Mama J

jnorton22002

Hi, just wanted to say that I'm all right. I do have one problem right now and that is I can't pee on my own yet. It is a little scary right now but the doctor said it will comw. The problem is I only have 7 more days before I have to return home. Love to all Mama J :-* :-* :-* :-*

Lily13

I'm so glad you checked in. I was getting very worried about you. It sounds a little scary you can't pee on your own, but I'm sure this will work out soon enough. Get rest and keep us informed with how you are doing. :)

roadrashes

I'm glad you checked in. Remember to drink plenty of fluids and rest. Also, you must remember to relax. Focus on some guided imagery or meditation tapes. You can't help but be a little tense. Meditation is a wonderful way to relax your mind and body. You can also get some free meditation stuff online to listen to right now. Please keep us updated. Hugs to you.

jnorton22002

Hi Lilly and roadrashes,

Thank you both for your loving thoughts and prayers. Peeing is my only problem. You know it is like women have a water tank and water runs downhill menhave turn the faucet on. I've, until now have had the faucet to turn on. That could also be my problem. I'm trying hard to relax but is difficult when you have pain. Doctor says I'm healing well, but, boy you should see the size of my bruising and how much area it covers. Love you girls Mama :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Anatori

Of course right after I ask how you're doing on my forum i spot this update. I'm sorry to hear that you're in pain. But if the only issue is trouble peeing thats kinda good right? silver lining is it could be worse? I dunno. I'm glad to hear you're doing well otherwise. Just like roadrashes said, try to relax, think calming thoughts try to distract yourself from the pain and you should be fine.

hephaistos

People usually have problems urinating after (any kind of) operations requiring anaesthesia, so you shoudn't worry too much about it...They won't normally let you out until they know you can pee. I wish you a good recovery.

jnorton22002

thank you both so much. They have given pills that help smooth inside muscle and increase size of things like uretha.

also they will be giving me something to calm me down thank you both again Hugs and love Mama J :-* :-* :-*

Lily13

Oh my I am so sorry the pain is that bad. :( I hope they are taking good care of you and are giving you something for the pain, right?

Hang in there! :-*

jnorton22002

Hi Lilly,

It is 3am here in Thailand and I can sleep hardly at all. I am not in any way trying to gain pity but only letting
people know what is happening. I thank you Lilly for you concern and caring,at this point I just try to survive i hour to the next. Cheryl, from Her forum said it is most unbearable and I always thought of myself as good at taking pain, but this is really hard. For those of you who believe in pray, please oh please say one for me. I am so exhausted right now. Still can't pee on my own. We try again tomorrow with the use of drugs this time. I'm sorry if I sound like a wimp, but it is the only thing I can do. Write to get pain off my mind Love to all Mama j :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

jnorton22002

Hi every one,

just a note. The avatar picture is close to what one of my girl kitties look like I really love them. They light up my life Mama :-* :-* :-* :-*

Anatori

Mama stay strong. We may not be there physically but we are all here for you. Don't think you're a wimp. Everyone takes different pain differently. You'll get through it! I'm so sad to hear you are in pain though. I hope the doctors can help you with that. I'll do what I can from here. You are an inspiration!

roadrashes

MamaJ I am sending good thoughts and prayers your way right now. I pray for your pain to subside and you experience relief. I have experience severe pain it is unbearable. If writing helps then post often. WE CARE! Hugs and prayers to you.

jnorton22002

thank you all. Now it is 5:14am and maybe slept 1 hour. I get cold then too warm then cold again. Pain pills did not work tonite. again sorry for thr rant but I have to verbalize to some one Mama J :( :( :( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad:

rainyrain

Oh Mama J, I am so glad you are ok!! I kept checking this forum rather religiously over the holiday weekend, wondering how you're feeling. I admire you so much for being true to yourself and going through with this transition. You are incredibly brave. Get well soon and I hope you continue to receive medical care once you return to the States. *hugs* -rainyrain

jnorton22002

Hi every one,

As of this moment I am back in the clinic again. Spent the whhole weekend with the tube in and if I was lucky, slept maybe 4 hours in all. I am very, very tired. Today they took the tube out. What a relief, that is. I can actually sit without a lot of pain. The tube was what was preventing me from sleeping and sitting with any level of comfort.There is good news to report. Finally, after,2 weeks, my bowls finally have decided to work. I am no longer constipated. In fact,last night, I had to go to the bathroom 3 times, during those three times really had to push. This morning about 5am, had big urge to have movement. It was like a gusher. Then again before going to the clinic, had to go again. Now at the clinic, had to go but it was most gas. I truly think, that there is some relationship in peeing to how backed up you are. If any one reads this soon and has ideas, let me know. Anyway, one more hurdle and I can relax. Please pray for me or wish me luck. Hugs Joni or Mama J :-* :-* :-*

jnorton22002

Update for every one.

Mama failed the pee test today. All was not lost though, as it seems there is some swelling causing a problem with something the doctor mentioned, but I can't remember. He also said my prostate is a little enlarged but that in itself should cause all the situation. I flat out asked him If I would ever pee on my own again and he said yes, but couldn't give any kind of time line. Other than that, I'm 100% good health. He told me I didn't have prostate cancer or anything like that. That is because they can see the prostate during surgery. So, it is back to the clinic tomorrow to try again. If I still can't pee we will try again Wed. If that fails then I have to decide what I'm going to do about it has my plane leaves Thursday. At this point I tend to hope the Clinic can talk Delta Airlines into letting me catch a latter return flight due to surgery problems. If they won't I will go home and have a doctor finish up the treatment. Love to all Mama J

betterboobs

Mama J been reading your updates with interest.
I do hope you are not in so much pain now and you manage
to catch your flight Thursday with no problems.
Sure you will be relieved to get home and convalesce
in peace and quiet.
Our thoughts are with you.

Liz

jnorton22002

Thank you so much. Yes it has been the toughest ever for me of my 14 surgeries, pain wise and emotional wise. I haven't given up. but rather am just riding my bike now, so to speak :-* :-* :-* mama J

amelie

I´m so sorry, that must be really uncomfortable!! Best wishes for a fast recovery and hope all goes well! :-* :-* :-*