Period pimples/acne

WillBeSexC

Hey ladies!

Im on my period this week, my periods last about a week to ten days. I am not on the pill. I am on the 6th day of my cycle, hoping tomorrow is the last day because tomorrow is friday (YAY). Im seeing my boyfriend and going out. And because of the pimples AND my almost nonexistant boobies, my confidence hits an extremely low point for one week every month. I have searched high and low. Tried toothpaste, ProActive, special acne lotions, etc etc etc! Im so upset.

Usually my skin is CRYSTAL CLEAR but during Aunt Flo's visit, its like little elevated white bumps everywhere. They are currently all over my right cheek going down to my chin and on my forehead and my nose, left side of chin and left cheek are completely clear.

Any pointers? Anyone with the same experiences? Thanks a lot. Ive been crying cause of how it looks and makes me feel, and makeup just wont do the trick. Plus Aunt Flo is in town so that doesnt help with the emotional issues.

Thanks so much. -Lola xooxxoo

0xducesax0

Hey!

I don't suffer with acne and tbh I don't know of any good creams but why don't you try going on the pill? I'm on the Yasmin pill and I've heard it helps girls clear their skin? The thing with going on the pill is that it calms down your hormones and the reason you're getting such bad acne is because your hormones are all over the place. Have you ever considered it? It also makes your period last less...if i'm not on the pill it takes a week for it to completely go, if im on the pill it take 3-4 days :)

WillBeSexC

oh gosh that sounds great. But because of my moms experience with Yasmin, I will never EVVVVVVER! take that pill. but I AM considering going on the pill very soon.

amelie

I´m wondering, do you have very intense PMS? There are different manifestations for this, one of them skin problems. I myself always have headaches, pain in the uterus area, intense mood swings (when I mostly feel sorry for myself), and my skin also breaks out.

You could try get some homeopathic treatment for PMS, that should help to even out all the other side effects. I can´t recommend any brand because we live in different countries, but I think this would be more effective than a skin medication or whatever.

Lily13

I think a lot of those things are too harsh on your skin, so you are actually causing more problems by drying out your skin. Then the skin tries to compensate for the dryness and you become even more oily. I use water and castor oil to cleanse my face and I don't get too many pimples. Maybe a few here or there, but nothing like when I used harsh cleansing products. I'm not on BC either.

WillBeSexC

amelie, no I dont have intense PMS at all! Im just little b*tchy about a week or two beforehand, for about a day or two and I get headaches which Midol fixes really quickly ! So midol pretty much fixes everything period-related for me at least, lol.

And Lily13, oh yeah i knew that already. Im thinking that i might be doing that but I get so desperate at times that I get a little carried away .... I should watch myself better. Just the past couple months I have been going out more and getting more fed up that my face has been looking and feeling so disgusting, I cant stand it! I will try castor oil.

thanks for the suggestion girls.

Lily13

Here's the website that talks about it. They call it the oil cleansing method. :)
http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

The first time I tried it, I thought I was crazy for even thinking about putting oil on my face, but my skin is so much happier now.

0xducesax0

Sorry to hear about your mum having bad experiences with it. Did she take the newest type of yasmin? I remember when I went to the gynaecologist she told me that the previous versions of yasmin used to have a few side effects but the newest one doesnt. So maybe look into that?

Teeny Tiny

I recommend ortho cyclen for bc, I've only been on it a little less than 3 weeks so I can't tell if it has any real side effects, but it's what I used before I had my daughter 14 years ago, and I never had a problem with it then. After having her I went on depo prevera shots, those I wouldn't recommend for anyone that's watching there weight, the worst side affect is weight gain. The only good side affect from depo prevera is that after being on it for a few months your period completely stops, which is good to correct issues with heavy bleeding and thickened uterus lining. 11 1/2 years ago I was sterilized using what now is called essure, they're microcoils they insert inside the tubes that cause scar tissue to form and completely block them. That was the biggest mistake I ever made, because they increase pain during ovulation, they can cause some discomfort at times, being an unnatural object your body can want to reject them but with the scar tissue locking them in place they're kind of stuck, it's irreversible, and I've been wanting to have a baby with my new husband for the last 4 years, but now I can't. But I guess with all my medical issues I guess it's actually for the best that I can't, I guess I'll have to break down and adopt a baby when things get better for us financially and give an unwanted baby a very loving home. I'm on the pill now to try to correct my hormonal imbalance issues, and hopefully thin the lining of my uterus. I have to go back to the doctor in December for a PAP and recheck of my hormones.

Sorry I kind of lingered off the subject there, but thought the info might be useful for some.

WillBeSexC

Okay Not So Teeny Tiny, I will def. look into ortho cyclen. Sounds really good. :) thanks for the recommendation.

epic.cleavage - oh no, she took the, I guess, older yasmin. that was a few years ago. Ill do my research and make my decision :)

Lily - i do not have castor oil in my new apartment as I just moved from a different place about 2 months ago, so everythings all in boxes and i have limited food so i tried organic olive oil 2 nights ago. I dont know if its just a coincidence because I am on the last day of my cycle today, (but am still having headaches/sharp lower back pains) but my pimples have cleared up! I did read the link you gave and it is all very interesting and looks very familiar.
On another note, I just realized how BLIND I am! I have been using olive oil mixed with sugar on my body my entire life, since I was about 13 or 14 (on my legs, arms, "southern" region, etc.. places where I shave... haha) as a shaving cream and my skin is always like silk. Now, i did absolutely NOT use sugar on my face, ouch and yuckie!! But only used the oil alone. Works wonders. Im feeling better (more confident) as well.
Thank you for opening my eyes to this, Lily.

thanks girls. xoxox