New Padding Solution ... YES!!!!

itsjust4fun91

Yep that looks like it. Also on the size needed, I wanted to point out that when I measure mine it measures 3/4 thick, BUT the stamp on the side of it says 1/2 inch. I'm wondering if the sharp curve makes it measure thicker than if it was layed out flat. So I would find the stuff you showed above in 1/2 inch. The 3/4 may be too big. Mel

Aspasia

Wow, you are the McGyver of Noogleberry!

Would you just shave the foam off until it fits on your chest? I can just about fit two L cups on at the same time. I need the padding, the rings seem to stay on for ages and I don't pump for more than 20 mins at a time.

I hope I am making sense.

Jen

T

tavia

thanks so much just 4 fun, im going to try it with just the tubing and see if i can get a decent seal, since it folds right over the dome edges then i think it shouldnt be to hard, the foam i already have is a nightmare, flinging, popping etc ive still got them(dont know y).

ive got a gun i just need the silicon if i decide to glue them up

thanks so much fo rthis,,, ill post pics whne i get mines xxx

M

Mumma Bear

Very very excited by this idea! I had a look at our local hardware this morning - and they only had 25mm - which is the measurement of the pipe that it fits - so the inside diameter. It's also available here in Australia in 20mm and 12mm. The 25mm looked way too big, but the actual foam felt perfect - very soft. It's a public holiday here tomorrow, but I will try to track some down on Tuesday. I'm imagining that the 12mm would be the correct size - as this is about the size of the rim of the domes - would this be correct?

itsjust4fun91

Aspasia, I would think you could shave it wherever you needed to to get a nice fit, just be sure to coat the shaved area with a thin layer of silicone afterward to seal it since the inside is foam. So far I haven't had to shave mine at all. I haven't even had to put pressure on them to get them on. It has such a fantastic suction that I can just lay them on my chest and pump and they grab on and seal on their own.

Mummabear, I'm not sure of the conversions of sizes, sorry, but I would think that it would be fine to pick what you feel would give you good enough padding since you were able to find them so that you can look at each size and gage what feels best and yes, it's the softest stuff I've ever come across and how smooth the outside is also is a bonus too. I became just as excited when my husband drug me to that isle and handed it to me the first time too.

TT definately let us know if you find a way to get a seal without glue. That would be great for those that don't want something semi-permanent, then it would be a solution that could cover everyone.

P.S. I wanted to update that after feeling certain that I didn't have to worry about rings, I stepped it up a bit yesterday and today, pumping 4 times a day with stronger pressure than I had been able to use in the past due to the rims and I've had the best swelling I've had yet and so far still no marks even with the increases. I'm sure this will still be a test of time and discovering the limits but so far I'm pretty pleased.

Mel

Tina

Hi Mel,

I sent you a PM, but I will write it here as well.

I am wondering if the silicone you used was silicone gel or silicone glue? I am really wondering how this all works. I am going to buy all the ingredients tomorrow and try this out. I think once I see it I will be able to kind of figure out how it goes.

As TT said, it would be absolutely lovely if I could just pump and go and not have to worry about covering them up.

Thanks for this idea, I think it is a really great one.

melons

hey itsjust3fun91,

Thanks for sharing this...cud u tell us more about the silicone thingy , where do u put it and how..... and what does the silicone look like ??

lotsa luv,
melons

itsjust4fun91

Hi Melons and Tina. It's really easier than the description makes it out to be. The hardest thing to do is cut them to size, which is just time consuming and sometimes frustrating since it takes a bit of an angle due to the curve of the cups, the gluing part is actually easy and pretty quick other than drying time.

For this project, I used the clear silicone Gel. I have used silicone adhesive in the past and loved it, but wanted some give for these .

You pretty much will just be filling up the inside of this insulation with the silicone. I just broke it down into two steps to fill it to make it easier and less messy. I figured if I went ahead and filled them, then tried to add the cups, it would push out the excess everywhere. If you place the cups in the insulation first, then you have more control of keeping it contained. Just place the tip of the gun under the edge of the cups and pull the trigger making sure it goes under the cup to begin filling the insulation on the inside and the outside of the cups rim that is nestled down inside of the insulation. I stopped when it hit the top of the cup rim and let that portion dry after securing it with clear wrapping tape. I removed the tape a few hours later with out any problem and let them sit overnight, then finished filling the insulation the next day from the cup rim up to the top of the inside of the insulation . Once that was finished I used the silicone to fill in any gapes that would leak air and put a heavy bead along the edges of the insulation where they touched the cup. I have some left over foam so I will see what I can do about providing a picture that might demonstrate the technique better than I'm able to tell it.

Mel

itsjust4fun91

Here are the pictures I made right fast with my old broken L cup from a side view so you can see the steps. This first pic shows filling the insulaton half full with the silicone. The flash makes it look white, but it is clear.

Attachments

• halfsilicone.jpg
    halfsilicone.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 457

itsjust4fun91

insulation fully filled. I did this after the first silicone had dried and a pic of after pumping to show how there is only light pink if anything at all, but most important there is nothing above the breast that would show with clothes!

Attachments

• fullsilicone.jpg
    fullsilicone.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 446
  • pumping.jpg
    pumping.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 431

itsjust4fun91

two last pictures. One of a tank top right after pumping showing the pink is below what would be seen and one 10 minutes after pumping showing even the pink is gone.

Attachments

• pumping tanktop.jpg
    pumping tanktop.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 357
  • pump10min.jpg
    pump10min.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 417

Tina

OMG!!!!! :eek:

That is so freakin amazing! NO MARKS AT ALL!!!! :eek:

I bought some all of the things and I am going to figure it all out, by going through your instructions again.

This is the greatest invention since... the greatest invention ever. Now I can pump and go out right after and show off my boobies, with no marks!!! I am so happy and excited to try this out. Hopefully I can do it.

Thanks again Mel.

Z

Zenity

itsjust4fun91 Thumbs up for you!

I really think you should send an email to Lucy in case she hasn't see this one yet. If she can figure out a way to put this together with the cups, or make a kit sold a part as the rings are I am sure we all would be waiting in line for it... Specially after seeing, well, better said NOT seeing any MARKS post-pump.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Z

Zenity

Hopefully by tomorrow I will have all the ingredients to make the recipe... :D

Did you girls realize this gives the cups extra-depth too?

The more I look at it the more I like it.

itsjust4fun91

It does make them deeper, but it also makes them smaller in diameter, so far this hasn't been an issue for me. I'm still getting good swelling, but I do think I may shave the foam inside a bit and silicone it at some point the make them wider again, I just worry that shaving the inside will defeat the purpose of them making no marks. It will just be trial and error for awhile I guess while we figure out what all we can and can't do with these.

Good luck with making them.

Mel

Anastasia916

Congrats on the no marks Mel, please keep us updated! At the NEX here (I know you know what that is being an ex military family :p) they have the silicone and caulking gun, I might buy them next time I go, have to buy son more shoes anyway, but they don't have the insulation stuff, so I might have a look on amazon or something, maybe even see if Lowe's or Home Depot website might ship here and has it, any brand you recommend? Oh and for shaving it down, like I would want for keeping the domes close together, how would you shave it down?

itsjust4fun91

I found that a utility blade cuts it really well. The razor in the blade slices right through the foam. I figure it will work well to gradually shave a spot down to the thickness you would want.

I used the armaflex foam, though some places label it by the copany's name armacell instead of the foam name.

Mel

Tina

I had an extra cup so I just stuck it on with the self-adhesive it comes with. This thing is amazing!!! I didn't use it for long because I had to go out and I only had one cup. But it was amazing I got some swelling in the short time to fil my bra completely and I wore a low cut shirt to show it off! :D

I am waiting for my other cups to dry, I think I might try to pump with one cup again.

I am wondering why you used the silicone gel instead of some sort of glue?

I thought it worked well without the silicone gel, but I know it would shift and need to be replaced often so it was a good that I used the silicone.

Anastasia916

okay I couldn't find the brand you said on amazon, would this one be good? http://www.amazon.com/Thermwell-P11-4PK-Foam-Insulation/dp/B000BPP4EQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1272944828&sr=8-1

And I couldn't find it on lowes.com so tried home depot and this is what I found... http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?keyword=armaflex+foam&langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053 so which one would it be? they have 1 in thick to 3/4 in.

itsjust4fun91

Hey, Anastasia,

This one on home depot is the exact one I got after comparing the sticker labels. http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xg8/R-100550644/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

The home depot site says it can't be purchased online though. I did a search on ebay and in the international sellers section at the bottom of the page there are several that sell it by the piece, but it's in MM so you would need to be able to figure out the conversion to find the right size.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=armaflex&_sacat=See-All-Categories

This guy ships worldwide and has it, if I have made the mm to inch conversions right. If i haven't you will find all sizes in his ebay store and he ships worldwide.

http://cgi.ebay.com/15mm-Pipe-Lagging-Armaflex-13mm-Thick-x-2m-Pipe-L369-/200341482756?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Home_Garden_Hearing_Cooling_Air&hash=item2ea5486d04

If still can't find a place to get some or if there is a problem with them shipping it to where you are just contact me. I'll see what we can come up with.

Hi Tina, I'm glad it worked for you. I originally tried using just the self adhesive tape, but the lotion tended to make it lose it's stickiness pretty fast so there was slipping. It also was a problem with cleaning them. I wanted a permanent fix instead of having to redo it over and over and the silicone took care of all of those problems. I also went with the silicone because unlike glue, if I do ever need to remove it, it's easier to remove the silicone than an actual glue in my opinion.

One of the things I really like with the silicone method is that there is no slipping, and with it inside of the foam as well, it keeps it in place so well, that it doesn't move or strain my seals, unlike when I would pump with the foam pads that I had glued on my large cups. I always ran into a restriction on how much tension I could use with the pads when I would hear popping sounds telling me the foam was trying to tear away from the glue. This stuff with silicone is so secure that pumping is now what my limit is instead of the glues.

Also, it let me do something I have always wanted to do. I try to multi task when I pump since I have so much going on. I tended to not get to pump more often in the mornings than any other time just due to needing to get showered and dressed to go somewhere by a certain time. Well yesterday, I hopped in the shower with my noogleberry on and washed my hair and shaved my leggs ect. They stayed on fantastic and of course silicone and this foam is water proof! By the time I got out and dried my hair, I was able to take them off and throw on my clothes and head right out the door. Needless to say I was pretty darn pleased with myself about the whole thing. LOL

Mel