"For ac818" - Re. my experiences with Brava

A

annie

Hi ac818,

I thought I'd start a new topic as I think Lucy wants us to avoid new threads on the Stats Section.
I grew 1.25 inches during my 10 weeks of Brava and, on average, I wore the system between 13-14 hours per night, without ever missing a session. The reason I was unable to continue was because I consistently experienced very bad skin reactions:- chaffing, blisters, broken skin and bleeding. I remember having to patch myself up every evening with an assortment of bandages and plasters covered with micropore surgical tape before putting on the domes. I held out like this for as long as I could because I was determined to complete the minimum weartime requirement which, at that stage in 2003, Brava said was 10 weeks. I found the best thing to use to try to heal my skin during these times was good old-fashioned Vaseline, but you might want to try E45 and Hc45, which Brava recommended to me. Others have also had good results from using Sudocrem antiseptic healing cream. When I had almost completed the 10 weeks, Brava became aware of people using 3M Cavilon Barrier Film as a skin prep before pumping and suggested I tried this too. This was an excellent find, as it created a really tight seal and dried immediately on contact with skin and because it is designed to be used to protect 'bottom skin' for those suffering from incontinence (nobody said natural breast enhancement was going to be glamorous!) it did form a good coating on the skin to protect against trauma. Although it was expensive, I strongly recommend this to you and, maybe, if I had used this from the beginning, I would have had an easier time of it regarding skin problems.
As to whether I retained my 1.25" growth, I can say that after 3 weeks of completing Brava it was looking good and I hadn't lost anything. However, 4 weeks after completion I had lost a quarter of an inch and then a further quarter of an inch at 5 weeks. At this point I was quite disillusioned and stopped measuring myself, but certainly within 6 months, I was holding on to half an inch at the most. Five years later and before starting Noogleberry, I would say I maintained this half inch growth only when I managed to keep my weight up, but I am naturally slim and if I'm rushing around a lot or feeling stressed I drop weight very quickly, and unfortunately, that can include that precious half an inch of breast growth!
I hope you are not disheartened by reading this. I should stress that this is just my experience and if you read around on this and other breast forums there are lots of girls who have had positive experiences with Brava and are maintaining their growth. Another thing to add is that my skin is fair and delicate and prone to bruising and marking easily, so I was a prime candidate for skin problems. Hopefully you will be more fortunate.
So, good luck ! I really hope Brava works out for you and keep in mind you can always try Noogleberry or a combination of the two if it doesn't. I have certainly found Noogleberry to be a complete walk in the park compared to Brava. Please feel free to ask me any more questions. I'm happy to help, though I don't always have access to a computer.

Love Annie

K

kultzu

Hi annie,

thank you for sharing your experience to all of us here :D.

Looking back a year ago, I nearly bought brava as well but couldn't believe I could commit to it. Right now I am happy with NB and have grown from A to C.

Very glad I found NB ;D.
Kultzu

C

catsrule

Annie: Seriously, if you did ANORTHER Brava session, I bet that you would get really GREAT results.since you responded so well the 1st time, WOW, each time thereafter gets better! Your body knows what to do now, so to speak, and it responds with better results........I really believe that this could be a good thing to consider! I was nearly flat as a board, but not now! Now I'm not bragging that I am a C cup, but even so, I am a really full A, looking toward a small B with my NB pump, and hopefully full B by the winter if I continue with this pump, and 1 more stint with Brava........and then continue indefinitely with NB!! Thats my plan for now.......each time we use the NB pump, we add on to what we gained from the last session...same with Brava.

good luck! But I know, some say they HATED brava...too long of a commitment............that never botherd me!! To each his own, I suppose! (or in our case, her own)

A

ac818

thank you all so very much!

i feel so lucky to come across NB forum, we have so many nice and caring ladies here, even for my other system,brava,i could get so many really useful tips at the beginning of my 'journey'...i visited the brava forum at about.com....but it's a bit of negative air there and the layout of the forum is not really user-friendly in my opinion....

i also agree that long overnight wearing plus a bit of a top-up will just get the job done for our boobs...like catsrule said, one continuous session of overnight wearing per year plus the very now and then pumping top up will keep our boobs alive always and will avoid sagging as well, i believe...a good maintainence work just like what we do for our face and the rest of our bodies...

and we are all fortunate that we find out about this one very thing for our boobs as well, a simple, healthy way to do good to ourselves.

thank you all again!

:)

C

catsrule

yes, it is not user-friendly.......they changed the format just this year, and it is a pain! But there is alot of good tips there, if you can read through the complaining crap...........I never joined that forum because it seemed so hostile, for ex: if someone wrote in with good results, someone was real quick to jump on them and say nasty stuff...........quite odd.........but i stayed in "the background", cheerfully wearing my Brava domes with no regrets, and gained some useful information...........it's also a mind thing........what you put out in the universe comes back to you..........that works either way..good stuff or bad stuff..you choose............i TRY to choose the good stuff..........but we all have bad days sometimes, ya know..thats why it's great to come here for advice, and support.....good day to everyone!

keeppumping!!!!

F

fattilicious

Thank you for your posts ladies.

I've had very little experience with either systems. I bought Brava 10 years ago, but then passed it along to a friend, because I didn't have teh tiem committment... little did I know that some ladies use the domes without the smart box (manually pump out the air just like in NB).

I then bought the system again on ebay, but I would never get suction. I tried everything from using aloe vera gel to "it Stays" roll on body adhesive. but i would get a leak withing seconds and feel that I'm losing pressure. That is the risk with buying used domes. I think their life was spent and were not useful anymore at the time I purchased them.

I then bought the NB system. I found it extremely difficult on my chest. It hurt the bones of my ribcage and also needed constant pumping action.

I have now bought a new set of brava domes from the company itself (only $329 from the manufacturer- but that's only if you have purchased the system from them initially) and I plan to manually suck out the air (not use the smart box). Does anyone have any suggestions? I would like to keep the integrity of silicone rings intact so that I don't experience the same problems as my used set of domes...

It's frustrating to find something that works! :(

Hello fattilicious,

I use the NB pump w Brava domes. It works pretty well as long as you don't overpump IMO. This may allow enough suction to get a hold and get them to stay rather than the smart box which isn't all that much suction.

Catsrule- I agree about that hostile system. If one could really use Brava for ONE session for ONLY ten weeks, soooo many fewer people would buy implants and it would be more popular. They don't want to say but it takes longer it seems for many and maintainence is key. But I think maintenance is ok for something that's worth it; better than being flat or fake IMO! I really compare those complainers to people who are like, "I've done this diet for a week and then two weeks later I gained my weight back!".

F

fattilicious

DollyAmbition said:
Hello fattilicious,

I use the NB pump w Brava domes. It works pretty well as long as you don't overpump IMO. This may allow enough suction to get a hold and get them to stay rather than the smart box which isn't all that much suction.

Catsrule- I agree about that hostile system. If one could really use Brava for ONE session for ONLY ten weeks, soooo many fewer people would buy implants and it would be more popular. They don't want to say but it takes longer it seems for many and maintainence is key. But I think maintenance is ok for something that's worth it; better than being flat or fake IMO! I really compare those complainers to people who are like, "I've done this diet for a week and then two weeks later I gained my weight back!".

Thank you for your repy DollyAmbition! :)

Sorry what does IMO stand for? My other question for you is what do you use to prep your skin before placing the Brava domes? Thank you soooo much! :)

My new Brava domes should be arriving in a few days and I want to make sure I have all the accesory items to start pumping! Also how do you lock the air from the tubes? Do you keep the pump attaqched or do you remove the pump and clamp the tube?

Hello fattilicious,

I use Smith and Nephew No-Sting Skin Prep Wipes- cheapest place I found em was the Diabetes Association (don't have to have diabetes to buy from them). I take a shower, use No moisturizer, then wipe one around both boobs. I use a binder clip as an airlock, one that looks like this:

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/808865/OIC-Medium-Binder-Clips-1-14/;jsessionid=0000SwRVQ-tuAoafc9eoSvgYyzd:13ddq0ud1?cm_mmc=Mercent-_-Google-_-Basic_Supplies-_-808865

and IMO= in my opinion :)

Good luck, hope your domes arrive quickly!

F

fattilicious

DollyAmbition,

Could you please give me the link to the page where I can buy the No-Sting Prep wipes? I've been searching for them on the diabetes.org site and haven't been getting anywhere for the last 20 minutes.

Thank you DollyA! (you can call me fatti for short :)

May I ask, how's your journey with Brava been like in terms of wearing times, growth? Have you ever had to change your domes (The sales rep told me they are only good for 8wks), and what do you use to wash your domes?

Thank you for your replies!
fatti

Hello fatti,

Here is the link:

http://www.americandiabeteswholesale.com/product/smith-nephew-no-sting-skin-prep-wipes_17.htm?source=GoogleBase&zmam=69792428&zmas=1&zmac=2&zmap=W4056511673

If you find a better deal, pleeeaaaase let me know!
I started with 34" across bust, and wore 32B. Now I'm 36-37, and 34C seems to work out pretty well. Today I'm 37 but I think part of that is because I'm about to have my period and I always swell (too bad it always goes down!). It's been 7-8 months now. I think I used Brava without NB pump for two months, and bought NB mostly for a vacation because I was so scared to miss any days and a) NB is less expensive so I'm only loosing $60 or so if something happens to it rather than loosing $850 or so for Brava, and b) because a manual pump is far less sketchy to security people than the smartbox of Brava. I bought NB domes for this as well. Before my vacation, I also got the "it stays" which I think I learned about through Brav-arg. On vacation, I used the XL nb domes and double sided poster tape and it stays. I got hickey marks from trying too hard! I did not sleep with the NB domes, just used an hour per day or so. When I got home I continued with Brava. At this point I was using it stays on Brava domes too. I asked the Brava coach about it and she said she never heard of it. Besides this, I found her to be extremely helpful After about four months of 8 hours of Brava on weekdays and 10-12 on weekends, I thought, wait maybe I should use the NB pump to get a bit more suction. I'm still getting about the same amount of hours, 8-10 on weekdays and 10-12 sometimes more on weekends. If we have guests over I don't bother though. It seems like I may have plateaued a couple months ago because I cannot consistently get above 36.25. At other points in the past couple months I have been 37, like almost 12 hours after I last pumped. But then a few days later, not much above 36! My theory was that I'm having a hard time moving up because I think this is about the most I've ever been "stretched" out as I used to be heavier and 36 was my bust measurement then. I'm happy with it even if I don't grow more but afraid to slow down for fear of shrinking in the wrong places! I used to just use the wide large brava domes, but recently bought the xtra lrg wide domes. because I was touching the side toward the end. The problem with the new domes, which I'm still trying to find ways to deal with, is that the sides cave it! So, I'm still using the large quite often. My hope is that once I figure the xl's out it will give me the needed boost to move up a bit so I can feel more comfortable slowing down to just maintenance mode. Oh, I haven't run out of the dome cleaner kit that comes with the original package for cleaning the domes. I wash every day, just using 2-4 squirts (1-2 on each dome); I get the rim wet, then spray the 1-2 squirts, wipe it around with wet fingers, then dry the inside with a bit of toilet paper. I've heard of others using baby shampoo. I'm thinking of using antiseptic wound wash from a pharmacy once I run out. How has your NBE journey been? Any matter, good luck in continueing! I'm happy to help with anything else and I look forward to reading about your progress :)

F

fattilicious

Thank you for all that Info Dollyambition! :)

My new brava domes arrived yesterday!! I was so excited! The seal was soo goood, I kept the NB pump attached in case I lost a little pressure through the night, but to my surprise I didn't have to pumps so much.

I aslo ordered the No sting prep wipes from the site you provided the link for. I haven't seen them sold for any cheaper either. :)

I will defintely keep you posted with my progress! I was so excited lastnight I didn't even take my bust measurement before starting. I'll do that tonight.

I wanted to ask you about the double sided tape. What do you use that for exactly?

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!! :D

fatti

yay! So exciting!

I used likea squishy tape (kinda cushiony) when I used the NB domes. I don't use anything like this on bravas.

Can't waut ti hear about your progress :)

F

fattilicious

Hi DollyAmbition,

I've used my new Brava domes for 3 days now. i wanted to ask you, what is the best way to put them on to ensure the best possible seal. I am noticing a loss in pressure with time, and I'm having to repump more often. I just put my brava domes on now and they have curled in on the outer sides (perhaps of too much pressure?). I try not to touch the tacky part of the silicone with my fingers so as to have a good seal.

thanks!

fatti

Hello!

Well at least for me I have to touch the tacky part; I have to kind of flare it out so they stay better. Whether the domes are still sticky or you are using It Stays, you are going to have sticky hands! This is why I put 'em on in the bathroom. This is waht the video/coach reccomend as well, meaning fanning the silicone out. If you bought new domes, I'm sure they would like mind sending you the newest DVD; they should be understanding as you paid more for Brava back in the day as compared to what it costs now, so it's only fair that they provide you with the latest video. I mean, they have updated a lot of things, for example, they used to tell ppl to change the filter every two weeks, now they give you ten filters, and reccomend that you label them with days of the week, switch daily, and you have the three extras for back up if somethign happens to the others. The filters are only used with the smart box.

In terms of loosing suction, this just naturally happens I think. When I use the NB pump (adn I'm awake) I will periodically notice that I don't have as much suction as I think I do. Now I'm finding mysefl switching back adn forth btwn my large (old) domes and the new xl domes; I'd forgotten how much the new tacky junk irritates my skin! And I don't have a good grasp for how much suction feels appropriate yet with the new domes, so I'm using the Smart Box a lot on the days I use XL domes, even when awake. If you still have your smart box I'd reccomend using it. One time I thought I broke mine (dropped it and it wouldn't turn on) and I called them, and they helped me make a simple fix. Let me know through here or a PM if you still have yours and think it's broke and I'll forward you the message they sent me because it worked!
BTW for me, after I use the new tacky domes and wash, I like to use hydroxy cream (something liek that). It helpes taht acne stuff clear.

Hope this helps and that you enjoy your new domes!