inflamed areola

Abigail3

Ok....this is a little embarassing but has anyone's areola gotten really red and sore from pumping? I've noticed this today and this isn't a normal occurance. I'm a little scared that it might be an infection of some sort. The other days I had my noogle on for about 3-4 hours on while I slept so the moisture could have caused infection. I sure hope not as this would be real embarassing since I don't nurse. I could just see the dr.'s face........I guess I won't pump for a couple days to see if it resides.

Oh ya, btw, on that particular side I've noticed it is more dense.

Abigail3

Thankfully it's looking much better today. I didn't noogle very long at all last night just to be safe. Maybe I pushed it a little too hard since I was so used to filling the cups during luteal.....I'm now on day 3 of follicular which I tend to not be able to pump as far. Who knows.... ??? lol

Rachiex

Hi Abigail

I get this on my right side (slightly smaller than the left) because I pump as hard on that one as the other one even though it's smaller than the other one. Do yours go down after a while or so or do they stay like that? Mine goes down but it takes about 5-10 minutes or so. When I pump slowly it doesn't happen at all so that's what I've started to do now - guess it's nature's way of saying to calm it down!

Could you describe what you mean by the luteal and follicular stages? Is this something to do with hormones and the menstrual cycle (sorry for being dense!) Does each cycle effect breast growth and does it matter if you are on the pill? Sorry for all the questions!

x x x x

Abigail3

Hi Rachiex,
You're not dense. I didn't know about luteal and follicular till I was doing NBE....learned about it from NBE forum. Anyway, I'll try and explain as best as I can. Our cycle has different parts to it. Day one is the first day of the period... this is considered part of the follicular phase up till ovulation. Then after ovulation has occured it's considered the luteal....that week and a half before the nest period. During this period usually people will naturally swell a little...called luteal swelling. Then AF comes on day one and the swelling goes down/away....(at least for me it does).

I can't really explain about the pill. I know the one I just started keeps me from ovulating....so I dunno.....today will be day 3 for me. I've taken a different pill in the past and it did give me lots of swelling shortly before I was to have my period so it did still occur for me while taking it.....it was just more swelling than I normally got. Unfortunately it was only swelling and left once the period came and I went off the pill and no longer had that nice swelling.

With noogleberry during the luteal part, for me anyway, I've experienced being able to fill in further in the cup than follicular phase and the swelling is like :eek: way cool, and lasts a little longer than it would in follicular. So far I haven't really grown yet cuz during period I lose that wonderful swelling....but so far I haven't yet....I'm still bigger right now than I was before starting and I'm on day 3 of my period. So currently I'm not able to swell as far into the cup.....I can't use the L right now ....using medium and during luteal I was filling out the L cup. It almost seems like a 2 steps forward one step back kinda thing...........

I hope this helps!

Rachiex

Thanks Abigail that really helped to explain it all! It's all a bit annoying - I got really excited that I had huge swelling (up to a D) and then my period came and practically nothing happened after that even though I carried on as normal, (well, not the same swelling I was getting before!) It's almost like giving you something and then taking it away again! Oh well, hopefully with each cycle we will grow a little more - it will just take longer I guess.

I have been on the pill for a few years now and I noticed growth when I started which was a nice side effect (one out of the many bad side effects they tell you about!) I hope you get on well with yours.

Thanks so much for the help - I have learnt so much from this forum

x x x x