Double Sided Tape?

lexuswoman

Hi everyone!

I recently got the contoured extra large cups and really like them, they're much lighter weight than the regular XL's and the curve fits me perfectly.......only problem is I can't get them to seal up. I've tried the foam rings before, but have really had trouble getting ring marks that take days to go away. I was able to pump one of the cups last night, but not without all sorts of farting noise and it wouldn't stay on. Its like there are gaps between my skin and the cup and I need something to fill the gaps. I've used the Brava and never had any problems, I could put on the brava in the dark.

I had an idea & was wondering what you guys thought about it. I was doing some brainstorming during a slow time at work and realized one of the reasons the brava domes were so easy for me to apply was because they had adhesive on them and they stuck to the skin while the air was being pumped out of them. I can't find any material even close to what the silicone brava rims were made of, so I thought about double-sided medical tape. It would stick to my skin closing any gaps and allow me to pump the cups easier. Even better would be to put camper tape on the cups, then the double sided medical tape on top of that to provide even more cushion.

What do you guys think? Have any of you ever tried double sided tape?

James

I noticed your question on Kaye's thread, but thought it better to carry on here.

Are you using a generous coating of oil? The oil should be thick enough to make the domes slide around easily. Use a heavy weight oil like cooking oil, not a thin body oil designed to be absorbed by the skin.
Is there any chance there is a crack in the dome(s) that could be letting air in or a crack or pin hole in the tubing.
Is there a good seal at all connections?
If you use camper tape, is there any chance of a small gap between pieces of tape where air could leak through?
If you use multiple layers of camper tape, there must be no gaps between the layers.
Maybe you could even take a picture of the camper tape (from the bottom of the dome, not while wearing it).

Hope this helps. ;)

lexuswoman

Hi James!

Thanks for being there to help.

I've tried olive oil, cocoa butter cream (thick), cocoa butter lotion, bio oil, no lotion, foam rings, camper tape, a round silicone sleeve I found on ebay designed for nb cups...and nothing has worked. I know that my cups/tubing isn't defective because this afternoon I put one of the cups on my stomach and pumped it up and it stayed on. I moved around and it didn't come off. I'm thinking that if i used double sided tape at least the cups will have something to stick to. I used the brava domes with no problems and could even put them on in the dark. The bottom of them were more oval shaped while nb's are round. I haven't tried my CL's yet (haven't gotten 'em yet) so maybe they'll work. I"m trying the CXL's right now.

My next thing is to try double sided carpet tape and no lotion. some on here use lotion, some don't, so maybe that will work for me. I'm also gonna try to get a cheap sports bra and cut it up to make room for the tubing so maybe with the tape on my skin and the bra to hold it in place, I'll finallly be able to noogle. Thanks agian for your reply!

Lex'

lexuswoman

Just an update on the double sided tape. I never got a chance to go this past weekend to get some, but I found a half used roll in the utility room last night. I actually had some extra time so I decided to give it a try. I put the tape on the edge of one cup, put it on my chest and started pumping. The cup stuck very nicely to my chest and didn't hurt, but as I pumped, I could hear air hissing out of the cup near the bottom edge. I didn't realize how sticky the tape was until I took off the cup. Ouch! :mad: So, I tried to put a little more tape where the leak was, but it didnt' work. My skin was starting to get tender from the tape, so I decided to quit and try again later. I was hoping that I'd been able to start noogling last night, but I gotta work on this some more. I think the tape is going to work, I just need some soft cushioning to fill the gaps. I thought about trying the tape with the foam rings, but I'm afraid that if I needed to remove the tape, it would destroy the rings. I tried the camper tape and it didn't work for me, I need something thicker between the cup and my skin to completely seal it. But at least this is a start....