NB makes my areolas and nipples swell, but not my breasts

ch-ch-changes32

Hey everyone!

I ordered my NB last summer, but then got very busy and never really got into the habit of using it, so it kind of just sat there until now. But I am back on the wagon and more determined than ever to stick with it (I am, at the very most, an AA--maybe more like a AAA--and have no size goal besides whatever I can get--I'm starting out extremely small so I don't want to push my luck!). I know most people notice a difference between the size of their breasts normally and the size of their breasts right after they pump. I, however, do not notice a difference in size. They look a bit more pink, of course, but they are exactly the same size as before. The only noticeable difference is that my nipples and areolas are inflamed and swollen, but I wouldn't exactly say it's a positive thing. They look so puffy that they almost appear to be a whole different entity from my actual breast, and feel slightly sore and irritated; they look like little mounds sitting on top of the breast tissue--it's very weird looking.

Anyway, I keep reading about how peoples' breasts are swollen after they pump, and I'm trying to figure out why mine aren't, and what the heck is going on with my areolas/nipples. Is it just because my breasts are so tiny to begin with? I am almost filling the small cups when I pump; like my right nipple is squashed up against the top, but there is a little bit of room on the sides, and my left nipple almost touches the top (my left is smaller than my right)--but when I take them off, they deflate completely and do not look any different except for the puffy, tender nipples. Am I doing something wrong when I pump that could be making it so I don't swell?

Any thoughts are appreciated! Thanks! :)

Mary29

I've noticed a similar thing, my nipples and areola's are swollen but my breasts not as much. I also noticed a dark colour around my nipples after pumping at a slightly awkward angle so im making sure I pump with the nipples centered now.

lexuswoman

I'm having the exact same problem. I have a Brava and I use it like the NB, pumping 30 minutes to a few hours a day, or well at least I used to before I had this problem. I did fine from mid-March until my period last week when suddenly, I noticed that my nipple/areola region looks darker and has started "puckering up" and making my breasts look much smaller. I'm not overpumping and most nights I wouldn't even wear it that long. I used to get decent swelling, although it wouldn't last, it was fun and I felt like I was "doing something" about my breasts. Now, I dont' get swelling, I just get puckered areolas/nipples. I used to wake up in the morning with nice sized boobs, now, you guessed it, I get those damn puckered areolas/nipples. They shrivel up like when you get cold. Ugh. ???

B

boobieswanted

Maybe that is the sign of it working. Your nipples go larger first then your breast? Who really know. All I gotta say is that I have huge nipples and not even started my nbe yet.

BustyBabe

I had that problem too! One of my breasts was basically just a nipple with no fat. After I noogled it would get scary huge without much swelling otherwise. When I was pumping it felt like it was mostly sucking up my nipple more than anything else.

What really helped was putting in a nipple shelf. I don't have the link handy, but I saw the idea in a post on this forum. I just use a clear plastic lid with some foam on it.

It's basically a wall inside the dome so your nipples aren't affected while pumping. When they hit the wall they kind of go in so your breast gets all of the suction. Without the wall my breasts would have a v shape in the dome (with the nipple getting really stretched out), but with the wall it pumps into a u shape.

My nipples aren't affected at all when I do this, they look exactly the same as before I pumped!

I didn't get any breast swelling until a bit over a week in. Some people don't get swelling for months but still get growth.

lexuswoman

Your nipple shelf sounds interesting. What did you use to make it and how do you put it on? Does it adhere to your skin in any way? Thanks, I'll try to find that link, I hope there's pictures! My nipples/areolas are making me very angry right now. They seem to "pucker up" more than I ever remember them doing, but they don't really look like they're getting any bigger though. I don't care if they, as Cheryl said, get to be the size of dinner plates, I just don't like them puckering up, I lose a half inch of breast size when they do that :mad:

BustyBabe

Found the link! There's a picture near the end of the first page:

http://www.noogleberry.com/forum/index.php/topic,3471.0.html

All I do is put a round plastic lid in there backed with foam (the side that'll touch my nipple). It doesn't stick to my skin or stay in there normally, I just cut it so it stays by itself (based on how far I naturally go in the domes).

Hope that helps! That modification really improved the system for me. I tried taping down my nipples but that hurt and didn't allow me to pump very hard. I also tried the shelf without the foam but that caused bruising.

lexuswoman

I just had something interesting happen yesterday. I finally was able to try out my Extra Large Noogleberry and wear it for a short amount of time (less than 30 minutes) without getting those nasty red ring marks I'd been having trouble with before. I used Queen Helene Cocoa butter creme (comes in a small plastic jar---not the lotion) and I slatered it all over my breast/chest area before I put on my NB cups. I used the foam rings and had a relatively easy time getting a seal and getting them to stay on without farting off. When I took them off, my breasts looked fuller, I didn't have a lot of real swelling b/c I didn't have the thing on for that long, but what I did notice was that my nipples/areolas weren't puckered up like they get when I take off my Brava. I don't use lotion before I put on the Brava, so maybe it was just dry irritated skin that caused it.