomfort. Try Tim's suggestion and pump until you feel the pain then slowly let it go until it isn't digging anymore but still has suction. There's lots of veteran's on here that have said "less is more" - in other words extreme suction isn't necessary for growth and swelling.

dminer84

Fulfilling a dream...
I spent a few minutes playing around with my CLs and I noticed a couple of things with them. At least with my torso shape (and fat :) ), I found the rim would pull into my skin and with enough pressure the skin would reach that outer edge of the rim. That edge on mine is very rough and jagged (appears to be a seam point) and that stuff hurts. Is that happening to you around the outer edge of the rim and your skin?

One of these days, I'm planning to get some 400, 800, and 1200 grit sandpaper to smooth and round off these rims to make them more comfortable. If you're having this problem then it might be worth taking some time to smooth out your dome's rims as well. Even my L dome has an element of this problem too.

DJ

M

Mumma Bear

The plumbing foam works a treat - I can't imagine trying to noogle with no padding. Whatever foam you use it needs to be closed cell foam.

summer

When you say plumbing foam what do you mean? The spray stuff or the pipe insulation made out of foam? I tried the pipe insulation and couldnt get it to work. I was afraid to try the spray stuff because I didnt know if I would ever be able to clean it off the domes if it didnt work. I have been using the foam rings, I cant get suction without them, not to mention the pain of the digging into your ribs, but they dont last very long. I dont know if it is the oil breaking them down or what... Ive tried bubble wrap too (I think I saw that mentioned somewhere) but couldnt get suction with that either. Just looking for a less expensive way than to keep buying the foam rings....

Jenni

When I think of using plumbing insulation as padding, something like this comes to mind:
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=5582

It's quite amazing what people have come up with. I've never done anything more than use aloe vera along my rib area, but I may need a little more cushion when I upgrade to larger domes. I might start with a yoga mat or blu-tac (if people still recommend it). Both seem a little cheaper.