Help! Think I ordered wrong cup size

Nikkigirl

Hi all! Placed my order on June 21. It's still in the process of getting here. I had emailed Noogleberry about helping determine which cup size I should order and gave them every measurement imaginable and they said to go with medium cups, which at the time, I agreed. So I ordered Medium Contoured.

Well, of COURSE, AFTER I placed the order is when I found posts that link to where the actual measurements are for the domes (the diameter and height). So, here it goes:

Medium domes:
Base Diameter- 11 cm (4.33 inches)
Height- 11 cm (4.33 inches)

Large domes:
Base Diameter- 13 cm (~5.12 inches)
Height- 13 cm (~5.12 inches)

Here are my measurements:

Band size: 28 inches (71.12 cm)
Bust at nipples: 31.5 inches (80.01 cm)
Top of bust: 30.5 inches (77.47 cm)
Diameter of EACH breast (side to side across nipple): 6.5 inches (16.51 cm)
From bottom of areola to bottom crease of breasts: 2 inches (5.08 cm)

So, I could be wrong (please tell me if I am), but I've been going through this forum reading a ton about everything and I've read several times that if the breasts rub against the sides of the domes, then you won't be pumping effectively and/or your progress will be slower. So, since the diameter of one of my breasts is already 2.17 inches (5.5 cm) wider than the diameter of the domes I ordered, didn't I order too small of domes?

And since the difference between my band size and bust size is 3.5 inches (8.89 cm), isn't the height of the domes not tall enough for me at 4.33 inches (11 cm)?

Any input is incredibly appreciated :)

dminer84

Fulfilling a dream...
This is a fairly typical reaction as the sizing information is pretty "generic" since the domes have to fit so many body types and breast sizes.

However, I just wanted to point out your mixing up your dimension when comparing bust measurement to dome depth. It isn't one-to-one as there is a projection aspect (welcome to geometry!). Without a couple of pics (front, side, profile), it can be pretty hard to get sizing from just numbers.

But I'm am inclined to agree that mediums will be small on you quickly if not immediately. For a 28in band, medium is typical when AA-A cup but you seem to be a bit larger which moves you into large domes (even CL if really stretchy). Still, you may find a use for them like I have even with 39" band and 44" bust. They are *really* small on me but I still cannot fill them since I lack protrusion. See how it is tough to judge? :)

As for touching the sides, I hope you're taking this out of context otherwise I would have to take the poster to task for such an inappropriate generality. Building breast tissue appears to happens in two dimensions (width and depth to label them). But in fact, the gland itself grows near the chest wall on the very edges.

Thus in my opinion, you want your domes wide enough to be close the edges of the breasts and then suction to pull as much into it as possible. So, if you're trying to add protrusion then touching sides is *going* to happen. If you're trying for fullest and spread then you'll want to keep the breasts off the sides.

I need both aspects and thus I do things with both types of sizing when I can. However even with XL, my breasts touch the sides to some degree. So, you'll never get away from that completely.

Hope this helps,
DJ

Nikkigirl

Wow! Thank you for that info!! I really appreciate it. Yeah, I wanted to upload pics of my bust from different angles, but my hard drive crashed, so I'm having to just use the Internet on my phone until its fixed.

According to this site, http://www.brasizecalculator.tk/
I'm a 28DD or it's sister size 30D, which sounds nuts for as small busted as I am, but a 28DD is a FAR cry from, say, a 36DD. NOW I understand why none of my bras have fit correctly. I'm still a member of the itty bitty titty committee :)

I agree with you saying it'll be a tight fit quickly, so I'll order larger domes this week. And I may have taken that statement out of context (I didn't mean to if I did), they may have been talking about trying to grow in different ways (outward, wide, etc), like you mentioned.

So, if you don't mind me asking, what would you say the different benefits are for Large and Countoured Large? I'm just assuming I'd need Countoured Large since, even though I have small breasts, the outline of them goes up pretty high on my chest and my breasts are rather wide? Not full, but have a wide shape to them.

James

My 2 cents is that the CL cups would fit better simply because you have a small chest, and they are contoured. They are about the same diameter as the L cups.

dminer84

Fulfilling a dream...
The L and CL are rather different in construction. The L follows the main series in style with a eggshell like shape and a thick rim at the opening. The CL reminds me more of a narrowed neck vase. It is a bit longer than the L and the opening tapers wide with much thinner plastic (I have both domes).

I agree with James that a CL would be better as it would sit on your ribs much better. However, the CL needs careful handling as they are more prone to cracking.

As for bra calculators, I've not found one that is worth paying any attention. They work with far too little information to find the breast volume and very generic sizing. For example, many would say I'm at ~40C due to the 39" under, 44" over. Ha! I'm an A and even that depends on the maker. A Playtex and "I'm Meimei" bra are wildly different sizes in 38A.

Hope this helps,
DJ

Nikkigirl

Thanks y'all! I appreciate it! I'll probably order CL like you both suggested then.

Just got my pump today! YAAAAY!! And just finished pumping for the first time. I will DEFINATELY need bigger domes soon. But these will work until the new ones get here :) I did 7:2 three times. Got some swelling! Mild, but absolutely noticeable :) Encouraging!

Nikkigirl

As far as the bra sizing goes, I hear ya! I'm going to have to go to one of the stores around here that sell sizes 28, 30, 32 and on and just go nuts in the dressing room for a while until I find the perfect fit :) Still wish I could upload pics. Hopefully soon

dminer84

Fulfilling a dream...
That's great news. Nice and easy for the first two weeks as you're learning to juggle and judge things. I remember my first attempts... I got XLs using my chest size which IMHO for males is a big mistake. It took like 30 minutes to get the first suction success (for a few seconds too!).

Make this a habit and heap on a load of patience and you too can be the proud owner of a new bra buster set. :) For myself, I got the "over the shoulder boulder holder" and now just working on the boulders.

DJ

Nikkigirl

Haha! I can't WAIT for boulders :)

So, when you say take it nice and easy, I know I shouldn't jump right into hour long sessions twice a day. But what do you think about the 7 min hold and 2 min break three times in a row, twice a day? For like the first week, then add another 7:2 for the second week? I'm making sure to lube up the girls very well with avacado oil or flaxseed oil during pumping and rubbing on Vit E afterwards. I also do a heating pad for 10 min, then the inward deer rotation massage (with oil) for about 10 min before starting to pump.

dminer84

Fulfilling a dream...
Sounds like you got a solid plan to me. As for the 7:2 method, I think it is fine but for myself I found it a bit too short so I go with 10:5 ot 15:5 and I do mix in pump and hold as well. My main goal is to prevent my body from "adjusting" to the vacuum. So vary it alot within those guides.

As for the "easy" part of nice and easy, I'm also talking about the pressure used. In the first 2 weeks, you want to condition your skin and muscles with a mild and gradually increasing pressure to a gentle "tugging" on your breast. There should be no pain but maybe mild discomfort at worse. If there is pain, 99% of the time you'll find it is positioning that is the culprit.

3x 7:2 is a great starting point but I would add a rep about every other day until you hit 6-8 reps total. When you combine this with gradual pressure increases, you'll hit your initial limit in about 2 weeks without risking injury.

At this point, it is matter of repetition and contining to increase pressure when the domes get "comfortable". You'll need to experiment but that's pretty much it. Pump, massage, and rest. In the beginning, I would suggest doing this daily (twice if you can). Once you're getting to about 6 months into it and really applying alot of pressure then you can add a "break day" every couple days as the "rest stage".

And remember, patience. I'm about 8 months into my NBE and can touch my chin to my breasts (with effort) now from starting flat. Of course, along the way I felt like I wasn't growing.... Keep that in mind when you're sure nothing is happening. :)

DJ

Nikkigirl

You're so helpful! I appreciate that :)

Yeah, I haven't really been clocking it. But I agree, it feels like 7 min is too short. But I'm going to do what you say and keep mixing up the methods. Great idea! And good call on upping the reps every other day. Sounds much better than what I had in mind.

My boob skin is pretty stretchy already. I had amazing pregnant/lactating breasts just over 2 years ago. MAN!! Honestly didn't mind my little boobs too much until they went from tiny to HOLY SHIT! Serious. When my milk came in after birth, it looked like I just had a huge (too big) of a boob job for my body size. When they settled down, I was still about 3 to 4 times the size I am now. When they totally went away, I had the same exact boobs that I had pre-pregnancy. So, I'm very thankful and lucky they aren't sagging or deflated looking, and no stretch marks. But that is what changed my mind & since I had them, I felt like I could get them again :) But you can literally feel and pinch the loose skin now. Can't wait till these babies get pumped back up! WOOT WOOT!!

I'm taking it easy on the pressure right now. The only thing that is kind of uncomfortable (but totally bearable) is right underneath the boobs where the cup is sitting on my ribs.

Wow! That's awesome you went from flat to chin-boob touching in such a short time! That's inspiring!

dminer84

Fulfilling a dream...
Well, it sounds like you've got some good characteristics for great growth if you stick to it. Moms usually see good results. If you like you can use the GALLERY and/or STAT sections to start thread(s) about your journey as well. At first, everything seems so slow but once it is just a habit and you "do it" without much fuss -- the time starts to fly and little surprises happen. That's my experience anyway.

DJ

Nikkigirl

Thank you for your advice and help :) I started a program thread in the Stats section. I'll cross link it from the gallery section once I can upload my pics. My computer is being repaired. Already have amazing results, and I give all the credit to Noogleberry and maca! 3/4" in 2 weeks, measured exactly the same way (I'm OCD about that), it's no where near period swelling time and the measurement was taken 12 hours after noogling. So, I'm really excited!! Also gained 3/4" on upper butt/hips and 1/4" on lower butt :) I'm trying to turn from a petite ruler into a curvy firecracker!! :)