OMG I think I'm lactating

lexuswoman

Man, I just had the crap scared out of me this afternoon. I was using my Brava when I noticed a very thick drop of liquid on my left nipple. I had on the Brava for 55 minutes and took it off. I squeezed my nipple and a little more stuff came out of it, but it didn't come gushing out. I'm 35 and never been pregnant, so this is really freaky. I've been using the Breast Enlargement Without Surgery video since Jan 30th and massaging my breasts with 360 inward rotations using bio-oil since early feb. I started pumping with the Brava in late March and I only do 30 minutes to a few hours a day, but at higher suction though. I also just started using Greenbush's enhancement blend liquid which contains equal amount of fenugreek, saw palmetto and wild yam in my massage. I'll put in about 6 drops in my massage liquid and then about 6 drops or so by mouth two times a day. I also bought Bustea and haven't even used it yet. Now I'm too freaked to try it. I even ordered the XL Noogleberry system to alternate with my Brava, but havne't gotten it yet. I've squeezed my breasts a few times since and nothing else has come out. I had my gynecological exam in December and everything was normal- breasts, pelvic exam, pap smear, etc, so I know this has to be from over stimulation of the nipple. My breasts don't hurt or feel "full". Help!

Ex

I remember reading somewhere that fenugreek is used to increase lactation, so maybe. I would make an appointment with your doctor or at least call and speak to a nurse at the office. I don't know how the vacuum in the Brava system or Noogleberry system affect lactation, but I do know I have read posts by women stating they were breastfeeding. I don't know about the other herbs or the bio-oil, but sometimes combining drugs and herbs can lead to unusual results, especially since everyone's body chemistry is a little different. If you are on other supplements or medications, definitely let your doctor know. I wouldn't freak about it too much, but definitely speak to a nurse or doctor. If you are lactating, I would think it would be more likely due to the herbs than the Brava/Noogleberry. I know it can be scary, but try not to stress too much about it and have a good evening.

lexuswoman

Hi, Thanks! I'm actually not taking a bunch of herbal pills. I've been taking a few drops of GB enhancement blend a few times a day and according to the bottle, I'm not taking too much of it. I"m also using a few drops of it in my massage oil. Whatever the stuff it coming out of my nipple, I had to squeeze pretty hard to get anything else to come out. Its not like its overflowing or anything. I really don't want to get my doctor involved yet, because of my insurance deductable I can't afford to go anyway. I think I need to take a break from the brava, i may have been pumping too hard. my nipples have been sore lately thouggh.

Ex

When I was breastfeeding, it didn't take any effort to get the milk out, and it is a very thin liquid. You can see if your doctor has a nurse that can answer questions over the phone, a lot of them do now, in the US anyway. But take it easy and take a few days off. Your body might just need a rest. Good Luck! And keep us filled in.

lexuswoman

Thanks everyone. I think what I'm going to do is just take a break from the Brava, I feel like my nipples have been overstimulated. And, I'm really not taking that much herbal stuff. I do have to take an anti-seizure medication, so I don't know if that has something to do wiht it, but I"m going to give the Brava a rest, try again soon and see what happens. If it happens again, then I'll talk to my gynecologist's nurse, i know there's a way to email the office.

lexuswoman

I googled Brava and lactation and saw an article about some women experiencing spontaneous lactation while using the Brava. Whatever this was didn't come gushing out, it was like the suction opened up the end of my nipple or something like that. I squeezed both breasts this morning and nothing came out. I have no pain or tenderness either. I'll have to go back and re-read about what Blusherr is going thru. I also found another post on the BE Board that was similar. This is such a roller coaster ride, one day you're on top of the world, the next you're kicked down. At least I'm still maintaining my 38 inches. Thanks y'all!

Ex

Good Luck, and keep us posted. Just want to make sure you are okay ~ physically and otherwise. It is a roller coaster ride! :)

lexuswoman

I found another article on Web MD or something that said nipple stimulation can even come from chafing like a sports bra, which I do workout a lot and wear form fitting sports bra to keep everything in place. I feel better. I think I was using too much suction on the Brava. If it happens again, I'll email my doctor. And be totally honest and tell him what I'm doing. And that I've grown an inch without surgery!

Aelita

When I noogle, call me Tank Girl!
I sort of had this issue when I was 16 through 19, but the thing is, it just happened normally.

I lactated quite a lot even though I never had sex and certainly never got pregnant. Imagine how freaked out I was to squirt my breasts and see milk SQUIRT from my nipples! I was freaked out but also kind of amused. :D

Anyway, I just believe your prolactin levels are elevated and the fenugreek may be the culprit! I was lactating back then most likely because of puberty and my hormonal changes.

lexuswoman

Hi Tank Girl!

I thought about the fenugreek, but I'm taking such a small amount of it, I don't think that was the issue, I think my nipples were overstimulated from the pumping and massage. I take Greenbush's enhancement blend liquid which has equal amounts of fenugreek, saw palmetto and wild yam and I only take a few drops of it by mouth in the morning and use a few more drops of it in the evening for my massage. You're so lucky to be a 34DD, you're the size I want to be. I already measure 38 inches around the bust, 30 inches under, so I probably could wear 34D bras, I wear 34C's now, but I can't afford to buy any new bras, I've spent too much on NBE stuff! Although I did try on a 36C bra and the cups fit, but the band was loose, which I expected, the store didn't sell D cup bras in any size, strange, huh?