Measuring problems

junjo

Hi girls

I am with a few problems. I know that many of you gave up to measure because is kinda disheartening, but I think it's important to see the pace in which I am progressing.
Howhever, I was always measuring with my ribcage quite expanded. And now I started to measure with my ribcage without absolutely no breath.

My ribcage measure was at 25' to 25.5' and now has dropped to 24.8'. But what makes me really worried is that my measurements went from 30.8' to like 28.5. I mean what the hell?
From these measurements I am a 30AA, which is the size I started NB. And I am actually wearing lose 30Bs.

I feel retarded, how can someone make a mistake from so many inches?
I really need some help here.
I am thinking of just measuring my breasts individually to minimaze the error.

Anyone has a suggestion? I am really disturbed by this.

soonenough

Junjo, there was a post here recently linking to www.herroom.com. It has a section on how women with breast implants are measured for their size. Instead of going around the back and front nip to nip, it's measures the swell from mid breast bones to where the swell ends on the sides. I find these measurements more accurate.

Lily13

Just be consistent. If you are measuring with your breath out, then always measure like that. If you are measuring with your breath in, then do it that way. I have always measure my bust after a normal sized breath and it seem pretty accurate.

Overall measuring is just disheartening...I really think it's best to just not even do it especially if you start to obsess over it like I used to!! Pictures and the way your bra fits are better indicators of what's really going on.

Strumpet

Oh man, I made that change a couple of months into noogling and it really threw me for a loop. :( Since you've been measuring after a breath, I'd say just keep doing it that way? The other thing you have to watch with measuring is that you're keeping straight around the back from the line of the bust - if I'm not careful the measuring tape falls a little and I get a much smaller measurement.

I agree that herroom.com is more accurate. The other thing is since your rib cage measurement is so small, the chart, which is on this page: http://www.herroom.com/measure-bra-size-with-implants,904,30.html doesn't extend that far, so you have to mentally bump it up two blocks (i.e. 5" is an A, 6" B, 7" C, etc).