Lactation

rhonda jean

I hope this subject isn't too far afield...

First off, a little introduction. I'm a transgendered genetic male. No hormones (yet) or herbs. Began Noogling in (I think) March. I had been pumping my nipples for a couple of months prior to that. Not long after I started Noogling (a couple of weeks, maybe) I began to notice something running down my chest as soon as I took off the domes. It felt like (and looked like) a single bead of sweat. I thought it might be coming from my nipples, but I wasn't sure. I couldn't see anything on my nipples during pumping or when I took off the domes. Just something running down my chest from that area. A few days after that started, the next thing was a milky-looking liquid spread thinly on the inside of the domes. I knew then that I was lactating, or at least that I was having a milky discharge from my nipples as a result of pumping. A microscopic volume, but a discharge nonetheless.

I won't go through the whole time line in detail, but I was simultaneously excited and frightened by this. I thought there'd be no better way to increase my breast size than to stimulate/increase lactation, so I bought a regular (electric) nursing breast pump. When I started using that, there was no doubt I was lactating (a very small amount). I quit noogling and concentrated on the breast pump. I usually pumped three times a day, sometimes less. At first there was not even enough liquid to cover the bottom of the bottle. That gradually increased to slightly under 1/4 oz. per breast per pumping. I started pumping three times/day, with the volume remaining the same per pumping session.

I knew nothing about how to properly pump. I have a double pump, and I'd just put it on my breasts and turn it on as strong as I could stand it and leave it there for 20-30 minutes. I kept this up for about three weeks, with only slight increases in volume, but I would start to drip as soon as I turned the pump on, and would sometimes have a little wet spot on my t-shirt if I didn't wear a bra.

Seemed like harmless fun. My girlfriend loved it, and other than it making me feel a little more...mmm, odd than I already felt being transgendered, it was a very cool experience, and I planned to continue, just to see how much I could produce, and to hopefully have breast development similar to a lactating woman.

From the time I started pumping, my nipples had been uncomfortably itchy, but I figured that was normal, and the price I had to pay. Several weeks in, the discomfort became pain, and my nipples were irritated, swolen, and extremely sore to the touch. It rapidly got worse, to the point I couldnt stand to pump, anc couldn't stand for anything to touch my nipples. I Googled my symptoms and told my girlfriend about it. It was obvious I had developed mastitis, and I was in deep doodoo. No way I could go to my GP about this, but I new I had to have an antibiotic.

After panicing about what to do for a couple of days, I contacted my therapist (who I hadn't seen in 3 years) and told her the whole deal. She refered me to a female dr. friend of hers and advised her of my "condition" prior to my appointment. She gave me a prescription for an antibiotic, a lecture, a DVD on proper pumping technique (you have to express while pumping, and that means squeezing HARD!), and told me I had to pump properly every 3 hours (!) to re-open my milk ducts and that if I was going to continue to lactate I still would need to pump 6-8 times a day, that I had to be consistent, and that I had to make sure I emptied my breasts completely every time.

The mastitis cleared up in 3 days. I followed the 3-hour rule religiously (even at night) until my antibiotic was gone, then started pumping 6 times per day on a consistent schedule. Actually, during the week when I can't get away to pump I express, but that seems to work adequately. I work from home a lot, so at most I only have to express twice a day.

Crazy thing is, even after all this, I'm still doing it! It is horrendously inconvenient, but I'm kinda hooked on it, and my breast and nipple development, while not as phenomenal as some I've seen on here, is quite satisfactory. Volume continues to slowly increase. Leaking has thus far been pretty minor. I'm very careful about sterilization now and use proper pumping technique to hopefully prevent mastitis.

I've recently tried using the Noogleberry, but even that caused me to leak, and I know I have to empty, so I use only the nursing pump. That's practically (time wise) a career unto itself. There's certainly not enough time in the day to do both.

Hopefully my breast development is permanent and will continue. Seems like it would have to. I'm still only a jiggly A cup, but at least now I'm a very full A, and my nipples are awesome (at least compared to how they used to be). I could live with my boobs being the size they are right now. With the right push up bra, my cleavage more than I ever thought I'd have without implants. I typically don't wear breast forms any more. I love showing my cleavage and knowing that it's all me!

I didn't intend to ramble on for so long. Sorry. I'm curious to hear from any others who've experienced pumping-induced lactation and if anyone has any comments on the lasting effects of lactation.

Thanks,
Rhonda

aroob

that is great if thats what you want but if you were looking to grow breasts then that is not a good way of going about it as you will have to keep pumping and once you stop the growth might not be permenant .......as women who have breast fed will know. Good luck

rhonda jean

Well, reluctantly, as of last Friday I used the breast pump for the last time. I've given up on lactation as a quicker means to permanently larger breasts. I seem to have dried up about as fast as I started. I tried to express earlier today and could only get a couple of drops. My boobs are certainly larger than when I started, but I suppose I'll have to resign myself to the fact that they'll likely return to pre-lactation size.

I had too many things to do this weekend to allow me to pump, and decided to bite the bullet and quit completely. Hopefully I won't end up with mastitis again. I'll do nothing for several days, and then hopefully I can ease back into using my Noogleberry without relactating.

I'm rather sad about it. As weird as I know it was, it was one of the coolest things I've ever done. Just to know I had functioning breasts was very satisfying to me. Now I'll have to settle into my Noogling routine again and try to maintain my patience. Thirty minutes to an hour twice a day for a year or more just seems dauting right now, but I'm determined. I've just got to enjoy my little successes for all they're worth. For the first time in my life I'm reasonably happy with the way I look with just a pushup bra without enhancers, and that's pretty awesome. I don't want to stop there, though. If I can just make it to a full B cup I swear I'll be satisfied! Surely I can do that!

I am SO disappointed that I won't be filling out a bikini top this summer!!! Not that I really have a bikini-ready body in any other way either, but I at least wanted to have the boobs for one.

This is so frustrating!

rhonda jean

Thanks nflux. Mastitis and the stress and difficulty of getting treatment for it was bad, but other than that I loved it. It wasn't a "bucket list" thing, but if I had ever thought it would've been possible, it would've been.

It's been five days since I used the breast pump and many weeks (I can't remember just how long) since I used the Noogleberry. I just put my Noogleberry on and I'm certainly larger than when I was last time I used it. I hope I don't start lactating. Guess I'll know in about 30 minutes.

As far as breast change since I quit using the breast pump... I haven't lost any size at all. My nipples are significantly smaller. Even when erect, theyre just not what they were just five days ago. Not a good sign. :mad:

I am so impatient!! I'm at a point in my personal life where having boobs "works" in a very positive way and is manageable in my work life. I'm so anxious to take advantage of it. I'm just going to have to find the time and work on it and be thankful for the results I've had. It's now a bit of an obsession, but the pics on this site give me real hope.

nflux

I am so impatient!! I'm at a point in my personal life where having boobs "works" in a very positive way and is manageable in my work life. I'm so anxious to take advantage of it.

same here - working from home (in my case) rocks for noogling! They just need to stay.. "pumped"... all in good time ;)

Hope your session went well.