Do you bruise too?

How do you fix your bruises?

• what do you do?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • do you do nothing?

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

lisads

Why am I bruising so easily? I don't over pump or strain the skin so I don't understand why it's bruised yellow :( ???
I know that if you take a fine comb and gently go over the area it helps a bruise or hickey go away faster.... But I haven't done anything yet besides pump even lighter...

Please share your tips to getting rid of the bruising!

pagewolf

The only time I had bruising was when I overdid it. If you aren't pumping too strongly, maybe it is for too long? Or maybe you should talk to your Dr about why you bruise so easily. Or google it if you don't feel like going to a Dr.

M

morninghello

I've never bruised myself with pumping before. However, arnica used topically is great for bruises (and those red dots which broken capillaries, just as bruises are).

I get little bruises all the time and I'd say I bruise pretty easily, but I can't imagine pumping so hard that I'd get a bruise. I've seen your post-pump progress photo that you posted recently :)o by the way), and you appear to have a lot of redness both on your breasts and around where the rims press. In my first month or so, I looked about the same after pumping. Now, though, I never pump so strongly that my skin is red after I take the domes off. I still get great in-cup and post-pumping swelling, but no redness or dots. I'd say that if you ease up on the pressure (even more if you must) and/or the length of time, number of sessions etc, that you won't be getting all bruised up anymore. Based on that photo, it would seem to me that the pressure still may be too much, but - of course - you know your body better than I do!

You may also want to look into getting the foam rings from Noogleberry or using the various other padding methods the folks here have come up with (poster tack, weather stripping/camper mounting tape, yoga mats, and so forth). Good luck to you and I hope your bruises get better soon!

itsjust4fun91

I'm not sure if this will help since your bruising is only showing in the yellow stage, but when someone has a fresh bruise with the deep purple or red look of fresh blood beneath the skin, vics vapor rub on it will make it go away in about 24 hours to the yellow stage and sometimes skip that stage, so that's why I'm not sure if it will work for yellowing or not, but if you have some handy, it's worth a try.

lisads

Morninghello>> yeah, the rims are a bit harsh so I tried using my poor yoga mat as a cushion and it didn't work. I just don't have anything available right now at the moment where I'm at :(

Wannabecee>> I just keep pumping. It doesn't hurt but I don't overpump to strain it where it hurts.

itsjustforfun91>> thanks for the tip! I get bruises on my legs a lot so i'm sure this will help :)

pagewolf>> I googled it, je more active the person, desto easier the bruised ;)

itsjust4fun91

I only had one small blood hicky mark the size of a pencil eraser come up on one of my breast with the XL, but I kept pumping and it still faded quickly so it must have just got pulled a little tight there by accident and I didn't realize it at the time.

nilly19

Hey Lisads, I understand you're relatively new at pumping? During my first 2-3 weeks (I've been pumping for about a month now), I got very dark bruising and went from purple to green to eventually yellow and then faded. Since then, I haven't experience bruising..I'm not pumping with any less force, I just think it was something that my body reacted to when I initially started it? Maybe my logic is flawed but don't worry, keep pumping, maybe with a little less force, until it goes away.