Off topic.....a little freaked out.

Abigail3

Okay. I'm trying to let it all soak in but I'm still freaking out. My 9 yo daughter has had the itchies and soreness up top now for about a year. Just today she showed me that one side was inflamed (she had been itching it). I told her everything was ok and that it was normal for the bad itchies and soreness and it was red from her scratching it so much. I was like whoa!....couldn't believe my eyes! She had just over night started growing!...but just on that side. The other side hadn't started yet. I sure hope she doesn't end up really lopsided...ugg now I'm worried. But yah.....I was NOT expecting this all to happen so soon!! Uuuug! I didn't start till I was 11!! This is scary. :eek: So warning to all mother's of girls....they may start way earlier than you did. :( Our little girls grow up too fast sniff sniff :'( Soon to be bra shopping for my little girl...here we come :(......man this makes me feel old even though I don't feel like it.

B

bandit

i hear that all those hormones they pump into cows (and other animals) has ended up speeding up puberty for a lot of kids :( Its really sad! I would be freaked out too if i had kids!

D

DeeDeeN

I started developing when I was 9 too. Unfortunately it stopped when I was like 14 lol. My right breast
was first to grow and the left lagged alot behind. Now the right is only slightly bigger than the left. I am 28 so I don't think it will grow in anymore ;-) Be forewarned , I received my special visitor at age 9 aswell, so be prepared for that. As for the itching, if it is as bad as it sounds, take her to your general house doctor. She could have an inflamation of some sort.

Hugs
Debs

D

Dixieland

Abigail,
I started developing and got my period when I was about 10-11 years old. It just depends on the genes of the family. Your husbands side may have developed earlier than your side. As a nurse and with my medical background I would definitely say that some itchiness and tenderness is normal for a young girl (or boy) that is beginning puberty. However, with this being said I do not think that redness and inflammation is a good thing....if it were my daughter, I would definitely take her to a doctor. My daughter had the normal tenderness and slight itching (this is caused by the stretching of the epidermis), but nothing compared to what you are describing. If she does have inflammation internally you need to know now, not later. She may have a slight infection, is she running a fever? or are they "hot" to the touch? not just warm....but hot where it is really red. Hope this helps, and yes it is very sad when our babies grow up... :'( I loved it when they were babies.... ;D
Please let us know what happens if you take her to the doctor...we are all here for you!
Hugs
Dixieland

Anastasia916

I'm not sure if it's the food that is making kids grow fast, but my cousin who is, I believe 26 started her period at 8 years old, and by the time she was 13 she had DD's!!! But she had her first child in her teens, forgot exactly how old. And she now has 3 kids and her breasts are smaller than mine. So goes to show, the earlier you develop, it may all go away after having kids. I hope you find out what is really going on with your daughter. Weird she is having signs like that and hasn't started her cycle.

Abigail3

Thanks so much for your replies! ;) Wow some of you and others started really early! :eek: I sure hope she doesn't get her monthly for a while....yipes! I didn't start my period till I was like 13....one month shy of my 14th b-day! :O I remember most of my friends developing quicker than me and getting their periods before me, so I was a late bloomer and slow grower. I guess she's getting this from her father's side then. ;) I'm not as freaked out as I was...but just slowly trying to take this all in.

Anastasia916

I started a week after my 13th b-day, so I know how feeling like "why don't I have mine yet" is. Just get her a training bra and she'll be fine. But might want to keep an eye on her, those that develop sooner get into boys sooner too!

Anastasia916

I hope you are talking about boobies Philli! lol hopefully you aren't talking about them getting into other boys. I know my son is 4 and loves boobies haha. He basically molests every female he can. He goes up to my brother in law's girlfriend and she's bigger chested, grabs her boobs and says "nice boobs" she thought it was cute and funny. And my brother in law said, man he's already trying to steal my girl! He's getting more action then I am lately.

P

Philli

Kids are lucky. They can get away with it at that age. Wait til he tries it later with a girl in highschool.