Other breast is 1 cup smaller

N

natashia

Hi Everyone! I'm a newbie and I would like to know if it's safe to start pumping after 4 months of giving birth? and will the size of my other breast match the other one in due time? Right breast is one cup smaller. Any techniques on how to do it please? Thanks a lot!

Anastasia916

Natashia, are you breastfeeding or have you breastfed? If so you need to wait 6 months after you dry up from breastfeeding before starting. If not then I would suggest waiting another 2 months to make sure you are dried up, pumping can induce your milk production to start back up. I know you're excited to start, but it really is best to wait. I waited 9 months or so after I stopped breastfeeding before I started any NBE. As far as a smaller breast... one of mine were smaller than the other, what I did was I pumped the smaller one with more pressure and for longer periods than the bigger one, and over the year I have been pumping they are almost completely even. Just one is slightly wider than the other now, but not bigger otherwise. Hope this helps and good luck!

N

natashia

Hi Anastasia! Thanks for the quick reply :) I only breastfed 2 weeks after giving birth and then stopped because I need to go back to work immediately. Today, no matter how I press my breasts, no more milk coming out anymore. Maybe it' s safe to start now? About pumping with the smaller breast, how long? Like 30mins or 1 hour longer than the other one? Will this breast pumping make my nipples larger and darker??? Oh my I hope it wont! :-\

Anastasia916

I mean it's all up to you, if you feel you are ready to start, then start and see how things go. As far as the other questions it all varies person to person, I advise reading through the forum and see what's been happening with everyone else. Good luck! Oh on my personal experience but it's been different for everyone...noogling improved my nipples, mine were puffy and too light colored to me, noogling fixed the puffiness and made them a darker pink which I like.