New trick to reduce pain and get better suction!!! Working great!!

OptimisticGirl

Hi,

I have just used NB for about 2 weeks. I'm moving to the L domes soon (have ordered them), but I heard so many complaint about how they hurt the ribs, so I start to think how to reduce the pain. I can only afford yoga mat (foam ring or blu-tack is too expensive for me), so I reads some threads on it and decide to create my own. I try with my medium domes, and it works fantastic!

Here is the pictures showing my method. ;D

Step 1: draw 2 circles. The bigger one is draw along your domes (if you know what I mean), and the smaller one is about 1 inch smaller.

Step 2: Make holes

Step 3: Put lots of lotion on your breasts and pump.

This method will become effective for those who have too small frame as I do, because you can use the mat to widen your rib cage. Besides, doing like this keeping your breasts closer together to create cleavage (you do not have to tie scarf or else) . And after noogle, there is nearly no red mark! There are winkles due to the decos on the mat, but they fade after 5 mins.

You can cut your mat to fit your frame instead of using a boring rectangle like in the picture (I even think of making some decorations ;D)

I will try with my large domes when they arrive. It works with M domes, but in a second thought I think M domes is too small to use it. Besides, I don't need it yet because my M domes is doing fine as long as I do not over-pump.

Hope that helps! ;D

Attachments

• Photo0235.jpg
    Photo0235.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,530

wantbigones

Wow what a great idea! This is nice and simple exactly what I need ;)

I just got my XL and I think that I will need something to reduce the pain even though I had no problems at all with the large.

reeree

Hey guys!! ;D I tried the yoga mat thing, but i can't seem to get any suction ??? Don't know if there's a trick to it! I followed the tips given previously on yoga mat cushions and cut two separate holes, but i didn't glue them to the rings in case it didn't work, and boy i'm glad i didn't!! Any tips for how you gals keep suction with the cushion would be Awesome :D I hate the painful dome rings :'(

OptimisticGirl

Hi reeree,

It's may be a little bit challenge at first if you are not familiar with it.

First, are you sure your yoga mat does not let air out? There are some kinds of yoga mat that, how to say, has little holes. You will see when you cut it out, if its edge is not solid, then it will let the air out, and there is no way to get suction.

If you have had a good yoga mat already, then it's a matter of technique to get it on. I assume you are using the double system? Place the mat on your breasts. Get something to tie the right tube of the double system so that you can use only the left dome (If you can't find something appropriate, Lucy offer a clamp in spare part section as far as I remember). Pump to get a good seal with that one. Tie the left tube and then untie the right tube (remember, you have to tie one before untie the other). Pump to get good seal again. Untie the left tube and pump a little more if necessary. That's how I do to get both domes on at the same time. Note that you have to push the domes when you begin to pump, so that the domes will be neatly close to the mat, and then pump quickly.

I do not cut the mat into separate holes because for me, it becomes inconvenient to keep each one in a proper position to pump if you do not glue it to the domes. I don't want to glue them. Besides, they will make a wide gap between my two breasts, which will lead to no cleavage after pumping. So I just do as I presented here, and it works.

Hope that helps. If you still have trouble getting suction, I will take pictures to show more clearly.

OptimisticGirl

My L domes arrived this morning and my padding does great work for me. I don't feel the pain from the domes pressing on my rib cage. It's just like wearing Medium domes. ;D Besides, the domes are extremely close to each other! You can see from my pic under how close they are. I use the L domes for the first time, and I can use both of them at once without difficulty ;D

Hope this padding help others,too ;D

Attachments

• Photo0245.jpg
    Photo0245.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 459

reeree

Hmmmm, your mat looks EXACTLY like mine, but i couldn't get any suction ??? I think i'm gonna try again tonight, and if that still don't work i might try the campers tape.

Ordered my large domes and now just waiting on them to get here!!! So Excited i can't wait ;D Like waiting for a Christmas present when your a kid again!! Lol! Here's to hoping they give me better swelling and some growth!!!! :D

OptimisticGirl

Hi Reeree!
When you try again tonight, try the method of getting suction that I said above. You will find that's working great. I haven't try camper tape because it's expensive than yoga-mat ;D (my main reason) And I don't want to change the tape, clean the dome before every session (as I use lots of cream while pumping). But maybe it will work for you. ;D Hope to see your results ;)

About waiting for the domes. I have just received my L domes yesterday and can totally understand your feeling. Just image how anxious we will be when waiting for the XL :D

reeree

Well, i tried again with the yoga mat cutting just the holes for the breast......nada!! So then i went and got some of the campers tape that some of the other girls use and tried to make that work.....Nothing :mad: So frustrating cause i can tell that it would be SO much more comfortable with something on them :'( Am i doomed to pump in discomfort, or am i just totally missin something?!

The good news is my large domes came in and i've been pumping with them for 3 days now ;D I can't imagine the day when i fill these babies up!!!!!!

OptimisticGirl

Congratuations on your good new.
Another good new is that if you pump gently and with pump and release technique, you can get on well with the L domes without any padding.
I myself find my padding kinda dangerous because my ribs do not hurt so I can easily overpump ;D At least the pain stop my greediness :p So I sometimes try going without padding. After several times, I get used to the pressure and feel okay now.

Good luck, hun! ;D

T

tpurple

Yeah!!, I used this method and it worked. It took a little time and patience to get them on. I started with one dome and got good suction. I use a binder clip to close the air off of one tube and lock the suction while I work on the other one. I got good swelliing and no rings marks. Thanks for the Idea!

OptimisticGirl

@ tpurple: Glad to hear that!! ^^ Yes, it takes time at first, but it works and you will find it's getting easier the next time you use.
Good luck, hun ;D

Gaia2011

The pictures cracked me up, this is so funny but BRILLIANT!!!! I am amazed by this forum's spirits and encouragements.

I will try the yoga mat, Lucky I have an old spare one which i didn't throw away. :)

cheers

laura

Iv been using my large cups for about 6 weeks with no padding and it was bearable but iv just got my XL cups today and god they hurt after a while!!!! i need to try something like this because i dont think i could bear that every day! Where can i get the yoga matts cheap in the uk? money is really tight at the min so i want to be spending as little as possible. thanks in advance!

on a brighter note, i used the XLs for the first time and i got 2" of swelling! wheeey.i love them already haha. my boobies look a little lost in those things though! :D

OptimisticGirl

@ Gaia: you're welcomed, girl!!! :D

@ laura: Well, I don't live in the UK so I don't know where to get cheap yoga matts. You may try to look in ebay or so, sorry :(

bonzaigirl

wow... neat trick... i'll probably use those when i order my xl's.. im using large now and it bothered me at first.. hte pain.. lucy sent me foam pads then i got bruised because i overpumped because i was not feeling any pain at all... ::) silly me..then i got used to the large domes now.. no pain but i can no allmost reach upto the 3 inch mark.. though it takes an hour before i can do that.. so it'll be weeks more before i get an upgrade.. but thank you for the idea... it looks good.... and it seems easy to do... ;D thanksfor sharing ur idea with us