Got my NB in the mail today...YIPEEE!!! HELP ?'s

D

Dixieland

Hey eveyone,
I just wanted to let everyone know that I got my NB in the mail today ;D ;D....but the large are way tooooo big for my body. I e-mailed Lucy and she said she would sell me the mediums...So anyway the bright side is, while I am waiting for the mediums...I will have to do one breast at a time...my 1st ? is, do I do the same number of pumps on each side, because it seemed to me that my right side took more pumps to stay attached than my left side did...is this normal? Actually I had a hard time keeping either side to keep pumped up. Another question...how do you get your nipple in the center of the cup? Oh, also, I have patechiae all over each breast but I didn't over pump, just enough to keep the seal. Should I pump tomorrow or wait until all the patechiae goes away?
Thanks everyone! ;)
Dixieland

R

roxybright

Dixie: What is "patechiae" ?
I got my pump yesterday, I ordered the medium and large (just in case) and I pumped with the mediums. Everything went pretty good. The only thing was that my chest felt really tight...did you feel that pressure too?
I got a little swelling, enough to make me totally happy my first time pumping that's for sure!
And when I was pumping last night, I noticed that one boob would be more pumped up then the other, the tubes were all connected right and tight. I put olive oil all over my chest area and afterwards put lavender oil on, and I didn't get any spots or redness or any kind (hope it goes that well, everytime I pump)
Did you get any swelling Dixie? Did you get the soft rings that go over the cups?

T

tpurple

I'm a new user too. had a hard time at first getting the cups on with two hands and then holding the pump at the same time took a little practice I i seem to have it down now. My nipple were not centered at first either, I have been using the pump now for 6 days and they are now centered in the domes when I pump. I noticed when I keep the system on without breaking the seal for a full 45 minutes I get swelling. If I break the seal and completely There is little swelling. I pump till it is pretty tight then hold for a few minutes , then I release a little air to allow for new blood flow then I pump again till it is tight and hold for 45 minutes.
After six days I noticed they are much fuller but no size increase. I wear my bra now a notch looser for comfort.

D

Dixieland

Roxy and tpurple,
I can only do one breast at a time...but that is better than nothing. Although I have to use so much suction that I have patechiae all over my breasts. It is little blood spots that have come up into the hair follicle, probably due to the suction and pressure. I haven't heard from Lucy, so I don't know what is happening on that end of getting the mediums.

Thanks tpurple, I will try and do suction then let some out and then suction again. I haven't done more than 10 minutes because they all say to work your way up to longer time.

Roxy, yes I did notice a slight swelling afterwards but it went down soon after. I don't know how to get rid of the patechiae though, and I don't want to make it worse. Have any suggestions? I use Nivea Q10 moisturizing lotion, before and after. Yes, I definitely felt the pressure, especially on my sternum, and the muscles above...YIKES!!! :eek:

Good luck noogling girls!!! ;D
Dixieland

F

frostedmint06

It's best to take a day or two off from pumping when you get red dots. They'll go away on their own. Try to go a little gentler when pumping-that seems to work for me. Best of luck.

D

Dixieland

frostedmint06,
I only did a few minutes this morning. But I was still too tender. So I am going to wait until tomorrow to try again, those large are huge and I have a really hard time getting suction to hold even with the foam rings.
Thanks for your help ;D I really appreciate it. Is there anything else I can do to make them go away faster? I thought about rubbing alcohol, that is what my mom used to put on my little sister when she would get them on her arms and legs.
Dixieland

F

frostedmint06

I hadn't heard of using alcohol for red dots before but if you think it might help go for it! It still wouldn't hurt to skip a day or so especially since you're just starting out. Maybe pump only every other day until the medium cups arrive. Hope that helps and best of luck!

R

Rafferty

Hi Dixie, just thought I would add my 2 cents in. I have been using the pump now for 3 weeks and I had really bad patechiae all over my breasts. Just the last 2 days though it has almost gone, so maybe its just something that happens when you first start out. I pump one at a time coz I can't do both at the same time and I pump and hold for for 30 mins each side. I get a little swelling that lasts only a minute or so. I am trying to fit another session in as well. Hope this helps.

R

roxybright

Dixieland:
I use olive oil and it works FANTASTIC! Then when I take the domes off I don't rub the olive oil off I keep it on, and then apply lavender oil. Lavender oil is absolutely wonderful! I buy it at a herbal store here in my town and I use it for just about every ailment. Yesterday after pumping, I noticed I had in between my boobs a few pimple-like sores, I applied the lavender oil on it and today I don't see them or feel them! That's how great the oil is and that's why I keep a bottle of it around at ALL times! You should really try it for your patechiae.
It couldn't hurt. Hope this helps!
And good luck on your pumping today!

D

Dixieland

frostedmint06,
Thanks, I tried for about 5-8 minutes on each breast this morning. My dome is still sliding away from cleavage area....don't know how to stop it from doing that either. The rubbing alcohol did take some of them away, and some of the soreness. So, I will try again tonight. Thanks for replying :)

Rafferty,
I don't know if I am ready for 30 minutes yet. What size domes are you using? I have a hard enough time keeping those large things to keep suction...I can't wait until I get my mediums, I hope they work better and stay where I put them..hehehe ;) Thanks for replying.

Roxy,
Thanks, I will look at my health food store and see if they carry lavender oil. I like to try and use natural products whenever possible. Thanks for replying.

Hope all of you are doing well on your noogling ;D
Dixieland

R

Rafferty

Hey Dixieland, I am using the large cups. I am only a barely there B cup. I did get the mediums at first but they cut off half my boobs! (width ways that is, there was plenty depth in them though). So I got large ones and at first had a fair bit of trouble keeping them on. I use good old sorbolene cream on my breasts when putting the cups on. I don't have any trouble at all keeping them on now but I can't use both at the same time. My patechiae has completely dissapeared now. I have noticed a slight difference. My breast seem a little bit fuller, no size change yet, but its only been 3 weeeks. Hope you have some luck soon.
Raff

D

Dixieland

Rafferty,
How long have you been noogling? And how long before you noticed that your Patechiae was gone? I get really red too...not just patechiae, but red from the rim and everything that gets "sucked up" into the cup. They also try to move up high and sideways under the arms...I am not very wide across so that has been a challenge to keep them in the place I put them because they are so big. Have any advice for me?
Dixieland

R

Rafferty

Dixieland, I have been going for 3 weeks only. I get red marks where the rings go too but are gone within about an hour. My breast gets red too but once I take the cups off it generally goes within a few minutes. As for the patechiae, mine went away but just yesterday I pumped a bit too hard and now have it back again. It seems to go in a couple of days. I guess we just have to back off the pumping a bit. I get a bit too eager! Have you got the cup rings? They might help plug the gaps and get a nice seal. I am slim but have quite a wide chest so dont really have too much trouble with the wide cups. They seem huge. I think it will be a while before I grow out of mine. My nipples still arent centrered in the cup. Not sure why I can't get that right. Sorry I'm not much help.

R

roxybright

Dixie:
Did you get the soft foam rings to go around your cups??? I don't have any problems with ring marks or things sliding, my pumping goes very smoothly (besides the tightness in my chest) If you didn't order the soft foam rings, maybe you should look into that, their very comfortable!

D

Dixieland

Rafferty and Roxy,
Maybe I am just having to pump to hard to keep the large domes on, maybe mine will get better when I get the medium cups. Yes, I did get the foam rings, but they tend to suck out from under them on different spots, like under my breast. I think the sliding may be due to the lotion and the fact that I am very bony...LOL ;D My ring marks are gone withing an hour or so after pumping, but the reddish hickey marks stay reddish all the time, the patechiae is starting to go away alittle at a time. Lucy e-mailed me about maybe trying some Vitamin E cream, so I am going to pick that up at Wally world today when I go into town. My nipples still aren't centered, well they start out that way until the cup start to slide around...thanks for replying, we have to help eachother, that is part of what I like about this site....
Keep up the googling :eek:
Dixieland

H

hbower1987

Hey, I am pretty new to using the NB system so I will just give you some advice based on my experience. When I first got the system it was hard for me to keep both cups on, I had to hold them while trying to pump. After about 3-4 days I only had to hold them on for the first couple of minutes and then the suction kept them on as long as I didn't move too much. It's almost been a month now and both cups stay on with no problem even if I do some small movements.
I also got those red dots you were talking about during my second week of pumping, but I just kept pumping (a little gentler) and they seem to have gone away. I haven't had any now for about 4-5 days. I have started using some Victoria Secret lotion and that has seemed to help with both the suction and the dots.
I hope you get your Medium cups soon as this will probably help.
Keep pumping and keep us updated on your progress!