Jenni's Progress Pictures

Jenni

Yes, Victoria's Secret has cute panties, I'll give them that. I live in the U.S. where they are seen as voice of knowledge for all things bra related. It drives me crazy. I mean, they can't fit their own models right! It is sad to see so many women ignore signs of a bra that doesn't fit because they think it is normal.

It's just an issue that I've become more passionate about after beginning NBE. Maybe I'm just bitter that I can't get my correct size in my country....yeah, that's probably a contributing factor.

dminer84

Fulfilling a dream...
Bras aren't the only thing with sizing problems in the U.S. All my life I've battled with it in some form. For example, I have a 28.5" inseam (men). Impossible to find a 28" and 29" isn't very common either. Everyone wants to start at 30", and I'm having to hem them up. Don't get me started on shirts and neck size....

Since I've been taking supps, I am experiencing feminization in other parts too. Maybe it is silly, but I broke down and tried on some women's pants. I was shocked how much better stuff was fitting. Now if I could just find women's pants that actually had pockets... *grumble* not this 2.5-3" pretend-pockets.

Of course, bras and masculine torso don't mix well. I thought I knew alot about bras before I started but now I realize I was full of it.. sheesh, overwhelming complexities out there especially in the "enhanced bras".

Ah well... just smile, that's the best answer I can think of anymore.

DJ

Xiao_hoa

Stay positive
They only cater to sizes that will make money unfortunately. Whatever statistics say the majority is, they'll follow.

It's hard to find my accurate bra size in the states as it's hard for me to find bigger shoes in Taiwan. Most Asians' feet are small, so my feet look huge in comparison. I always shop for shoes online. But I'm nervous about buying bras on the web. It's not just the correct size and look. What about the texture? I would be disappointed if I bought an itchy bra.

Hopefully I'll have more luck in the local bra shops here.

I'll just have to keep looking for quality bra companies that cater to smaller bands.

Jenni

@DJ

Yeah, there are a lot of sizing problems in the U.S. overall. The bra side of it just annoys me the most because I can't work around it like I can with other garments. Sure I do a lot of sewing, but I've only be able to get away with altering a bra once.

Anyway, I'm sorry that it has been a problem for you. I don't think it is silly for you to try on women's pants at all. Sometimes you do what you have to do to get by. I find myself buying a lot of clothes in the children's section because I find that I don't have to make quite as many alterations. And yes, the lack of functional pockets in women's pants is not cool.

It is what it is. Smiling helps. :)

@Xiao

Actually, I didn't have nearly as many problems buying them online as I expected to have. My favorite stores let customers review them, so I know the ones that are true to size, comfortable, ect. If there is a 28E that is known to run a little small in the cup, I may get it because 28DD doesn't always work well for me. I also look for specific brands and styles that suite my shape. I've learned the hard way that Freya doesn't always like my boobs as much as I like them.

Wherever you decide to shop, I wish you luck. It can be tricky.

Xiao_hoa

Stay positive
Thanks Jenni for the advice. I guess I need to do more window shopping. Or monitor shopping I this case. I Sure there is a company out there that will surprise me in a good way! The weekend is near, great time to do some shopping!