Help! I can't get the cups to stop farting!

ferriprincess

I have tried vitamin E oil, palmers breast cream but the domes won't stay attached to my chest. They keep farting air. What am I doing wrong? I just got my Noogleberry today.

dminer84

Fulfilling a dream...
There could be many things amiss such as positioning, cup size to chest, breast size, etc. Without specifics, no one will be able to be specific. :)

But as I had this problem when I started, I have a few ideas to overcome it. I am assuming you've ordered domes of reasonable size for your chest.

It is common to have sealing problems when you first start off. In many cases, it is just a need to practice and learn. Do yourself a favor and remove one dome from the Y connector and attach it to the pump directly. First, get the hang of getting one dome to seal properly.

The idea is to try having your nipple close to "center" of the dome once pumped. Due to the dynamics of your skin, rib structure and fat; this can be a tricky thing to do without just trial and error. But in the meantime, just place the dome over your breast with the nipple centered within the opening. Gently press down on the dome to have all parts of the cup making firm contact with skin (use a light oil or lotion to help).

Now, if you're completely flat like I was ... this could be tricky especially if you got a bit oversized on the dome. You may have to move more on your side to make contact. Once you have a good contact, you'll pump with the other hand until you feel a mild but solid pulling on your skin (probably in the cup 1" or so). Practice this attachment until you can do it quickly and as close to centered. Do this to *both* breasts as it will cause mild swelling.

Eventually, you'll learn to do both at the same time. Again, trying to position with the nipple's eventual destination being centered in the dome and if possible, having the domes close together near your sternum.

Just keep trying and practicing, it took me nearly 3 days to get one dome to stay on when I removed my hand. By the end of week 2, I was moving the cup off my side towards my sternum and trying to get the 2nd dome on. It was nearly a month before I could do both -- but I had to be immobile. Here I am now putting both on with my eyes closed and able to do dishes, vacuuming, laundry, etc without much fuss. It just takes time to practice, build up some volume and a desire to succeed.

Be sure to reseach on this forum, lots of tidbits and tricky and motivation. You'll likely not understand alot of it but you'll learn the more you read and join in the conversations.

DJ

AswannabeCs

Hi, I started with medium domes about a month ago and had the same problem. I think mine were farting off b/c I didnt have enough breast tissue to get sucked into the domes and air bubbles would always occur because of it. Which resulted in the farting sound of air escaping through the emptiness of whT should be breast tissue My tip to u would be to try and pump a bit harder than u have been. But not too hard, as long as it doesnt hurt you i think u shld be fine. Atleast for the first 5 minutes or so it will hold them on better and as ur breast swell you will no longer have the problem. And definitely make sure to use a lot of lotion. I just use cocoa butter lotion works good for me.

Xiao_hoa

Stay positive
My domes fart the most when I done have enough oil or cream and when I don't have my breasts position evenly. You can try lying down to get the domes suctioned on till you get the hang of it. If it still doesn't work, I guess it could be possible that the domes are the wrong size for your measurements. Try different things and see what works for you.

Jenni

Making sure to use enough oil is a big help. I also get better suction when I lean forward a little. Juggling the domes can be a little tricky too. You could always pump them one at a time, using binder clips on the ends of the tubes.

ferriprincess

Thank You All So Much for the handy tips. Using just one dome at a time worked! I also seemed to have ordered the wrong size. My bra size is a 36c. I don't fill out on the top anymore after losing 30lbs. And they have also gotten saggy and look like someone let the air out of them. I thought the large domes would be big enough. Once I got the dome to stay on and actually pump it up, my nipple almost closed off the suction. The base of the domes are also not quite wide enough I have to smoosh and squish my boob into the dome. This is such a wonderful forum. Thank you again!

Hugs,
ferriprincess

dminer84

Fulfilling a dream...
Well if you're smooshing into the large then I think you need to look at the Contoured Large (CL)). The base is bigger and it is much deeper. Granted, you can still learn and practice with the large and get some fullness by playing around. However, if you're trying to capture lost capture and shape then you'll need more room to expand.

DJ