Face Care Products That Tighten Skin

D

DeeDeeN

Hi all

I need some advice please. Years ago I used to use specific Avon Cleansers, Toners and Moisturisers that used to tighten my skin very nicely. They have since discontinued that range, and I have found nothing that matches it since. I have tried every product imaginable yet nothing gives me that tight firmness on my forehead. I am sick of half sagging skin that shows my frown lines more prominently. Although tissue oil (bio oil) does help, it doesnt firm up my skin. Frownies no longer work for my frown line between my eyes (above my nose).

Advice gals plssssssssss!

Hugs
Debs

wannabecee

I do face exercises and those tighten things up a bit. I do "ageless if you dare" program. I also use Retin-A and vitamin c serum.

hth

itsjust4fun91

There's a product I've been seeing adds for called youthology that look pretty impressive. It gives you an 8 hour face lift. I just haven't had the guts to try it yet, but thinking more and more about it after watching some videos about it.

Mel

T

tavia

i use glycolic creams/peels and isotrex (retin-a) they take longer to see results but results are impressive and will set your skin up for life

i dont know any specific products because these 2 things have really changed my skin for the better i just use factor 50 sunscreen for a moisteriser ;D

Paloma

Hey TT and Wannabecee,

how do you know how much to use the retin a/ tretinoin? I've got some and even after using it for almost a year (tiny amounts, every other day), I still get red and peely and dry.... and the whole waiting 20 minutes to put it on makes my face so dehydrated... could I be overusing? is it that i use other actives during the day (like vit c?)

I want to use this stuff, but my usually tough as nails skin (the derm has to apply twice as much glycolic to make me peel) is just soooooo irritated on it.

And I've heard a leading cause of aging is inflammation... so no likey.

Can y'all advise?

Yeah, I know I should go to the derm, but soooooooo broke!!!

T

tavia

retin a comes in different strenghs .. so i would check if your strengh is to high...
also use it 1nce a day, and see if the peeling rides out, u have to test and see what works for you
isotrex is a chemically similar form to retin a/easy for my derm to get hold of than retin. it can burn /heat a little but ive never peeled, its 0.05%

im not sure if vit c would react with the retin, but if u stop using it and just test the retin for a while u may find out.
retin a just isnt for every1, but glycolic acid can also help renew and help keep skin looking young...
i use isotrex mainly for the DEEP black heads i get, its the only thing that keeps them away

also the glycolic acid comes in different strenghs, i started at 30% and now use 50%

vit c serum ive heard great things about... http://www.buzzle.com/articles/vitamin-c-face-cream.html
THIS IS A LINK TO MAKE YOUR OWN VIT C FACE CREAM, i plan on making my own soon

T

tavia

ive been trying to find a forum that was posted some where its got loads of threads about anti-aging products/routines etc... hmmmmwhat the heck is it called???????

T

tavia

do you use sunscreen debs ??
i get a factor 50 on prescription, i love the stuff now, although i do love a dark tan../im mixed race and a light bronze colour... so now i use fake tan to make myself a little darker but dont think i would ever sunbathe again..

i go crazy slopping the stuff under my eyes lol.... sometimes ive put so much on i sweat and it goes in my eyes,, but mabe thats me being a bit toooooo sun safe lol

wannabecee

do you use a moisturizer underneath the retin-a? that helps a lot. also do make sure it is a pea-sized drop.....real small.

if you still get irritated and yeah, you don't want that - it is aging, switch to a weaker strength. If even the lowest strenght retin-a is too strong, try retinol products.

hth

secret

Hey,

i use a lot of Avons products(mostly makeup) mainly because my best friends get avon magazine for free :D yay. Heres a link to the avon products they have alot of new firming cream and stuff.
http://www.myvirtualpaper.com/doc/avon/bqzho4ge4zdmq48/2010041201/?_rpd=tZ2NJjZf&_br=e6Ae

Hope this helps

Paloma

Hey DeeDee, how about using some of that kilegia africana stuff? I see it's supposed to firm face skin as well as tatas.

TT and Wannnabecee - thanks for the tips, I'll try that.