Little Red Dots

EzzieD

I have these lil' reddish purple dots all over the top portion of my breasts, from the noogling I assume. They are tiny, like a lil' bigger than a needle point, but there's a bunch of them. They look like small bruising or hicky marks. My husband says they are barely noticeable (he never noticed until I pointed them out), but it still makes me a little self-conscious. I feel like if I wear something low cut I need to cover my chest with make up. What kind of creams can I use to minimize these marks?

dminer84

Fulfilling a dream...
Yes, the dreaded red dots. You'll find tons of posts on the subject here. Many believe they are signs of broken blood vessels. However, people forget that dried blood isn't red. From my research, I have come to believe they are swellings in the hair follicle which causes these dots. It is a known symptom of "high" pressure vacuum exposure.

If you stop pumping for a few days, the dots will disappear. It is my experience they will disappear as well if you reduce your pressures by 25% or so as well. To me, it is just a sign you're applying too much pressure too quickly. I've seen one place where a surgeon said they can be ignored completely and the pressure continued.

So, you will have to decide which course to take as I'm not a doctor but I've gotten the red dots myself from time to time. I just use it as a sign to ease up for a few days and work up to the place where they began. I used to get them at 3" Hg but now it takes 12-15" Hg (on the gauge) before they appear. I've found showering and using a good healing oil immediately helps lot too (I'm using Bio Oil). And believe it or not, I've found shaving my chest can help too. :)

DJ

EzzieD

lol Well, I don't have a hairy chest, so there's no need for that. :p

I usually take a hot shower after my second session of the day, and lotion afterwards. Maybe I'll try easing it a bit, but not cutting back my times. As it is I strive for 2 hours and usually end up with just 1 anyway...as you know...that pesky thing called life gets in the way. lol