Looking for an electric penis pump to use as a replacement Brava “Smartbox” breast pump. Any suggestions?

ShelaVenna

I’m a cis woman, but I’ve come across plenty of penis pumps over the years while trying to search for a decent breast pump. I noticed that some of them have a lot of bells and whistles that are literally impossible to find in a breast pump. Yes, I have owned several breast milk pumps, but I’ve hated every last one of them except the Bosom Beauty (which us just a relabeled milk pump, even though the person who sells them claims otherwise). To be clear, I was just using them for handsfree pumping, and was NOT trying to induce lactation. IMO, breast milk pumps are good for lactation if that’s something you’re interested in, but not for tissue expansion. The Bosom Beauty is a relatively decent pump, but is not useful for pumping for hours at a time while sleeping, which has always been my main reason for wanting an electric pump.

I have owned two Brava Smartbox pumps, both of which broke in only a few weeks. They were perfect in every way except longevity. The Brava pump was designed for breast enlargement and used to be available for purchase from plastic surgeons in the US (but I got mine off Ebay). The company that made them is long since out of business. They are impossible to find now, and even if I could find one for sale, I wouldn’t buy another because they break as easily as eggs. The company that used to make the Brava has created a new product called Evebra, but it’s been years since it was announced, and as far as I know they’re still not being mass produced. The Brava pump was a pretty unique product, designed to sense the pressure inside the breast domes and automatically maintain low, even pressure for very long periods. It was also tiny, as light as a matchbox car, and basically silent. I would be over the moon if I could find a pump exactly like it, but more durable, but I’m not holding my breath.

TLDR; I’m looking for a pump that:

1) EITHER senses and maintains low pressure by cycling on and off similar to the way a thermostat maintains temperature, OR just cycles on and off rhythmically at low pressure for an unlimited amount of time without overheating. I strongly prefer the former.

2) Is relatively quiet.

3) Can withstand at least a few months of heavy use, for sessions up to 12 hours long.

James

I built one. It is big and not ideal yet. Actually I built it for my daughter who complained about one breast being half size. But she was intimidated and has refused to use it. Anyhow it does have a pressure sensor and can be set to maintain a set pressure or go through a routine of several hard 1 minute pump cycles followed by 20 minutes of constant lower force. I actually made the mistake of purchasing one of Bosom Beauty pumps and when I got it I realized it was useless. It does not have a pressure sensor and only programmable for about 1/2 to 5 second pulses. Since you have explained that it is a breast pump for lactation, it makes sense. That led me to build one. I'm considering building a version 2, but need to find someone willing to test it.

Not sure it would qualify for "relatively quiet". Not really loud but far from silent.

Mochaccino9

I built one. It is big and not ideal yet. Actually I built it for my daughter who complained about one breast being half size. But she was intimidated and has refused to use it. Anyhow it does have a pressure sensor and can be set to maintain a set pressure or go through a routine of several hard 1 minute pump cycles followed by 20 minutes of constant lower force. I actually made the mistake of purchasing one of Bosom Beauty pumps and when I got it I realized it was useless. It does not have a pressure sensor and only programmable for about 1/2 to 5 second pulses. Since you have explained that it is a breast pump for lactation, it makes sense. That led me to build one. I'm considering building a version 2, but need to find someone willing to test it.

Not sure it would qualify for "relatively quiet". Not really loud but far from silent.
Sorry I didn’t see this sooner. I wasn’t expecting a response, if I’m being honest. I would probably be willing to buy something off you. Unfortunately, If it’s loud I know I’m not likely to consistently use it. Sleeping with the domes on is already difficult enough, especially since I can barely tolerate back sleeping, so that’s a huge issue for me. Would you be interested in attempting to reverse engineer a Brava Smartbox? The device seems so simple, I’ve never been able to understand why no one ever created a knock off. Then again, I have no idea what I’m talking about. The Smartbox has the ability to record how many hours were spent pumping, and upload that info to a computer, but I couldn’t care less about that function. I just want a very, very low power pump that is relatively quiet. I assume the low power is the main reason the Brava pump is so quiet. It does have some other issues I failed to mention. It requires syringe filters to catch sweat and they need to be replaced constantly. It also goes through batteries like water, and like I said before, it just doesn’t last. A device that is nearly as quiet, but has none of those issues, would be a dream come true for me. I don’t care if the device isn’t small or portable. I could send you my Brava pump if you think that would help you. I kept it after it stopped working, in the hopes that it would miraculously start working again. I just tested it right now, and surprisingly it’s working. I would love to keep using it for as long as possible, but this is the second time it has died and resurrected, so I doubt it will last much longer.

BTW, if all of that nonsense is too much trouble, I’ll just take whatever you’ve got. If it’s too loud, that’s too bad. That’s not enough to stop me from at least trying it out.

Last edited:

ShelaVenna

That was me that just responded to you obviously. I logged into the wrong account.

James

Don't hold your breath, I have other more important personal projects, but I am working on version two, and ordered 3 different pumps to try out. I ordered 3 pumps for the first version, only the largest was capable of producing sufficiently high vacuum. I'll post an update here in about a month.

ShelaVenna

Don't hold your breath, I have other more important personal projects, but I am working on version two, and ordered 3 different pumps to try out. I ordered 3 pumps for the first version, only the largest was capable of producing sufficiently high vacuum. I'll post an update here in about a month.
What’s the difference between version 2 and version 1? What are you trying to improve? When you say that only largest pump produced sufficiently high vacuum, what do you mean? Is the goal to have a wide range of vacuum pressure from very low to very high, or is there some other reason why you need a powerful pump? Don’t feel compelled to answer these questions right away, or at all. I’m just curious. You’ve always been the only person on this forum building electric pumps, as far as I know. Even if I weren’t in the market for one, I’d still be interested in hearing about your projects. It’s just a shame I’m not more educated about electronics, so you wouldn’t need to dumb it down for me.

ShelaVenna

It turns there is a dupe for the Brava system: https://www.stwicseu.com/portfolio/...pparatus-622a9b18-e24c-458d-80b5-e92b57bf093a

They have 2, 4, 6, and 8 hour models, plus a fifth mystery model. The fifth model doesn’t say how many hours it’s meant to be used for. It’s odd that they sell 5 different models rather than one model with 5 different programs. The models that are meant to he worn for a shorter period of time have stronger suction and are more expensive. The 2 hour model is by far the most expensive, but it’s also the least useful in my opinion. If you want to use high pressure for a short duration, just buy a cheap hand pump.

The 8 hour model is the only one that deserves to be called a Brava dupe IMO. I don’t know what the actual vacuum pressure range of the pump is. I asked, but haven’t received an answer yet. Hopefully it maintains about the same pressure range as a Brava Smart Box. If it doesn’t, than this is another dead end.

If I end up buying their pump, I probably won’t also buy their domes. I assume their dome rings are very sticky, soft, and non-replaceable like the Brava rings. The stickiness of the Brava rings gave a lot of people open sores that had to be bandaged, and apparently the rings themselves broke down and became useless relatively quickly. The stickiness of the Brava domes besides being dangerous, is totally unnecessary, because noogleberry silicone rings work great with my Brava smartbox, as long as I lube up liberally with plenty of oil.

I contacted them but haven’t heard back yet. If they give me any useful answers, or if I buy it and try it out, I’ll definitely start a thread about it.

ShelaVenna

It turns out they sell their Brava dupe on Amazon. It’s expensive and not worthwhile for anyone who isn’t hell bent on long duration/low pressure pumping. It’s still less expensive than buying an ancient, used, and probably damaged Brava system off of Ebay or some other site. Here’s the listing: Stwics. Breast Augmentation Apparatus is a Product Realizing Physical Breast Augmentation with Constant-Negative-Pressure Traction (White) https://a.co/d/6suB1xK

They responded to a few of my questions, but it was difficult because of the language barrier. They told me that the mysterious fifth model is “for breast cancer patients in hospitals”. I asked if it had weaker or stronger suction than the other models and if it had a timer. They gave me a baffling response that I don’t fully understand. It sounds like the fifth model might be programmable for multiple different vacuum levels and lengths of time, but I’m honestly not sure. They also told me that it would be better to use their most expensive model, the one with a 2 hour timer and the strongest suction, for a total of eight hours rather than using the less expensive and gentler 8 hour model. That sounds like a dangerous idea, and very inconvenient. I got the impression they were just trying to upsell me.

They absolutely refused to tell me what pressure the 8 hour model uses. I also asked if the rings on the dome are sticky like the Brava dome rings. They said yes, but claimed that the stickiness could be washed away with plain water, which sounds odd to me. Normally I would refuse to buy from a company that runs away screaming “proprietary information” whenever you try to ask them a basic question about their product specs, but I don’t have many other options. I don’t know how long my Smart Box will last, but I think it may be on its last legs. Not sure if I should wait it out and potentially save some money. They want a whole lot for the pump alone without the domes. The full kit is available on the Amazon, but you can buy the pump on it’s own by contacting them directly.

Last edited:

ShelaVenna

I’m pretty sure the Brava system started out as a repurposed negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT) device. A year or two ago I tried finding a suitable NPWT device to replace my first broken Brava pump, but couldn’t find anything available to the general public that was relatively affordable and that I was sure fit my needs. I ended up buying 3 different pumps, none of which were NPWT pumps. One of them was my most recent Brava pump (which I thought was also broken, but has miraculously revived). Long story short they all broke or failed for various reasons, which left me completely discouraged and unwilling to throw any more money away. Today I decided to try to start looking for a suitable NPWT pump again and I found one that can go all the way down to 40 mmhg. I was going to post a link, but I’m a little paranoid that someone will buy it out from under me and I’ll never see a new unit available for that price again. That’s pretty unlikely, because no one here wants this style of pump as much as I do, especially not for $500, but I’d rather be safe than sorry. The pump for the Brava system dupe that I linked in another comment costs $1100 on its own. If anyone is still reading this, and is interested in finding a Brava smart box dupe, I suggest you stalk resale sites for any NPWT sysrem with a minimum negative pressure that’s as close to 33 mmhg as possible.

L

Lykke

It turns out they sell their Brava dupe on Amazon. It’s expensive and not worthwhile for anyone who isn’t hell bent on long duration/low pressure pumping. It’s still less expensive than buying an ancient, used, and probably damaged Brava system off of Ebay or some other site. Here’s the listing: Stwics. Breast Augmentation Apparatus is a Product Realizing Physical Breast Augmentation with Constant-Negative-Pressure Traction (White) https://a.co/d/6suB1xK

They responded to a few of my questions, but it was difficult because of the language barrier. They told me that the mysterious fifth model is “for breast cancer patients in hospitals”. I asked if it had weaker or stronger suction than the other models and if it had a timer. They gave me a baffling response that I don’t fully understand. It sounds like the fifth model might be programmable for multiple different vacuum levels and lengths of time, but I’m honestly not sure. They also told me that it would be better to use their most expensive model, the one with a 2 hour timer and the strongest suction, for a total of eight hours rather than using the less expensive and gentler 8 hour model. That sounds like a dangerous idea, and very inconvenient. I got the impression they were just trying to upsell me.

They absolutely refused to tell me what pressure the 8 hour model uses. I also asked if the rings on the dome are sticky like the Brava dome rings. They said yes, but claimed that the stickiness could be washed away with plain water, which sounds odd to me. Normally I would refuse to buy from a company that runs away screaming “proprietary information” whenever you try to ask them a basic question about their product specs, but I don’t have many other options. I don’t know how long my Smart Box will last, but I think it may be on its last legs. Not sure if I should wait it out and potentially save some money. They want a whole lot for the pump alone without the domes. The full kit is available on the Amazon, but you can buy the pump on it’s own by contacting them directly.
Hi there, but for me the breast augmentation kit from stwics is a perfect alternative to the Brava. I'm using this and frankly it works. I have been using it for about three months, and my breasts have increased visible to the naked eye. I'm still using it now and haven't seen any snapback.

I also searched for many similar brands before, and finally chose stwics. Their cups are made of soft medical grade silicone. As for the sticky ring on the dome you mentioned, I think it's there to give the breast a good seal and thus the suction. But there has never been a case where the dome cover is very sticky as you say? And it didn't make my boobs feel sore or uncomfortable during use. There may be some breast suction, but I think this is the effect of the breast enhancement principle of the constant negative pressure system. The dome cover can be washed daily and still last a long time.

When I communicated with their staff, they told me that there are three regular versions: eight hours a day/four hours a day/two hours a day. They told me these are the versions used by normal men/women in adulthood. There are also two dedicated versions: one for adolescents/one for post-operative breast cancer. But these are nothing. Oh, by the way, the host of their breast enhancement instrument can be timed, which I like very much. In the end I settled on the eight hour version. In the spirit of trying, I didn't expect the effect to be very good. I am considering communicating with them to upgrade to the four-hour version, which may be more comfortable in terms of user experience.

Last edited by a moderator: