I am having trouble, can someone please help?

Tina

I have tried just about everything to help with the cushioning against my ribs. It really hurts, so I have stopped pumping now. I really want to continue, as I have found something that really works for me.

I have tried putty (get sucked into my cups), playdoh (Not hard enough), soft rings (get stretched out within a few days), yoga mats (the ones I could find were too thin). I looked for adhesive foam but it was so thin that I would still feel the cups pressing against my ribs.

I am very frustrated at this point and I am thinking of just selling my system and moving on to something else. I would really appreciate any input at this point.

Thanks, Tina.

A

Ann

Hey Tina,
How about going to a packing store and see if they carry foam sheets? If you dont find it you can always order it from here. Just cut the sheet out the same way you would the yoga mat. I ran out of the foam sheets that I got from packages. They were more firmer than the sheets that Lucy sells, so they dont get sucked into the cup.

Or just be patient. Easier said than done, I know. I started out as a AA cup using the smalls and am currently using the XL's. Your body will respond in time. The worst for me was when I switched from the medium to large. It took me about 2 weeks to finally wear them without discomfort.

S

sissy2345

Hi Tina,

I haven't posted in a while and was getting ready to sit down and post my stats and tips/tricks that I have learned over the last several months. I also tried the bluetack, different foams, yoga mat, weather stripping, etc. I was just resigned to deal with the deep red indents and not be able to show off my new swelling after pumping. Well, I went to Lowe's and bought several different types of weatherstripping that I had not tried before, and found one that works for me. It's called Camper mounting tape, self-stick "vinyl" foam made by Frost King. I wanted to make sure that it worked before spreading rumors, and it works great. It can be doubled or tripled to cushion as needed, and the red rings disappear in about an hour, as opposed to 3+ hours without any cushioning.

The one downside is that the first time I used it I must not have had the old lotion cleaned off and the adhesive got all gummy and it slipped off and around inside the domes, and with the heat and sweat of pumping it took a while to get the gunk off and start over. Once I started with totally clean and dry domes, it stuck well and works for probably a week, then I just take off the outer layer and apply new. The other downside is that I always cleaned my domes before pumping, but its hard to with this stuff on the rims.

Hope this helps you or someone else. I'll be posting my updates soon.

Sissy

T

tavia

hi tina,
i got my new xls 2day and when i used them, i felt like my ribs were gonna pop... way too much pressure.
but i must say that when i got my first NB about a year and half- 2yrs ago, it was really uncomfortable, but now after havng a baby and my boobs being stretched out my old large ups definatly dont hurt any more..
i think the best think is to give it time and only pump till you feel comfortable... i dont know how much of yr breast you are able to pump with out the discomfort?
im going to give it at least 2 weeks to see if i get more breast to pump with out discomfort. it takes time for yr boobs to stretch out especially if they are smaller and more firm.
please dont be discouraged, if what i suggested is not for you then im sure people on this forum have loads and loads of ways to help ease the pain.. like sissy for instange,,, give it a go,, but dont give up hun
you say you have found something that really works for you so that shows that with the little pumping you are able to get that it is making a difference and the stretchyer and bigger you get ,, the easyer it will get ;)

Tina

Thanks girls!

Ann,
I am wondering what foam you are talking about? When you say packing store, I am think UPS and those kinds, is that right? This sounds like a good idea to me, if only I could find it! How do you get the foam to stay on? And how thick is the foam?

Sissy,
Where I am, we don't have a Lowes. I went to Home Depot and tried to find what you are describing, but they only had a pathetic version! It was really thin and when I pressed it together it was like nothing was there, it was paper thin. So I decided not to get it. But I am on the looking out for it.

Tavia,
My boobs are small but not very firm. I just dread pumping because I know its going to hurt so I just don't do it! I haven't pumped in a a few days now and the boobs are as small as ever. I am not going to pump until I find something that helps eases the pain.

I ended up buying Silicone gel/glue (I am not sure what it it, but I know its silicone). I put it all around the edges of the cups to make a thick layer of silicone. I am going to wrap it in pastic wrap and see if that works. If not, I will try to find foam sheets or a thicker Yoga mat (where ever they would be, I don't even know where to start looking). Hopefully the silicone will work. For the XL cups I will try to glue them on.

Tina

Nadir,

That is perfect! But I am wondering if I would be able to find something like that locally. To ship internationally it will be super expensive! This is what I was looking for, but maybe a little thicker. I am going to go first thing tomorrow and try to find something similar to the link you showed. At least I will know what to ask and look for!
Thanks!

P

pmf

Hi Tina

Would you consider trying the noogleberry rings again? I use them all the time. Currently the large and extra large domes are incredibly painful for me to use, so i glue the rings onto them and its makes them super comfortable and i can wear them for hours!!

I have learnt a few things that have helped me with the rings

- always glue them, when i dont glue them they disort, pull out of shape, and no longer hold suction - which is frustrating because then I have to keep pumping otherwise the noogleberry domes pop off after a couple of minutes

- warning - this tip may ruin your rings so be careful!
a week ago i wanted to glue 2 old medium rings onto 2 medium domes

i used really hot water to clean my rings and i noticed that the water had made one of the rings bigger, too big to glue onto the dome - there was a gap. so i poured really hot water straight from a kettle into a bowl (and thick rubber gloves to protect hands) and held the ring in the water and squeezed a section at a time to try and make it smaller. it worked!!

it worked so well it ended up slightly smaller than the other medium ring. i glued both onto the domes. waited 24 hours. when i used the rings the smaller one held suction perfectly, whilst the other one (which seemed to be the original size) kept leaking air!!

when i checked the ring that leaks air it doesnt fit the dome perfectly, so it must have also gotten larger during the hot water cleaning

so my tips are

- be careful when cleaning rings in hot water, it may make them bigger
- i have found it possible to make the rings smaller using really hot water from a kettle
- try glueing the rings, i have found them to be excellent - use the glue recommended by lucy Evo-Stik multi-purpose instant contact - see thread GLUING THE RINGS TO THE CUPS

hth

Tina

PMF,

Thanks alot for the great tip! I am definitely going to try this before venturing off and buying more stuff that doesn't wirk. The silicone glue/gel didn't work. I couldn't get suction at all. I have medium rings that are too big and my large rings are also too big now. I am windering though, if after you glue them on if they get stretched out like before? That is my main worry that the soft cup rings would be glued on AND stretched out. I am hoping that once they are glued on that they will stay in place. I have taken a look at the gluing your rings thread and I am hoping that I can find the same kind of glue here too.
Again thanks, that really helped!

A

Ann

Tina said:
Ann,
I am wondering what foam you are talking about? When you say packing store, I am think UPS and those kinds, is that right? This sounds like a good idea to me, if only I could find it! How do you get the foam to stay on? And how thick is the foam?

Yes Tina, that's what I meant. A UPS store or moving/packing store that carries cardboard boxes and extras for packing. The one I had was a bit firm, 1/2 inch thick. I cut it out very much the same way as the cup rings or the yoga mat. So it stays on the same way. Once I cut it out I put it on my chest and apply the cup until I get suction. I hope you find something that works out for you. Keep us updated. Best wishes.

Tina

Thanks very much Ann. What is it that I should be asking for specifically when I go to the store?

P

pmf

Hi Tina

glad it helped a bit.

you were wondering if after you glue the rings on will they get stretched out like before. Just as long as the rings are firmly glued to the domes i have never had this problem. However, a while back the glue started coming away from one of the rings and it did get stretched out and i did start loosing suction.

what i do to prevent that is stop using a ring immediately the glue gets unstuck and reglue it. i find this happens very rarely, i can get a couple of months of use out of one set of glued rings to domes. when i clean the rings i just try to not get any water on the glue, although i think lucy said that water should not affect the glue

i have also found that it is good to put loads of glue on, so that it oozes out the the sides when you attach the ring to the dome. this ensures a good strong bond.

good luck!! :)

Tina

PMF,
I tried what you said and it works! But the only problem is that I didn't glue them on now they are stretched out again! I might buy the glue and glue them on, or I might try to keep pouring boiling water on them, until I can figure soemthing out.

Ann,
Thanks for helping out. I might try to look for that here or get some from Lucy, whichever is cheaper! We do have some packing stores here that I might check out, just to see.

Thanks everyone who gave comments/opinions of what works for them!