now im confused about the bra calculator thingy

bonzaigirl

hi everybody...

i have been noogling for almost a month ( my monthsary with teh noogleberry would be on teh 8th of july :) ) ... and i had taken 2 months worth of perfect curves pills.... my starting bust was 32, underbust 28, overbust would be 30.5 ..

after a month of taking perfect curves pills my measurements changed in my overbust area from 30.5 to 31 ....

now 2 months later and after almost 1 month of noogling, my overbust area is 32 ... same as with my bust size... although i really don't see any changes... sometimes i feel full... at times i don't... ( my period has finished about a week and a half ago so im supposing that it wont affect my measurement )...

i wear a 32 b bra, that is now a tight tad... it is still a bit loose on tops but it has become tighter than before... i even wear a 32 c bra, ( but i figured that marks and spencer only has a small c type bra... - it is loose on the top though )...

anyways, what i am confused about is that when i went to the bra calculator web site, and i entered in my current stats, it still says that i from am 32 AA cup size... so now i am confused, because what i do know abut is that you measure with you r bust size and underbust size to get our bra size... and tise website included the overbust.. and from what i had gathered is if the overbust is higiher than your bust size, it will give you a cup lesser.. so now im confused... so ... now im a bit down.. i thought i was gaining cup size because my bras kept getting tinghter...but hte bra calculator says otherwise.. now i dont know if i just dont know how to measure.. but i did it in the way they did it... :-[

Aim4c

Bonzaigirl,

I am currently a 32AA, according to the bra calculator, but I wear 32A and sometimes padded 34A. Having said that, I don't think you should let the bra calculator get to you. Clearly your boobs are growing. Use the calculator as a guide...go with howyou fill out your bras.

All the best!

that1spaztichik

Yeah, bra calculators say I'm a 36A or sometimes a 36AA. Both are clearly wrong because a) if you go look at my pictures you will see that I am a WEE bit too large for an AA cup and b) 36's are really loose on me. So I ignore the calculator and go to Victoria's Secret and try on bras. Whatever fits, I buy :)

Lily13

Both of you ladies have a lot more chest fat, so I think that bumps you up into larger bra sizes. All of that has to get pushed into the cup. ;D I have very similar measurements as you.

Underbust: 29 34 band size
Overbust: 33

I can't even fit into an A cup (way too small). Comparing your pics with mine, your breasts are much fuller all over, regardless of your measurements. Hopefully I'm making some sense here LOL

Basically I'm saying, go with what fits and not what this calculator says. ;D

bonzaigirl

wow.... thank you guys... it 's really great to be on this forum... it's like you have a support family... i remember reading one person's comment that this is like an AA meeting... Hi im bonzai and i'm on noogleberry... ;D ... it's just taht i had been feeling down for awhile because i can't see any increase in the tape measure so i stopped taking measurements for some time... and then i saw this bra calculator online while i was looking for brassieres.. and so i took my measurements... and then.. sigh... it told me that i am a 32 AA... although technically i was supposed to be a 32A... but i do wear 32Bcups because i have a hard time breathing in an A... ;) what was so disconcerting was that, when i measured i was so happy to see that i had an increase in my overbust again and then when the bra calculator calculated... poof... it said that i was a 32aa.. ... sigh... anyways.. you guys are right... i am not going to depend on the bra calculator and just focus on the obvious things... the way my bra fits... ;) thanks you guys..

that1spaztichik

bonzai, these forums are TOTALLY like AA meetings, lol. I love it here!!

Lily, you're completely right! From your pictures, it looks as if you are pretty slender, whereas I'm more...curvy, haha. So I definitely think you're right about the chest fat idea. More fat=more to squish into bra, lol!

bonzaigirl

:D ... you are hilarious that1spaztichik.... !!! but it is so great this forum isn't it???? you get to see other's growth and you can also see the improvement on yours too... hohuumm.. time to sleep... gotto work tonight... so i ahve to sleep the day now... :D i'll be noogling while i sleep... hehehe.. it's my only time as it is... snoogling!!!! ;D

that1spaztichik

Oh I love the forums! Not only is everyone so positive and interested in everyone getting great results, but I've been able to ask questions here that I can't just ask other people. I love it!

itsjust4fun91

I once used a bra calculator that told me. "If those are your true measurements, you don't need a bra." Seriously. Now I knew I was pretty small, but there was no way that was true.

When this topic has come up on other board, the problem usually ends up being the measureing technique. Be sure to measure with a unpadded bra on that has good lift to bring everything into place. You should also hold the tape loose when you do the measurement across the bust.

When you do your band size, pull it tight. Once you adjust how the tape is held it usually changes your measurements, by about an inch to a little more and then the calculator will be a bit more accurate in what it's telling you.

Mel

Lily13

I agree with Mel. I have my husband check the back of the tape to make sure it is parallel with the ground. If you hold it up or down too far, it will change your measurements pretty drastically. This site tells you how to hold the tape.
http://www.herroom.com/measure-bra-cup-and-band-size,903,30.html

itsjust4fun91

Thanks Lily, I forgot about the up or down part in that. That's another reason using a bra helps, so you can always make sure it is laying in the exact same place each time. Even knowing how to do it, there are still times, when I have to start over.

bonzaigirl

wow... thank you guys.. i didnt know that bra calculator were so tedious.... :) thanks for all the advice though.... its really true.. that age old adage.."you learn something new everyday" ;)