My Pump & Hold Method

Teeny Tiny

Hi all! I just thought I'd share an idea that I had with you that works for me in case anyone is trying to find a pump and hold technique that is convenient and holds the pressure in the cups very well without fidgeting with clamps, or clips, or anything else. I've found that it is a lot easier snoogling this way as well. I used to use hair ties to hold the tubing folded, but they always popped off when I was sleeping and I'd wake up with the domes laying on the floor, and I could never figure out how to get the airlock that I got with mine to lock on and stay on so I threw it back in the box. They are much more pressurized this way, no air leakage whatsoever, as long as you can get a good seal in the first place. I'm attaching some pictures so that you can see what I've done.

Basically I've taken my large and XL domes and attached a small piece of tubing to them, then attached a 1/4" tubing elbow connector to that section of tubing, that way they angle downward and out of the way. From there I have attached another short piece of tubing with a check valve (one way air valve) attached to it. You can find check valves all over the place pretty cheap, hardware stores should carry them, but I know that you should be able to find them for sure at any pet store that sells aquarium supplies, and also at Walmart in the pet section with the aquarium supplies. For those of you that don't know anything about aquariums, their used in the airlines going to the air pump to keep water from being allowed to get into the pump and damage it if the power gets turned off to the air pump. Same thing applies with air, they'll let air out as you pump, but won't let it back in once you disconnect the pump. When I want to noogle I just attach the pump with another piece of hose (shown in picture #2), pump up to where I want it, then I just remove the pump with the hose attached to it, then do the second the same way. Just be careful not to over pump as they hold the pressure really well, however if you do over pump just slip the valve off the tubing and it will release the pressure. I find that they attach and detach really easily, but hold a good seal while they're attached. When I'm done I just set the pump aside, throw on a shirt big enough to fit over the domes and forget about them until it's time to take them off or top them off. However I am not having to top them off nearly as much using the check valves because they hold the pressure very well.

When I'm finished and want to take them off I simply slip the valves off, then put them back on after I take them off, or I just slip a fingertip under the outer edge of the domes to break the seal and pop them off. I like doing that when my hubby is in the room because it makes a farting sound and gets us both laughing almost every time. I like doing this method because it's so much easier than having all that extra tubing and pump hanging off of the domes. Makes being able to do other things like cooking, cleaning, using the computer, or just about anything else a lot easier without that extra baggage attached. However, if you prefer to leave the pump attached, you can always attach a single valve at the bottom section of tubing under the Y connector, or if you're using one dome at a time to the single line attached to the pump.

Hope this helps give some of you an idea of an easy, convenient way to pump and hold. ;)

DomeImage1.jpg
DomeImage2.jpg
DomeImage3.jpg
DomeImage4.jpg

Anastasia916

Oh Teeny, that is an excellent idea for those who don't have an airlock. But the airlock works the same way almost. I can take some pics later and upload them to show you what I mean...but how you use the airlock is, you attach one end of the hose to your dome, then the other end to your pump, or if using a T hose you can attach one end to the bottom of the T hose then the other end to the pump, you pump until you are ready to lock it, then you press the gray looking button type thing on the airlock thingy, then pull it apart, then your done. You will not be attached to the pump anymore and the air doesn't come out until you reattach to the pump and release or like you said break the seal on the domes themselves with a finger. I bought 3 more airlocks with the XL domes, what I'm planning to do is... put an airlock on each side of the top of the T hose, and attach an airlock to each dome themselves, them I can attach each dome individually, that way if need be I can pump one side with a L dome and one side with a XL dome without having to fuss with changing tubing and all that mess. Getting the tubes on my large domes was hard enough the first time, I don't want to have to do it over and over lol. Hope I explained how to use the airlock correctly, if not like I said I can take pics and show ya.

Teeny Tiny

Okay, what I got with mine must have not been an airlock then, because there are no gray buttons to push, it's more like a white tube clamp than an airlock. I'll upload a picture of it, and maybe you can tell me what it is. Okay, I'll upload a picture of it later, if I can find where it went because it's no longer in the box. It must have fallen out when the box fell over a while ago, which means it's somewhere in the bedroom in a stack of storage boxes and stuff. Anyway, I'll have to look into this airlock thing and see if it might be something worth investing in. How much did you pay for them? If you don't mind my asking...

And where did you get them from, Noogleberry? Because I don't even see any listed in the NB store, so I can't tell what they look like or how much they cost.

Teeny Tiny

No sweat, anything that I can do or say to help my fellow nooglers get the best results out of their sessions, as I am trying to do for myself I will do. If I find something that works for me that makes things easier, and is cost efficient I can't help but share it with others. If it works for me, it may work for more. ;D

cleo

Gosh teeny, you've really put a lot of thought and effort into that!! Maybe you should ask Lucy if there are any openings at the Noogleberry Design Team for you!! lol ;D

Are those the foam rings i can see attached to the domes in the pics? Or is it something you've made up yourself? Some of you girls really do come up with some clever ideas. I'm far too lazy!!

Anastasia916

Teeny, this is the link to the spare parts section, it's in there... http://www.noogleberry.com/us/spare_parts_brst.html if you scroll all the way to the bottom, the airlock is the last thing there, but that's the kit, it includes a T hose, if you don't need a T hose, just email Lucy and ask her how much just an airlock would be for you. She gives discounts for active forum members, but you have to email her. If you look at the airlock picture on that link you will see the gray button I was talking about, in the picture the airlock is apart. You probably got the tubing clamp which is right above the airlock. I forgot how much I paid for the airlocks lol, I just email Lucy with my order, she sends me an invoice and I pay it. I know whatever I'm paying is worth it. I mean I got 2 XL domes, and 3 airlocks and I think she charged me about $50 if I remember correctly. And on the site the XXL's are $30 each, not sure how much the XL's are each, so as you can see there are discounts for forum members. Hope this helps.

Teeny Tiny

Hi Cleo, to answer your question, yes those are the foam rings attached to the large cups in the picture. They make the domes a lot more comfortable to wear and help with the suction. Some people like Anastasia have problems with them, but they work great for me. The only problem I have with them is getting them to fit and work right on the XL domes. I'm thinking about trying to find some foam like them or maybe some of that super soft memory foam they use for mattresses and pillows and custom make some for the XL domes. If I can come up with some rings that work better for them I may list my design online and how I made them to give others an idea to make their own. Or if I can come up with some that are really low cost I may make some for other members and ship them out for little or no cost, or maybe ask just enough to cover the shipping until Noogleberry makes and sells some that fit the XL's a little better. Right now I'm just waiting to have a few extra bucks and the time to go shopping for the supplies. Also, with the foam rings for the S, M, & L rings I learned the hard way, be careful how you glue them onto the domes. I just used superglue on mine, which worked great, their not coming off easily. However, as the rings have been worn down and formed to my shape the inner edge bead of superglue became exposed. I could not figure out why I was having so much pain like I was being scratched up with soft foam rings and smooth rounded domes, then I realized it was the hardened, sharp, scratchy superglue that was tearing my skin up and causing permanent marks and discoloration around the outer edges of my breasts. Once I realized what it was I took a nail file and filed the inner edges smooth, so they have stopped hurting me, but they had already torn me up pretty bad before I realized what it was and corrected the problem.

Thank you Anastasia for the info on the airlock kit, I guess I was just too blind to notice it or was in the wrong place on the site. I don't think I was in the spare parts list, just the main order list. Now that I've seen the airlock I understand how it works. I may order 4 myself later when I can afford them, 2 for the Large domes and 2 for the XL's, but my check valves are doing the trick just fine for me for now. It was an inexpensive quick fix that worked for me without having to wait 2 weeks for the mail, so I figured I'd share my idea with others. I know that Lucy is real good about giving discounts to forum members, she has been real good to me. I recently bought 2 XL domes and 2 foam rings and paid a little under $50.

Oh well, It's been almost 12 hours since I noogled last, time to start my daily noogling routine. hope everyone is doing well!

P

pmf

Teeny Tiny

That is such an amazing idea!! thanks for taking the time to share this info :) :) :)

pagewolf

That's a great idea! I'm going to look into it. Is the pump you are using with it still a noogleberry pump? It looks different than mine.

Anastasia916

pagewolf, hers looks the same as my noogleberry pump, it's just a different color. Mine is the same pump except mine is white. I had no idea they came in different colors till I seen hers lol.

Teeny Tiny

Yep pagewolf, Anastasia is right, it's a noogleberry pump. I was surprised myself when I got it because it was a different color and appearance than the one I saw online, but it is the one I got with my system. ;D

T

tavia

great idea teeny, i too am kinda lazy with these things so i might just order it from nb .
:D every time i go on to 1 of the 2 forums im on i always seem to end up wanting to buy more stuff,
but my boobies need me so i gues si better put my hand in my purse x