How to find out your True bra size!

xxkeeleyketxx

Ok girls so i know most of us havent a clue how to measure our cup size & i was very confused on how what was my real bra size.The online calculators give me different results...Anyways i found this site from the BBC & this so far has helped me find my true size: Measuring

Many guides say that measurement should be done with your bra on, but if you are currently wearing a bra that is too small then a measurement taken with it on will be inaccurate, since your breasts will be constricted. If your breasts are not too large then measurement is best undertaken bra-less. If they require some support then choose the bra with the least restrictive cups.

Using a soft tape-measure1, firstly measure around your chest under your bust, at the level where the lowest part of your bra should sit. Try not to let the tape slip down at the back; it needs to be level all the way along. Take this measurement (in inches): if it is even, add four, if it is odd, add five. The resulting number is your band size.

Next, measure around the fullest part of your breasts; don't squish them unless you want your bra to squish them too2. This measurement in inches is your bust size.

To obtain your cup size, subtract your band size from your bust size. If the two are the same, you are an A cup. If your bust size is one inch larger than your band size, you are a B cup, two inches larger and you are a C cup. This continues through the alphabet, though not in a strictly linear fashion, due to the presence of cup sizes such as DD.

Bras are bought by band size and cup size, for example 34B, 36C. Easy!

An example:
Underbust measurement of
29in. + 5in. = bra size 34
Overbust measurement of
34in. = Cup A

Anastasia916

This is the best way to measure, I do agree, but it depends on what brand of bras you are buying. This way of measuring where if you minus and get 0 it's an A, 1 is a B, 2 is a C... that's for UK brand bras, for USA brands like Victoria's Secret, Frederick's of Hollywood, even walmart type brands like Fruit of a Loom and Playtex, they should be done where when you subtract, if you get 0 or below that's a AA, 1 is an A, 2 is a B, 3 is a C, 4 is a D, etc. etc. I have no clue why UK and USA brands vary like this, but they do! Also this type of measuring isn't true for everything. I'm 27 or 28 inches underbust which makes me a 32 bandsize, I'm 36 1/4 inches on the bust. So in UK I should be a 32DD and in USA I should be a 32D, but a 32C fits just fine, and a 34B fits snug. Technically a 34C is the same size as a 32D, now I can wear the few 34C bras I have after I pump, but when the swelling goes down they are loose, they don't sell 32D's at the store here, so I would have to order them, but I doubt they would fit yet. So even with this way of measuring, it could be off, so I think it's just best to try bras on and see which one fits best because everyone's breasts are shaped different. I hope this helps.

sofia1

Hey Anastasia, i find that true with what you said about the US bras and cup sizes...

the part about the 34C = 32D, does that hold true for the other cup sizes like 34B = 32C and 34A = 32B? just wondering if that is a standard thing?

xxkeeleyketxx

Hi anastasia,
Yes i agree,im actually wearing a 34C bra at the moment & i recall you saying before it would be the same as wearing a 32D...I only wear it for my swelling but even when my swelling goes down i still fit into it ok (not as much cleavage)
I would say im definitely a 32C (uk size) ive bought a few different 32C bras & they all fit me well but so do 34B's lol..i guess if u lived in the uk you would probably be a 32DD!!
its weird how it works eh ;D

Anastasia916

Yea, my goal is a 32DD in US sizes, that would be like a 32F over there huh? lol that would be a ridiculously hard size to find lol even 32DD's are hard to find, I may end up wearing US size 34D's once I reach that goal.

Sofia, I think it all depends on the brand of the bra, the style, and if it's padded or not, all so confusing lol that's why I just go by how bras fit. Like right now I have a good amount of 32C bras and I have a couple 34B's that fit, the 32B's don't fit at all anymore. And my 4 34C bras fit even without swelling but the band is pretty loose without the swelling, but the cups fit, but like you without the swelling, no cleavage :( that's when I pop on a 32C or 34B and I get cleavage even without swelling :) I'm just waiting on the day that the 34C's become tight, that's when I'll order some 34D or 32DD bras.

T

tavia

that measurement makes me a 36, but 36 is just too big it makes me sag, lol this must of been the reason i was looking for size 36 in the shop (even though i dont own any 36bras)because i must have measured myself at some point and thought i was 36.. too loose

stretchy cupped 34Cs and normal 34Ds are perfect at the moment,

i was worried about having to buy a xxl because im filling the xl , but last night i lay on my back and that gave me tonnes of room to grow so im fine now, i just got make sure i pump on my back,
so im gonna buy an e cup to use as a goal ;D

Anastasia916

Wow TT I can't believe you are filling the XL's!!! Even sitting up, laying down, doesn't matter I barely swell inside mine lol are you doing something special? What's your secret woman!?

J

joanne

ide sure like to no to my boobs look tiny when i got my xls on filling them would be amazing!!!!!! ::)

T

tavia

lol sorry i meant to say nearly fill them,, but lying down really gives lots more room, i only fill half the cup when im laying down,

he he i honestly dont know what im doing, since using msm my boobs have definatly changed when it comes to the amount of swelling and epo has also boosted that, im also thinking more positivly which is always good ;D

T

tavia

the xls dont look big to me anymore either, i dont know what to do with my old large system, i might sell them on ebay, i kept them incase i needed them but i doubt thats gonna happen now

and ive reverted back to only pumping for about 40 mins a day

Anastasia916

Yea, I only get a max of an hour in a day now, the larges look small to me now lol strange isn't it? But the XL's I think will always look big haha, they are just ridiculously big in the way they stick out when on. I just started the EPO a few days ago, so too soon to tell if it's helping the boobs, but it seems to be helping me clear up my post menstrual cycle skin faster. It normally doesn't clear up till a week before my next period but all the zits that came up during my period are now gone! So heck, if it will only help my skin I'm happy with just that. If only it would help me lose these vanity pounds on my tummy I'm trying to lose lol.

T

tavia

i started drinking lemon juice(from a bottle) and post boiled water(left to cool a little), i feel like its really helped in the tummy department, my stomack is much flatter and very little bloating, when i drink a pint of it in the morning it also sends me to the toilet within an hour of drinking it, (a normal movement not umm loose :-[) which is great cause my iron tablets really mess me up, i take it first thing b4 eating or drinking anything else

Anastasia916

I don't think mine is bloating, it's just fat lol but I'm starting to do more ab exercises to try to target it. I go to the bathroom in that sense twice a day, so I think I'm pretty regular.