Did I order the right size kit?

Littlelady2012

Hello!
I just ordered my first NB kit and figured I'd start with the small. But then I got confused about what cup size I am. I was just looking up how to measure your cup size on the Internet and it says you should subtract your measurement across the nipples from your band size. Well, I just measured myself and I'm 28" underbust, 31.5" across the fullest part (across the nipples) and get this, only 31" across the chest, only a scarce couple of inches above the nipples. I'm completely flat! AND droopy! But according to that method I should be a B cup (2.5 inches difference)! I'm so confused. I can barely wear bras from the store, I have so little boob to work with they all just sit on top of my breasts, forget about pushing them up or using pads. (i do have side boob though, I would say most of the difference in inches is from that, but my side boob can't be pushed "up".)
I have reason to think ill be a quick responder, having gained and lost 50 lbs twice with two children ( i'm 5'4" abd 110 lbs) and having breastfed the last one (we quit about 7/8 months ago.) so I wonder if choosing the small size kit was a good idea or if I'll grow out of it too quick. Any other ladies out there little like me? What did you do? And of course any one else who has some advice please share! Thanks!

minnie34

Hi Littlelady and welcome to the forum!! :)
When I started, just over a year ago I was completely flat, absolutely deflated from several years of breastfeeding.
I figured that I'd have to start with the small cups as there was nothing there, literally. I emailed Lucy and she suggested the Medium cups so that's what I went with, and they have worked really well for me. From what I have read on this forum, very few users (if any now that I think of it) recommed the Small cups.

Since you already have had your tissue stretched, chances are that you might be a fast responder (fingers crossed!!) so if I were you, I'd go for the Medium cups - I think in the ling run it would make more sense, especially financially.

Wishing you the very best of luck! :)

Littlelady2012

I'm so happy to have a response! I've been lurking a while ;)
So, I posted a few times here an on breast nexus because I figured it would be a couple days before Lucy replied about my order, but I already got a reply back! She had the same advice for me as well! So she switched my order to the mediums.
When you started with the mediums, did you have to do one side at a time or could you get suction with both? We're you a fast responder? I you don't feel like typing it all over again just post me a link ;)
And while I have you reading- I see that this works using a hand pump- I hear people say "an hour of pumping"; are they meaning literal pumping with their hand for an hour or does the basic kit already come with what you need to keep the suction? I see there are clips and airlocks for sale but I don't understand the concept really. Thanks for your input I was so excited to hear from you!!

minnie34

Hi again :)
I'm delighted that Lucy got back to you and changed your order - Lucy is really great!
I found the Mediums very easy to use and even though I was so flat, and I'd be quite petite on top but I can fit the M at the same time, no problem.
An hour of pumping means using the Noogleberry for an hour ( I can see how it could be a bit misleading alright :).
What you do is, you pump until you feel a good (not painful) pull, and then you leave it like that, occasionally pumping a little bit as the feeling of the pull diminishes (this is the pump and hold technique). Some people use the pump and release method, where you pump until you have the good pull, wait for perhaps 10 minutes, release all the air and pump again. It's really a question of preference, I use both :)
The airlock is mainly if you want to be able to move around as you're hooked up to the cups. I don't have one as I pump in the evenings when I'm ususally in the sofa, reading, surfing or watching a film. If I do need ot move around, I stick the actual handpump in my pocket or in the lining of my trousers - just so that it isn't dangling around, pulling on the cups.

I'm not so sure that I have been a fast responder because I started using the NB a couple of months after my youngest had weaned, so I actually don't know how much was due to the pump and how much was due to my breasts recovering naturally after the breastfeeding (normally takes 6 months). I think that majority of it is down to the pumping though as they are much closer together and rounder than they ever were!
If you look at my picture page in the gallery section, you can see the progress I've made, I am hoping to at least double that :D

Littlelady2012

Oh, ok! Yeah I'd probably just stick it in my waistband too! I would love to take a look at your pics but I can't find them- I'm using my phone for Internet right now and can't seem to figure out how to search for someones photos within the gallery, an I suspect my phone isn't displaying some of them because of format as well. could you copy the link for me?
Also I have already had a setback- a budget mishap! I had to cancel my order but I will be ordering again as soon as I can! But it will be okay I anticipate reordering in two weeks. Good practice in exercising patience with noogling already :)

minnie34

Here's the link:
http://www.noogleberry.com/forum/index.php/topic,2919.30.html

As you can see, I haven't had the same amazing results as some of the other users here, but any progress is positive I think!!
I mean to add as well that I think some people use the airlock if they want to noogle one breast at the time, but I just take my daughter's soft hairband and tie around the tube when I want to do that.
Personal preference and all that of course! :)
I hope your NB gets here real soon, I know how excited I was to start once I had ordered it!!

Littlelady2012

Wow! Your results are great! And it's great that you've been able to persevere. I hope to be a fast grower but if not I think I can persevere too. I have two little ones under 3 and am getting a puppy soon so I hope I can get it all managed! I look similar to your before pics, just smaller, but they have the same round shape. Yours are pretty and I hope you're enjoying them even on the journey! I am hoping to just get to a place where I enjoy them, that's my real goal. That and to fit in a freaking bra from a regular store!!! :mad: haha! I wonder if I will get boob greed. Objectively I would think yes, but I kind of want to keep them small, I'm a small person and my goal is not to look like everyone else. You know who I wish I looked like is Rosie Huntington Whitely! Body wise that is ::) oh well! It's so not a big deal, but I'm just sayin'.

minnie34

Thank you very much, you're too kind!! :-*
I've two little ones as well, so noogling for me is only possible at night when they've gone to bed.
I know what you mean re being able to enjoy them, that's what I would love too!! I think getting boobie greed is quite common - when I started I probably thought that if I could at least reach a small B cup I'd be delighted, but now I'm thinking why not reach for the sky and end up in the tree-tops :D
I would love love love a C cup, but in saying that, if I only ever reached a B, that would be fantastic too. I hope you get your NB real soon!!