Help double pumping XL's

Questing

Hello lovely Noogleberrys, how are you?

I had a bit of a sesh today trying different ways to keep the XL cups on to double pump, including the yoga mat method, without suction rings, flatty's video, different positions etc. Nothing worked at all, it was all so frustrating! I've got a 29" rib measurement so I'm fairly disadvantaged in the first place.

Do any of you ladies have any tricks to help them stay on together or am I doomed to a life of single-pumping?!

brandy215

I'm not sure if you could get this to work or not, but it might be worth a try. I'm using a bulb pump instead of the NB pump and do this. But is it possible for you to hold the pump sideways between your knees and position the domes with both hands? That way you could get your initial suction hands free while getting them into the right position.

Teeny Tiny

The easiest way to double pump would be to pinch off one tube while you pump the other one, then pinch off the one that's pumped so it doesn't lose suction and pump the other one. Or do what others do and use the airlocks on each one individually, that way you can pump one, airlock it, then pump the other, airlock it, then you can remove the pump and leave it disconnected until you're ready to pump them some more. Or you can use what I use, which is check valves I buy in the fish section of the pet section at Wal-Mart. I use a small piece of tubing to run from the dome to a plastic 1/4 inch tubing elbow connector I buy at Lowe's in the landscaping department, then I run another small piece down from the tubing connector to the check valve. Then I attach a longer piece to the pump which I attach to the bottom of the check valves, pump one up, disconnect the pump with the longer tube attached, do the same with the other one, then disconnect and set the pump aside out of the way till I'm ready to top them off. You just have to be careful not to over pump when using the check valve method because you can't just push the little button on the pump to relieve the pressure because the valves keep the air from going back in. If you should over pump you can either pull the valve off to relieve the pressure or do what I do and just use a finger under the edge of the dome to release the domes from your chest.

Hope this helps! :D

that1spaztichik

I agree with Tiny...try clamping one side, pump one dome on, clamp it, then pump the other dome on without releasing the first dome. Also, try pumping with your large domes for a bit, fill those, then pump on the XL's, that seems to help. I also found that in the beginning, I could ONLY get the domes on laying down, and now I can either pump laying down or standing/sitting up, but never propped up on a pillow or something...I think it has to do with the angle. I too have a small ribcage (30") and I find that the domes BARELY fit me, so I'm sure you're having an even harder time. I can do it a LOT easier now, I think it's just practice and a little creativity. Good luck!

xxbabygirlxx

brandy215 said:
I'm not sure if you could get this to work or not, but it might be worth a try. I'm using a bulb pump instead of the NB pump and do this. But is it possible for you to hold the pump sideways between your knees and position the domes with both hands? That way you could get your initial suction hands free while getting them into the right position.

what is a bulb pump? ???